Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/b-b-cobras-speak-bryan-anderson/)
-   -   B&B owners, please sign in here! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/b-b-cobras-speak-bryan-anderson/3792-b-b-owners-please-sign-here.html)

Brent Mills 12-21-2000 04:09 PM

Please take a moment and sign in and tell us a little about your car!

Brent Mills
Club Cobra

GREENSNAKE 12-22-2000 04:33 PM

HI EVERYONE! My cobra is a 1999 which i titled as a 1966 . I purchased it as a stage #3 kit and its #71 off the production line. It came wth the standard black gel coat which I'll prolly paint to a dark jade green with white stripes. Its powered by a 351windsor ,C6 tranny and 8.8 rear with four wheel disc Brakes and 327 gears .The Only thing left is to PAINT ' QUICK JACKS ,HOOD LATCHES, AND CARPETING AND IM ON MY WAY http://clubcobra.com/ubb/biggrin.gif!!! I CAN'T WAIT TIL SPRING!!! http://clubcobra.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://clubcobra.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://clubcobra.com/ubb/biggrin.gif HEY BRENT GREAT IDEA FOR POSTING OUR B@Bs HERE !!!!! TAKE CARE GUYS !!! (GREENSNAKE) LONNY UNVERZAGT

Steve K. 12-23-2000 02:13 PM

I'll title my B&B Cobra as a 1965 Ford Cobra.

I purchased the Cobra "special" donor kit plus I got the tubular coil over front end and 8.8 rear (3.27) with coil overs.

I've installed a 302 (5.0) freshly rebuilt with FMS GT40X turbo swirl heads, E303 cam, roller rockers. Should end up around 340 HP. Also have a T-5 transmission, king cobra clutch, pro 5 shifter, world class first gearing, MSD ignition, distributor, Holly 650 DP carb.

Just got the car back from the paint shop. Red with white stripes. Now just need to install the interior. Have not decided on what size wheels and tires I'll use. Probably a toss up between Team III and Compomotive.

Hope to put the car on the road around the end of January.

Steve Kessler

Claunch 12-24-2000 04:59 AM

Hi I am building a B&B, i LOVE THIS CAR,I did lot's of research and decided on B&B after talking to Bryan several times, I got a combo of the 5.0 donor kit, the stage 3 kit and the turn key minus, I wanted to use all new parts, I had Bryan paint it, mount it, and ship it to me, So I could finish putting it together,so far it has been great.
The fit and finish are superb, the paint is beautiful and the customer service is 2nd to none, Bryan is very accessible and always willing to help with my dumb questions!!! I dropped my Lemans gas cap and broke it,Bryan told me to just send it back and he would replace it, infact the new one was deliverd before I could even send the old one back!!
Those people out on Raccoon rd are very worthy of my business and yours!!!! http://clubcobra.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

A very happy customer!!!

Gordon Claunch

Dennis Correll 12-25-2000 03:13 AM

My B&B Roadster is a rolling chassis, it came painted and ready for me to finish. I am very satisfied with the car, I have enjoyed the project so far. I'm taking my time and keeping it enjoyable, and doing it in my spare time. The car is of high quality, I don't think it can be beat for a street car the body and frame are very good quality and excellent fit. The people on Raccoon Road in Mo. are a pleasure to do business with. I called them about a part and it was sent next day, with out even being asked to.

Bill'sCobra 12-25-2000 03:22 AM

Merry Christmas! I got my B&B cobra last Feb. and should be done the end of this coming Feb. I built a 351w and have a tremec 5-spd. I bought the kit as a stage III. Bryan has been great!The support has been unbelievable.With alittle less winter weather I hope to be in the Starbird show in Tulsa,OK.

George Cook 12-25-2000 04:20 AM

I have nothing but good to say about Bryan and the product he puts out. I purchased a turn key minus in 1999 and have had great fun with it all this summer. Equipped with a 351W and T5 transmission from York Sports Cars, 8.8 rear with 3.27 ratio. Car came painted and stripped (Viper Blue/white stripes). My friend purchased the stage III and we completed it over the winter and had it on the road and registered in July. Very easy car to complete.

Mike Norman 12-25-2000 08:32 AM

Hi,

I bought mine already built (got an incredible deal on it) and took it down to the frame. Custom tubular front end/coilovers, Ford 9" rear 3.70 gears. 390 FE block, Tremec TKO, Lakewood Bell housing, Edelbrock Heads, Custom Cam, etc...

