Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2004, 08:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default stil looking

I've been looking in to getting my first cobra and was just wanting to get some feedback about B and B and their products.

This is a real nail biter !!
Old 08-19-2004, 05:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B+B 351w #112
Not Ranked     

I tried to reply before but don't know what happened. Ask any question you want, I'll try to answer! Jim
Old 08-19-2004, 03:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I know how you feel. I was there a few years ago and I've been very happy with my choice. Send me an E-mail, and I'll give you my phone number If you want to talk.
Jason
Old 08-19-2004, 09:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the replys. Ijust wondering about the B&B experience overall ? like were the ship dates on time ? Is the quality of the kits what you expected ? what would you do different ? you know ?
the usual 100 questions someone could think up.
I've read so many forums and websites i can't rember what i wanted to ask.
THANKS KEN

Last edited by ktippit; 08-19-2004 at 09:07 PM..
Old 08-20-2004, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Have them do as much as you can afford. You can mix and match from diiferent stages and pick and choose what you want. I went to see there factory before I ordered my car. Picked up my car in 2000. I'm very happy with it and have no complaints with the car. The only problems I've had was some stupid stuff that I did! Have them install the brake and fuel lines. I think that was the hardest part of the whole build! The only part I had back ordered was a rear view mirror. Got it in less than a week. Jim
Old 08-22-2004, 08:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the info, i am a pipe fitter by trade so bending small tube is real easy for me, i also used to be a mechanic, and have done a lot of auto body and paint so i am really looking forward to this build with my 14 year old son.

Maybe it will get him interested in cars and forget the video games !

In the meantime ill keep reading the forums .

thanks KEN
Old 08-23-2004, 04:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good luck getting him away from the video games. My son is 15. He just bought his first car, a 64 Ford Galaxie . I'm doing about 90% of the body work, he does the rest. He still sits and plays games alot!!!! Jim
Old 08-23-2004, 09:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics (B&B) Cobra, 408W, Roush Heads, Demon Carb, Comp Cam, Tremec Z-Spec T5, 9" Auburn Rear
Not Ranked     

Ken,

I am glad that you are looking at B&B's. I really think these cars are the most underrated of the bunch. Their glasswork is second to none. I have seen owners of the "big 2" (factory 5 and Superformance) have their jaws drop when I tell them that my car is not painted (just red gel coat). If you have seen the garish seems on some of the other kits before painting, you'll understand. B&B also makes extensive use of coremat for reinforcement. The seams on my body panels, and the "thunk" of the doors closing are really on par with a production car. The cars also respect the dimensions of the originals (90" wheel base, etc), and just look great. The boxed chassis with the x-member is also very sturdy.

Bryan and Barry are very helpful when you call too. The only downside of buying a B&B, is that there are only about 4 or 5 five these things in any metro area (I think 800 total including LA Exotics and NW Exotics). You may envy watching a group of 30 Factory 5 owners swap tales and tips that don't apply to you. Good luck and have fun!

Click on my gallery to see photos.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Goaztecs was that your car at the danville hot august nights on thursday ? I've been talking to bryan from B and B so things are getting closer .

ken
Old 08-29-2004, 07:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics (B&B) Cobra, 408W, Roush Heads, Demon Carb, Comp Cam, Tremec Z-Spec T5, 9" Auburn Rear
Not Ranked     

Hey Ken,

No, that wasn't me. My car will be out of commision for a while while I do an engine swap. If you're in the Bay Area, there's an older LA Exotics for sale at Showroom Auto in San Jose. One of the nicest ones I have seen is here in San Mateo. 427 side oiler, polished components, etc. Call Tango's auto in San Mateo and ask for Tom. He does all of the work on that car, and can probably arrange for you to see it.

/Chris
Old 04-07-2006, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, KC 427
Not Ranked     

I have LAE/B&B. If your buying a Kit to build, I would chose a Hurricane. If you buying a roller I would go the extra cost and get a Superperformance, its the best. You check them out.