Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2001, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
LA Exotics and B&B cobra owners: We are starting an owners club and invite you to participate. We are owners of these cars and thought it would be cool to get together (either on-line or in-person) to check out each others cars, ask and answer questions, share sources for parts (some LAE owners may not realize it, but they can get parts for their cars from B&B), go on rides, and possibly get together with other groups for track events. We are compiling a mailing list and will be putting together something shortly. If you are interested or know someone that might be, please e-mail me at curttool@earthlink.net with your e-mail, phone number and/or physical address.

Three of us will have our cars at the A.H.A. Knott’s Berry Farm show in April. We will also be joined by fourth entry and representative from B&B. So we will probably try to have a meeting the weekend of the show… more details to follow.

Also, since we are just getting this started (we don’t even have a name), please post or e-mail any suggestions you have for this group. We look forward to uniting owners of these great cars!

Cobra Curt

[This message has been edited by cobra curt (edited 03-27-2001).]
Old 04-03-2001, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Hey Curt....
Count me in for any events that you come up with. I think we should hold a B&B day at Willow Springs, the small track. This past weekend I had the pleasure to have open track time with Cobra University. While the class was in session, five Cobra's and two BMW's had the track. We had a great time. I was the only B&B car at the track. Lots' of Superformance, 1 Unique, 1 JPS, 1 Johnex. In total there were eleven Cobra's. I plan on going to the next session. You should plan on going to. Any, I'll talk to you before the Knott's Berry Show.
Later.....
Old 04-03-2001, 09:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B+B 351w #112
Not Ranked     
Count me in. To bad I live in Wisconsin. My B+B is not finished yet but hopefully this summer. Jim
Old 04-03-2001, 10:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

I, like Jim Werth, Have not yet finished my B&B but its getting real close. I think a B&B club sounds good but Knotts Berry is a long way from Palm Beach, FL.
Old 04-03-2001, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I'm glad to see we have some interest. Being far from Knott's Berry Farm is no problem. We are going to continue collecting names of owners until we have enough to get the ball rolling. Then, if we have enough interest we can start regional groups that can have events in their part of the country.

This should benefit you guys that haven't completed your cars yet, because you can tap the resources of people that have finished theirs. And getting cars together for meets would really help, because there's nothing better than seeing the completed product in person.

If you have ideas on how to reach other B&B/LA Exotics owners, let me know.

Cobra Curt
Old 04-04-2001, 01:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Count me in!!! I am from Michigan. Any B&B's in the Great Lakes area could form a great regional B&B Club.
Old 04-04-2001, 11:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I'm interested. I hope to be @ Knott's also but it depends on some business travel scheduling. If I make it I'll definitely look for you. I'll send you an e-mail as well w/ contact info.
Old 04-04-2001, 11:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

Curt.....
Alright!!!!!! You already know how to drive, if you drove featherlight cars at Willow Springs. You don't need no stinkin driving lessions, you need seat time. The deal at Cobra University is if you know how to drive (driven high performance car before) you can pay for just open track. They have two professional drivers give the class. The instructor run the students through class room instruction, skid pad drills, follow along, tracing the lines and open track. They hold the class at the small track (1.5 mile) "Streets of Willow Springs." I took the Bondurant school years ago, the school was at the old Riverside Raceway. And I'm sure you know how long that track has been closed. I've heard that you can spend upwards to $4,000 after everything is done and said on Bondurant. Cobra University has a web site the explains the cost and what you get for your money. If you get Kit Car mag check out the June issue, on page 10 there is an article on the new owner of HOC. Sometimes Ron and I hang out at shows and Stephen is the owner/president of Cobra University. The next outing will be June 15th. I didn't push my car to the limit for two reasons. First my tires would not hold the track and second I blew a manifold gasket in the morning session. I ordered a set of Hoosiers from Trackside Racing and maybe I'll pick up a second set of rims for the track. I'll post a couple digital photographs when I get a chance. Are there any shows out your way over the next two weekends?.
Talk to ya later....
Spence....
Old 04-10-2001, 02:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B Viper yellow 302, carbed, t-5, 9
Send a message via ICQ to avanti
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Hello Curt: Wife and I will be at Knotts with our Yellow B&B.
We are coming dwn from Sacramento Fri. Staying at Super 8 ???
Bryan is sending our NEW hardtop with his booth stuff .
Would LIKE very much to see and meet other B&B owners.

Bob & Jan
Old 04-13-2001, 05:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
It's great to see a response to this group. Thanks for your e-mails and personal notes about your cars.