Blue w/white stripes changing in the spring to Black w/Silver stripes. Brian and Barry have been tremendous with getting me parts and giving me advice. I'll sell this one in the next few years and I'll buy another.

Don Morris 12-26-2000 06:21 PM

B&B turn-key minus with 302, tremec, and 9 in. Ford rearend. Went to 5 manufactures and B&B was the best for me. If you need help call B-1 or B-2 and they will give you all the help you need.

worksalot 01-01-2001 01:45 AM

let me jump on this band wagon before it gets to long as i am sure it will.i bought the 5.0 special and picked it up december 9th 2000.i drove 9 hours to get it just to meet the guys at b&b and karen the sec.everyone was great and a pleaseure to do business with,they even arranged to have extra help come in on saturday to help get my kit loaded up on my trailer.everything looks great even the hard top and is going together smoothly,i already have the chassis rolling and should be firing up the engine next week.tech support is a+ i have built 2 cmc speedsters but this one is much more enjoyable.thanks guys..
john bullock
indiana

rjalynks 01-01-2001 03:30 AM

Hi Everyone! I purchased my B&B Cobra back in January, 2000. (Titled as a 1965 Cobra Roadster)It was purchased complete as a "Turn Key Minus". It is white with dark blue stripes, tubular front end, 8" deep wheels-front, 10" deep wheels rear, 9" 3.50 traction lock rear, 4-speed Close Ratio Ford Top Loader. It has a 1966 stroked 427 Ford Center Oiler(.017 over), Shelby Stage-II ported aluminum heads, Shelby Roller Rocker Setup, SCJ 3.980 Crank, SCJ Lemans Rods, 4.250" Arias forged pistons, Lunati custom ground cam for a manual trans application (2500-7500 rpm), ProStock Engineering 2-piece single plane intake, 800 Holley double-pumper. I cannot say enough of how happy I am with the car. It was a very pleasant experience dealing with Bryan and Karen. I did a lot of leg work in the beginning deciding on a manufacturer. It was Bryan's attitude about his cars and his reputation that made me decide on B&B. I am glad I did!!

Sincerely,
Rich Amtmann
Langhorne, PA

[This message has been edited by rjalynks (edited 09-14-2002).]

swk550 01-29-2001 06:20 AM

It's finished. I feel like a father with a new baby.

Steve

spencer 01-31-2001 06:04 PM

I've had my snake for four years. I purchased a turn key minus from Brian after visiting four (4) other manuf. It's register as a 65, which was very tough to do in Calif. Today I running a stroked 302 to 355. Steel crank, I beam rod, 10.5 to 1 flat top pistons, ported & polished aluminum head, Air Gap manifold, 1 7/8 custom headers, MSD ign, custom ground cam from FPS all this top off with a Demon carb. Most of the internal engine part were purchased from Ford Performance Solution (FPS). It dynoed out at 542 hp / 452 lbs.ft. The rest of the snake is normal, top loader, 8.8 rear end (3:27 ratio), painted BMW Blue w/ red pearl clear coat. I chose Brian's product because of his honest and straight forward approach to doing business and the support he provides after the sale. Plus B&B stand behind their products. If there is a issue, Brian & Barry will take time from their busy schedule to talk, think and find a solution. My car is a driver, I attend rod runs with my racin buddies and we're not real big on trying to trophy when we attend rod runs. I've received two trophies to my suprise. Just so you know, I'm an old hot rodder, I also have a 27 track T roadster. It runs an all aluminum buick V8. Wild ride!!!! If I were to build another snake it would with out a doubt one of Brians. Anyway, where are the other B&B snakes in the Los Angeles area?

Dana E 02-11-2001 04:05 AM

Hi everyone. I've got a 1994 B&B Cobra, by way of LA Exotics, which I bought already built about eighteen months ago. It's titled as a 1966 Ford replica here in Oregon. The car is Ferrari red with a 351C, C6 auto, 9" 3.70 rear end with four wheel disc brakes. I'm making a few changes to it this winter-more horsepower, stiffer rear springs, different wheels-hopefully it'll be back together this spring.

