Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2006, 08:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B, 1969 392w, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     
Question Parking brake photos?

Does anyone have photos of their parking brake setup? Any part numbers and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Mike
Old 04-27-2006, 08:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Streetbeast, 351W
Not Ranked     

If you go to my gallery the first few pictures are of my brake handle, it is a lokar set up, the cables fit the rear axel just right (ford 8.8)
Old 04-27-2006, 07:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B, 351 W, TREMEC 600
Not Ranked     

Mike,

Do you want to floor mount (passenger side of the tunnel) or trans mount the emergency brake handle? If B&B supplied your carpet they would have placed the emergency brake handle boot somewhere.

Rob
Old 04-28-2006, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 351/402 Fi roller everything
Not Ranked     

i used bandb's hand brake set up seems to work.I reversed the suplied cable cut the spring and ground one end to fit in the brake caliper. then cut and driled the mount as in my picture,it seems flimsy untill you bolt threw the fiberglass floor pannel which makes everything more solid. good luck.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rob and pmfranke,
B&B does not supply the emergency brake handle or cables with their kits, right? I don't remember seeing them. I was going to go with the passenger side floor mount. From pmfranke's photo, it looks like that piece of metal near the center on the passenger side is where you mount the handle. Do you guys have any more photos of how you run the cables and how they attach to the rear brakes? I'm just guessing and trying to figure this stuff out with no experience. Thanks a lot... all you guys are such a great resource.
P.S. On the master cylinder, which port goes to the rear brake line?

Mike
Old 04-28-2006, 02:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B+B 351w #112
Not Ranked     

I got an ebrake handle with mine,but maybe things have changed. I got my B+B in 2000. The handle looks just like a mustang II handle. Jim
Old 04-28-2006, 02:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim... I got mine last year. Maybe I should take another look. Did you get the cables too?
Mike
Old 04-28-2006, 04:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B...351/393w
Not Ranked     
Default brake handle

Brake handle should be supplied with kit. Here is a picture of mine. I welded an extra piece back to frame to stiffen it up, did not like the fact that bolting through the fiberglass was going to be the stiffening factor. Cables can also be dependant on which type of rear brakes you are intending on running.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...rakehandle.jpg
Old 04-30-2006, 07:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B, 351 W, TREMEC 600
Not Ranked     

Mike
I did not get the parking brake handle with my kit. I bought the Lokar floor mount and located the mounting holes to catch as much of the bracket as possible. It seems to be a less than perfect attachment, but I think it is adequate. I do not have pictures and it's difficult now to get anything worth looking at for installation purposes.

I ended up changing my brakes to Wilwoods with a drum type parking brake. In part, this was due to my concern that my wife would never be able to pull the handle to set the parking brake with the B&B supplied rear calipers. It also lessened concerns over the strength of the parking bracket. If I had left the B&B calipers in place, I would have installed additional support for the parking brake bracket.

B&B provides a bracket to the rear of the floor mount location for the cables to terminate. This works well with the recommended cables. However, the cables B&B recommended were a little long. When I changed to the Wilwoods, I went with the Lokar cables that allowed me to cut to fit. The Lokar cables also work well with the brackets installed on the B&B frame. I would recommend the Lokar cables so long as the cable end will work with your caliper.

Rob
Old 05-01-2006, 11:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

i got mine jan 3, 05. it came with cables (from italy),handle , chevy rear disc brake setup.It is a little different than wfieldin ,maybe i should weld some brackets to the parking brake bracket but when i put on the drive shaft tunnel it seems really strong. i made plates to hold the cables away from the drive shaft ( in my pics).good luck. i pick up my drive shaft tomorow. maybe ill get it together for WSCB in three weeks!
Old 05-01-2006, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

the port closest to the front of the car goes to the rear brakes,the port with the large resivoure towards the back of the car is for the front brakes,they do he most work. BTW we all have no experience , every car is different just like the original's !!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 06:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

They don't supply a handle any more. I will try to get you a picture of the way that I beefed up my mount. The mount as it comes is useless! I complained to the guys at B&B and they sent me a handle free of charge. (I mentioned that it is listed in their flyer)
Old 05-02-2006, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

nice site inflecher. what did you do with the hand brake mount?
Old 05-02-2006, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm a bit confused about the master cylinder. Pmfrank says the large rear cylinder is connected to the front brakes. My mechanic (for my daily drivers) says the same thing because the rear reservoir has a larger port to deliver a higher volume of fluid quicker. But, the guys at Classic Tube (where I got my brake lines) said that normally the larger port goes to the rears like Infletcher has his set up. Maybe it doesn't make that much difference... I'm getting a lot of differing opinions.

Mike
Old 05-02-2006, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 351w
Not Ranked     

I had the same question about the master cyl. so I look a a few regular cars and trucks and they all were the same big tank to the front.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

front brakes are bigger ,do most of the work, have a larger piston or pistons , need more volume.it does make a difference! chevy are different.so dont look at them as a reference.I went through it too.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

Here's a picture of the way that I reinforced the parking brake mount.
g