Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2004, 05:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: '91 Contemporary, blue street style
Not Ranked     
Default Harness Installation

I just collected my '03 B&B - its beyond my wildest expectations. Awesome build. Many thanks for a great product.

Could you help me with installing the 5-point harness please. Its the type with twin seperate shoulder belts (ie not Y-type that goes into a single belt) .

At the rear of the trunk there is a huge fiberglass shelf that the roll-bar goes through, and mounts to something solid somewhere under this fiberglass.

How do I get to the mounting point for the harness please ? Should I cut-out 4 squares in the fiberglass shelf, so I can see and locate the 4 mounting points ?

Many thanks,
Scott (westchester)
Old 04-18-2004, 06:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I drilled 4 holes completely through the cross bar that the roll bar is mounted, but I did this before the body was mounted. It can probally be done from under the car but there is not a lot of room. Then I just used 3/8" grade 8 bolts to hold it all down. I checked and all my gallery pics are gone but I will load one tonight.
Chris

Last edited by cslithergo; 04-18-2004 at 06:26 AM..
Old 04-18-2004, 06:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

thanks Chris......also I have a clearance problem on my driveway, and need to raise the suspension 1/2 - 1 inch. Do you know where I can get spacers from ?
Old 04-18-2004, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     

Do you have the standard springs, or do you have the coil over shocks? If you have the coil overs, you use a coil over wrench, kind of like a spanner wrench to tighten the adjustment nuts to raise the spring.

If you have the standard suspension, you typically raise the rear by rotating the spring in the mount, therby exposing more of the spring. If your springs were cut, you may not have enought length. The coil overs are easy to adjust, give a better ride, so you may want to upgrade if you do not have them.

Tom
Old 04-19-2004, 04:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

here is a pic of the roll bar area of the frame that should show where I drilled holes.... the area where the dust is on the front cross brace shows the holes. IF the roll bar area is different then yours is because I used a Finish Line roll bar.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2004, 04:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

not a great pic but it shows where I put the belt holes on the inside. I like you have the two belt set up. Not bad for a garage paint job.....you can also see the Rhino liner that I had sprayed on the inside of the car and its also in the trunk and in each wheel area...
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2004, 09:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Many thanks guys. Tom - thanks for the pics. I cannot see frame pic very well (do you have a larger one pls) or which cross brace did you drill and attach to ? (the one nearer the passenger compartment or the one further to the rear of the car ?

Appreciate the help.
Scott
Old 04-20-2004, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I meant Chris...thanks for phots..