Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2003, 06:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: It WAS a B & B 306, T-5, narrowed 9" - 4:11... Hope to replace it soon.
Not Ranked     
Question Build Stands

Hey all;

I just ordered my B & B last week. My wife and I went to vist Bryan & co. They were very nice, even let me shoot a few pics.

If you have to get your wife to buy in, be sure to take her with when you go, my wife was very impresses and let me buy it on the spot? (good girl)

Anyway to my question..

I want to build a stand for the frame build up, what did you guys use? I do not feel jack stands are the way to go, with my luck I'll knock it over..

I took a picture of the stands @ B & B but I deleted it by mistake..OOPS.. I have a welder or 2 so fabrication isn't a problem.. I am also better at welding than photography!

Thanks
Fred
Old 02-15-2003, 08:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     

Ah yes, another B&B builder in the Chicago area. I am about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through my build. If there are any tips I can share or there is anything you want to look at, please let me know. I used Jack stands on my build and they worked great. If I did not knock them over, you will not. What options did you go with? How long do you think your build will take? Did you take delivery yet?

Tom
Old 02-15-2003, 09:00 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Everett-Morrison,428SCJ
Not Ranked     

Hi Fred,

Here is what I did. It was nice to have the frame up off the floor to work on, and with the casters it was easy to move around.

Good Luck!
Jon
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2003, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B+B 351w #112
Not Ranked     

I used jack stand but mounted them on homemade carts so I could move the car around in the garage. Worked great! Good luck on your B+B. I think I finally talked my wife out of building one for her. Now more upgrades for me!!! Jim
Old 02-15-2003, 04:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 Seat Roadster-by B&B, 460+ w/auto.
Not Ranked     
Talking

Not if I send Wendy an e-mail! We have a new 5.0 Special kit that has a lot more parts in it than what you got before. "But only while supplies last!" More parts than an FFR and also $1,000.00 less. Interested? I think that's what Fred got. Haven't seen the paperwork since I've been in the welding/fabrication dep't for the last couple of weeks.

Ron
Old 02-16-2003, 12:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: It WAS a B & B 306, T-5, narrowed 9" - 4:11... Hope to replace it soon.
Not Ranked     
Talking

Thanks everyone.

I will fabricate me one high class wooden cart after I go get my engine this weekend..
Found a 91 5.0 HO out of a T-bird at the local pick and pull yard here in Summit, IL .. All engines on sale 79.99 plus core charge.. I want to build a stroker anyway, and they have a couple with under a 100 k that turnover. It is a start..

I hope to have it running by Summer, and painted by middle late summer.. But all depends on my allowance, my job at the railroad, and what kind of deals on drive train parts. If I keep running into stuff like the engine I will be quite happy... Plus I have to sell my LTD convert... I hate to say it but it is in the way...So she gotta go..

Now for what I got from B & B.. 5.0 Donor kit, tublar front control arms, coil overs all 4 corners, narrowed 9" rear with discs, wiring harness, and a heater for the wife. I still can't get over the amount of stuff included, wish I could buy 2. Basicly a set of wheels and tires and I will have a roller.. Can't beat it.. But one at a time...
Old 02-16-2003, 01:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile Jim is doomed

Slow Dawg ;

Send the email.. He will be building another for sure... Not to mention he is pretty close to me here in Elmhurst, IL, and my wife will be no help to him... If my wife gets ahold of his wife, he will be building another.. HA HA Oh yeah I can scan in my invoice and email it to him too..

My wife was the one that said "do you want write the check today", when we came there last weekend.. She also has lined up a trailer for the trip back to pick it up... I sometimes wonder if this is one of those projects that I will end up losing... She is even looking at what color it should be... I can't even use "it has a stick shift" line.. I taught her how to use one of those too...
Old 02-16-2003, 04:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I found a used cobra for sale awhile ago for my wife. It was the exact color she wanted with the stripe color she wanted too. Purple and silver. Found a picture on the net and showed it to her. She was all excited till she found out it had an automatic transmission. She said forget it and didn't even want to go look at it!! Slow Dawg don't bother emailing her. Shes trying to start her own business out of our house. We bought supplies worth about $10,000 on Friday. We just changed ISPs so I don't even Know what our email address is yet. Jim
Old 02-16-2003, 07:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good luck to you and your wife on the new adventure.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks, now I just have to wait for the upgrades I want. Hope she makes enough money to pay for them. Jim