Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2005, 08:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B, 351 W, TREMEC 600
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Just picked up my new Cobra

I just wanted anyone who might be shopping around that after about 3 years of comparing; I just picked up my new B&B Cobra. My wife and I traveled from the Chicago area to the factory and we were treated royally by the crew at B&B. They took the time to answer all of our questions and tour us through the facility. I see real value in their approach and in their product. We bought the 5.0 donor with most of the donor parts also supplied by B&B. This is a great way to go. Thanks to Bryan, Berry, Karen and all the crew at B&B.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

RobV,

Welcome to the Club! And welcome to the madness - a new level
of fun that many never dream of. If you haven't driven one of these
before, one word of caution - when you get it going, go easy to feel
it out, things can happen very quickly if you get careless!
Old 04-01-2005, 12:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B
Not Ranked     

Welcome,

You made a great choice!

You can observe a lot from just watching.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     

We just keep adding to the B&B ranks here in Illinois. I think Bryan and Barry should pay to round us all up for some fun and picture taking. If you have any questions, drop a line.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B+B 351w #112
Not Ranked     

I agree! Great choice. Any questions just ask!! Jim
Old 04-02-2005, 08:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Another cobra in illinois

Congrats on the cobra! I think we should get a cobra convoy going sometime here Illinois . What you think guys ?Greensnake
Old 04-02-2005, 08:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

RobV
I also think you made a good choice. You will find B and B to be a good group of people with which to work. They always seem willing to help their customers. And this continues long after the sale.
Good luck. You will find many in this club who will help you.

RON
Old 04-04-2005, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics, 351C/T-5 trans. Guardsman Blue
Not Ranked     

RobV: great to see that you got your cobra!! As was already mentioned, these cars can be a handful, so please be careful when driving it. Start a gallery and post some pictures as soon as you can. Congratulations again. You are going to have endless hours of FUN with a cobra (especially a superb one like your B&B).

BTW: my Mom, 3 brothers and sister live in Kankakee) Were I able to convince my Coronado, California spose to move from the Republic of Kalifornia, I'd move back there or to my home State of Indiana in a micro-second!!
Old 04-04-2005, 06:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B Manufacturing,351 SVO stroker from Bennett Racing
Not Ranked     

RobV:

Welcome to the B & B family.. Ask questions and there will some we've all been there before.

J.A.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rob V
Congrats on your new baby...now to break it in, bring it to the D.V. SPRING FLING V June 24, 25, and 26th and really get to know it, and your family will have a blast with you.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:50 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You're killin' me! The gap between now and when I'm able to purchase my B&B keeps changing--this is driving me nutz!! Enjoy, bro!!

Now, back to my regularly scheduled day dream...
Old 04-27-2005, 12:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Over a month into this build and I am convinced that I made the right buy. Karen is a dream to work with and Brian and Barry are both full of information and very helpful. If I do another one (and I might) I would go for another B&B.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: It WAS a B & B 306, T-5, narrowed 9" - 4:11... Hope to replace it soon.
Not Ranked     
Talking

You will find that B & B is a class act. We had a 5.0 kit from B & B and it was a dream to put together. It took about 7 weeks for me to go on my test ride. There isn't really any questions that they can't answer for you... I can't wait to get another one here in the near future....To add myself back to the list of Illinois B & B owners. Good luck and enjoy.

PS.. Just watch out for the wiper motor, I ran mine over because I was so excited to drive it. I drove over the cable which was sticking out the rear wheel opening beacuse I forgot to take it out of the car oops.. HA HA.

Fred
Old 06-07-2005, 06:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427, 302/w351W heads, T5 trans.
Not Ranked     

Rob V

I just noticed you're from St. Charles, the place I was born and raised. Live in Naperville now. I picked up my B&B Cobra in January and am making steady progress--about half way--considering the improvements and modifications I making to the original kit. Can't say that I am in any hurry to finish as I enjoy the peace and quiet of working in my garage. It's a great stress reliever and I am treating the build as an enjoyable hobby. Any way I agree that working with the people at B&B is great. My only complaint is the poor quality of the assembly manual and build CD. Well, speaking of St. Charles, I'm on my way there today to visit Midwest Driveshaft. Let me know if you want to get in touch outside this forum to trade information. I'd be interested in viewing your car to see how you have dealt with some of the problem areas I've encountered.

Jim A
Old 06-08-2005, 05:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B Manufacturing,351 SVO stroker from Bennett Racing
Not Ranked     

Jim A:

You use instructions to put something together I ordered the nose insert piece to help on bringing the temp down and adding to the looks. The instructions skipped a few steps so you had to basically fill in the blanks. Well heck if I was going to that why read the things in the first place. We all buy things because of the people standing behind the product( Or least I do). No exception in this case. The whole B & B crew is a pleasure to work with, I just hope they never change that part of their company.

J.A.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E.R.A. FIA #2088 1964 289 w/Webers
Not Ranked     

We might believe you if we had some pics
Old 06-12-2005, 07:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim A.

I would love to get together to compare notes. Yes the written manual (well sort of a remembrance of one person’s build) and the CD offer some suggestions at the way to approach things. I think the group at B&B are the best and will help with any question. However, one of the enjoyable things for me has been figuring things out. I am waiting on my engine from Classic Roadsters. Don says it will be ready in a week or two. Maybe for father’s day?

I am doing the body work now and once the engine is in place, I will be ready to set the body on to fit the hood and doors. I hope to have it all up by the end of the summer. Email me at vogelr@vmcmail.com and we’ll work out a time to get together. I look forward to comparing notes.

Rob
Old 08-04-2005, 08:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Reached a mile marker tonight. I have finished all the wiring (except head and tail lights) and mechanicals. The body is ready to go on the frame for fitting of the doors, hood and trunk. All the testing I can do has been done. I remain impressed with the kit and the fit of the parts. There have been a few issues, but that's the fun. If anyone is on the fence with a B&B kit, as far as I am concerned, it's a great choice.

Thanks to Brian and Barry for a well done piece of work.

Rob

Old 08-04-2005, 08:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Build B&B

Hi Rob! Sounds like you are making headway. Congrats!! Hey Rob do you care if i get your e-mail. address i might need some help along the way. I am right behind you on the build getting ready to wire and run the brakelines. My Email is greensnake69@hotmail.com Thanks Rob! Lonny

Last edited by GREENSNAKE; 08-05-2005 at 01:20 PM..
Old 08-05-2005, 07:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Lonnie,

I have emailed you and I would like to help wherever I can.

Rob