Rick 02-19-2001 12:36 PM

I got my B&B in late 2000 with just about every option Bryan has. I had Bryan mount the front and rear suspensions, and Bryan put junk wheels on, so the car could just roll into the garage. The suspensions were beautifully mounted, and they went the extra mile in mounting some other challenging parts that I could have messed up.
My car has an 8.8"/3.27 rear, and a very nicely rebuilt 351W with a T5 from John York at York Sports Cars. Also, leather interior, Stewart Warner guages from Finish Line, and whatever other cool stuff I can think of.
Check this out -- I'm building the car with my wife and daughter!!! And it actually started out as there idea!!!
Bryan and Karen at B&B are a pleasure to deal with. Actually, dealing with people like Bryan, Karen, John and Enzo really is one of the best parts of this project!
Support is quick and easy. Write an e-mail, and get your answer the next day (sometimes the same day!). Even pictures if you need them.
I should be driving by summer, but I don't know if I'll have painted it before I drive it!?

Jim Dandy 04-03-2001 10:44 AM

I took delivery of my Stage III in Sept. of 2000. I was very happy to see it roll up on the back of the delivery trailer. I don't know if my wife was as happy, we had to cut our anniversary dinner short to get home. B&B builds a nice car!! Every thing was done well and the fit was excellent. Mine has a york 351W and T-5 with 3.27 gears. I just ordered some Billet Specialties wheels and figure I'll have it completed early summer. The plan is to paint it Silver with black stripe. It has dual chrome roll bars ( a consession to the wife )and hopefully she and I can celebrate our next anniversary in it. The B's and Karen are a pleasure to deal with and I would highly reccomend B&B to anyone.

JonL 04-03-2001 11:26 AM

Hello All,
I'm newly registered and have a 1966 (1994) LAE with a 351w, Borg Warner T5, Holley carb. I've had the car for about a year - purchased from our friends at HOC. It's been way more fun than I ever imagined although I imagined big! It's my daily driver, so I get a lot out of it. I've been watching Club Cobra for a few months - lots of interesting info. Happy to be here.

Rick Young 08-11-2001 06:18 PM

I completed my LAExotics kit in 1994 and have 40k miles on it now. I agree that the kit is easy to build and is solid and reliable when complete.

We have taken our Cobra on vacation to Idaho and Wyoming six times so far, about 1800 miles round trip.

In order to have a more pleasant trip I designed and built a folding convertable top. The top mounts to the back side of the cockpit and therefore takes up no trunk space. I built hard plastic windows which do keep the elements out.

I wand to sell some of my tops to other Cobra owners as a retirement hobby but I have found that different kits were made off different original Cobras and, therefore are not quite the same.

I have had lots of interest from FFR owners but, I would have to sell my LAE and buy an FFR in order to properly build and fit the tops to the FFR body.

If any LAE/B&B owners have an interest in this, give me an e-mail.

bentl11 08-20-2001 08:33 PM

Mucho Happy

Got mine in March 2001. I could write a book on buying a Cobra after all the cars I have seen, videos watched, manuals read and builders I have spoken to. I chose B&B, and would do it again. The guys and Karen were super. I have to admit that when I flew in to see them, I was thinking "what am I doing in the middle of nowhere, in a cow pasture looking to buying a Cobra?" But mine has been great after a few minor problems were resolved. Take my advice and be patient when they tell you they need more time to finish the car. The only thing I really and truly regret is not getting enough motor and bigger brakes. John York's 351W is strong, but I'm a power junkie and it just doesn't cut it any more.
A 393 stroker with aluminum heads would be the minimum I would suggest. Forget the 302, my Dinan modded M3 will eat it for lunch. Mine was a turnkey and I am really surprised at the lack of squeaks and rattles. The quality is so much better than any of the Factory Five cars and others I have seen. Even the best built F5 cars were shoddy and flimsy in comparison. (God help you in a wreck) And I have seen some built by NASA aerospace engineers. There is no comparison. Beware though, the footwells can cook cookies here in Houston in the summer. The word hot just doesn't do it justice. hot Though if you work in a smelter plant or are a molten glass worker, it shouldn't bother you too much. Seriously, should you have any questions about build quality, go and visit the other folks and then pay a visit to B&B. It convinced me. Thanks again guys.....it still brings a smile to my face just to walk in the garage and see the blue beast.

Lincoln 12-09-2002 07:15 PM

Ordered the car in December of 95. Had a 351w with 351 2v heads, built for it. Added a toploader and put an Auburn locker in the rear. It has about 10500 on it now and sees a lot of short runs. I have taken it to Albany, Oregon and back to Bremerton, Washington and it runs well. I also ran down to Albany, over to Walla Walla, Washington and back to Bremerton and except for the top leaking like mad, she was fine.