Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2005, 09:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B Kit built in 2000, 514CID Big Block Ford with Richmond 5sp and Ford rear
Not Ranked     
Default Just bought a used B&B and have lots of questions

Hello everyone!

I just picked up a red and white2000 B&B Cobra with a 514 Crate motor and Richmond 5sp and I had a some questions.

The car has less than 300 miles on it, and hasnt been driven in the last year. I want to do some maintenance but I don't have any specs on the car.

1) What kind of brakes are used on these cars?
2) Can I replace the Radiator with something more recent?
3) Can I get another oilpan to fit under this car with more than 3inches of ground clearance under it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ever
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2005, 09:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

I have a 2000 B&B with a 427 and to answer some of your questions:

Brakes: Fronts are probably GM Metric(78-80 Monte Carlo), Backs 87 Lincoln Mk VII as is the axel if it is a solid 8.8. I switched mine to dual piston Wildwoods.

I had a custom radiator made for mine by Arts Radiator in New Jersey ($450).

I am running a Canton Road Race oil pan ($350) and I have between 3 1/2 and 4 " of clearance. Hasn't been a problem yet.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 03-22-2005, 04:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     

Yet another B&B owner in the area, awesome! I am trying to get together a purchase for ROn Davis Radiators with built in fans. Where was the car from?
Old 03-22-2005, 06:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B Kit built in 2000, 514CID Big Block Ford with Richmond 5sp and Ford rear
Not Ranked     
Default Down south a bit

I bought the car from its original owner who lived in Decatur. I actually just stumbled on the car. I was working in Decatur and picked up one of those free "Sell you car" papers that's in the hotel lobby where I was staying.

Right there on the second to last page was this guys B&B cobra. It had only about 300 miles and he said that it doesn't get driven anymore. The guy wanted to get rid of it to start a business. So over the last month as I was travelling there I kept talking him down in price until I decided to get a truck, trailer and a cashiers check and take her home.

The guy took pretty good care of it, but it still has some paint chips and the motor is kind of dirty. But nothing a little elbow grease won't take care of.

The kit looks like it was designed with quality in mind, but it's definately a driver's car. Not a trailer queen. Which is good cause what's the point in having this nice of a car and not driving it.

Anyway...it's good to see that there are other B&B kits up here. I want to do some comparisons with other kits. I think there are still some improvements I would like to make, likea new Radiator, Brakes, maybe some body and interior work, but she is fine for now.

I hope to make the April 9th meeting. As long as I am not on the road working, I should make it.

Thanks,

Ever
Old 03-22-2005, 06:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Radiator question

The rad in my Cobra look pretty wimpy and the other day when I took it for a spin the temp hovered around 200. I don't know much about Ford Big Blocks so I didn't know if that was normal. the Big Block chevy in my '23 sits around the same temp...but she hates to be that hot.

Do you got a link to that radiator you are trying to buy? Also does it fit all the B&B kits or do I have to make brackets and such.

Thanks,

Ever
Old 03-27-2005, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR, 351/408 stroker - TKO 600
Not Ranked     

I am in the process of having Ron Davis build a readiator for me as well. I have a BDR that the radiator appears to be a bit wimpy for my liking. I have an advantage. during delivery the radiator was damaged so I have the old to send to Ron Davis as a moch up with modifications in mind. Talk to Dwayne he'll get you setup
Old 03-27-2005, 08:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 396 long block, PROBE Forged Dished pistons 8.75 to 1 and Vic Jr. heads from Engine Factory. Tremec TKO. BDR#244 Sterling Gray/Silver stripes. 17in polished wheels, glove box and tonneau cover.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by oncebitten

I am in the process of having Ron Davis build a readiator for me as well. I have a BDR that the radiator appears to be a bit wimpy for my liking. I have an advantage. during delivery the radiator was damaged so I have the old to send to Ron Davis as a moch up with modifications in mind. Talk to Dwayne he'll get you setup
Hey oncebitten,

I'll have pretty much the same motor as you and was wondering what you ment by wimpy. I will have a 180 degree thermo in mine. I figured that should be fine. Do you think its the fan and rad or just the rad?

Sid
Old 03-27-2005, 08:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I say wimpy but it might be that I just don't know how hot a big block ford should run. My big block chevy likes running around 185-190. I took the cobra out for a spin when it was 40 degrees and she ran up to 200-205 and I just thought that was a little high. I don't know if it has a thermostat in it , I have to start taking a more thorough look at the mechanicals, I just haven't had time.

Maybe BBF's like to run at that temp? I was just expecting that in that kind of weather that it would have run a bit cooler so I thought that it probably was the rad, since I had the same problem with by BBC. I have a new Walker Z rad for my BBC which should solve the problem with my BBC.

I just don't know if the Cobra should run that hot. It has dual electric fans in front of the rad. I thought that the fans should be behind the rad and not in front of it.

These are just opinions though, since I am new to this car and to the setup in it. I suppose that I will learn as I go along.

Thanks for the help and I hope to see you at the meeting.

Ever