Our first meeting will be over dinner on Saturday April 28th at Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant (adjacent to the front gate of Knott's Berry Farm. We will meet at the B&B booth and walk over from there. There will be security for the cars in the show, so we won't have to worry about parking. If you are bringing your car, but you're not in the show, I don't know if they'll let you pull into the secured lot, but we can try it.

If you have ideas of what the group should do, or how it should be coordinated, or you want to head-up a local chapter, then come to the meeting or post a reply here or send me an e-mail. So if you can't make the meeting, don't worry, we want your input!!!

Looking forward to Knott's,

Cobra curt
Old 04-14-2001, 01:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

sounds like a great idea.i'm game for some group organization.i have already sent you an email curt once again thanks for getting this ball rolling, lets all keep it going .anyone with a b&b planning on going to the double venom spring fling??my wife and i will be there.
Old 04-19-2001, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Small change in plans for Knott's: We will be going to dinner at Cucina Cucina Italian Cafe at the Radison (it's about a two minute walk from Mrs. Knott's chicken dinner restaurant and we won't have to wait 1 1/2 hours for a table!)

Even if you can't come to dinner, stop by the B&B booth and say hi.
Old 04-19-2001, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
(snip)B&B and LA Exotics owners club(snip)

NW Exotics invited too?

Old 04-20-2001, 12:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 Seat Roadster-by B&B, 460+ w/auto.
Not Ranked     
Hey Kim. Where do you think Josh at NWExotics got the frame and body package from? Yes, your's IS a B&B car.

Ron

Old 04-20-2001, 04:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Of course you're invited. Anyone at the show is welcome to come. Of course, I would appreciate it if you'd e-mail me and let me know you're coming so I can let the restaurant know how many to expect(give or take 10 or 20!)

cobra curt
Old 04-30-2001, 09:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

B&B was well represented this past weekend at Knott's Berry Farm. Jon, Ken, George, Curt, and Bob all had entries at the b&b booth, and Kevin from b&b brought a stage 3 for showgoers to inspect. It seems to me that b&b owners, for the most part, are people that really did their homework, looking for a company that offered the most quality for the price range. So it was fun helping others with their search for the right car company. b&b owners from as far as Washington state (Bob) and Chicago (Sam) came to the show. Talk about dedication!

Kit Car Illustrated photographed one of the b&b's and they said they are hoping to do a feature on performance cobras from many different manufacturers (hopefully in the next issue).

As far as the club goes, we are going through a few names given to us by b&b. The goal is to get enough members together in different parts of the country to put together chapters in each region. So if you know a b&b owner, have him e-mail me. We'll keep compiling the list and then turn them over to those of you that have volunteered to head up chapters (and a few already have!).

Is anyone planning on going to Carlisle in May, lets hear from you? This would be a good chance for you guys on the East Coast to get together.

Curt
Old 04-30-2001, 09:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile Thanks

Hey Curt, Just wanted to say thank you for all your help answering Mine and Dennis Correll's questions at knotts
We really appreciate the help, We are both in Bakersfield and when we get our cars done I am sure you can count us in for club members, again thanks for all your help!!

Gordon Claunch
Old 05-01-2001, 08:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B-'66......427 SC
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

hi..........good idea............i'm in................'98 build , 1966 427 s/c , 302 , 600 cfm , c4-b&m and a n'easterner from n.j.---------conradtr3.
Old 08-11-2001, 06:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I built an LAExotics in 1994 and now have 40k miles on it. It was an easy car to build and has been a pleasure to drive. We have taken it on vacations to Idaho and Wyoming, from Morro Bay, CA., on six occations, about 1800 miles round trip.

We also go to several local shows and the three hand crafted shows, here in the west, as often as we can. I have been to Knott's every year since I built the car and have several trophies to preserve the memory.

We have some cool mornings, with the marine layer, here on the central coast, and have encountered just about all the weather you might expect out here in the west. In order to enjoy the trips I designed and built a folding top for my car. That has become my retirement hobby of late.

I have a vinyl cover and hard plastic windows that do keep the bad stuff out. There are no body modifications to install the top, it takes up no trunk space (a definite plus on long trips) and it is easy to put up or down.

Give me an e-mail response if there is any interest in this sort of thing. I have had several owners of FFR kits interested but, due to the slight differences in the body, in order to build a top that fits an FFR I need one in my garage. I really don't want to sell my LAE but I may have to in order to satisfy my hobby needs.
Old 08-21-2001, 09:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rick,

Since you've be weatherizing your car...

I have noticed a few places where water can enter either the cockpit or trunk from underneath the car, have done anything about those, what did you do?

Curt