Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2007, 01:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Motor Mounts

I can't get an answer from B&B, hopefully someone can help me here so I can get my engine in.

Will a set of motor mounts made for a fox body ford work in a B&B chassis?

Thanks,
Corey C
Old 06-18-2007, 02:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     

No, as far as I know, they will not. They are the mounts for an early model Mustang. Also, do not try to be clever and get the poly urethane mounts for a Ford 302 in the same era, as those are about 3/4" higher and present hood clearance issues. You are probably best just ordering the mounts from Karen at B&B or getting the part number and running up to NAPA.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Do the mounts at NAPA have to be welded in or can they be bolted in? I am trying to avoid welding.

Corey C
Old 06-18-2007, 03:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Does anyone know the part #'s for a 302 and TKO 600? Anyone have a photo of their motor and transmission mounts installed in the car?

Corey C
Old 06-18-2007, 05:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B , 351W 400+
Not Ranked     
Default Motor mounts

Corey, the motor mounts for my 351W are 2287 Anchor at OReilly. Some other brands use the same number. I'm guessing they are the same for the 302? They go on the engine and mount to the B&B steel engine mount. I agree with calling Karen and buying their steel engine mount. The rear trans mount I like is Prothane 6-1605-BL (Summit). I have a 351W connected to a TKO-600 with this set up and it fits my body and chassis very well. My engine mounts are welded in but I suppose you could bolt them in. I put some pictures in my gallery tonight and you can see the motor mounts even though the pictures are named differently. Hope this helps.

Bob
Old 06-19-2007, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

B&B will not return my emails or phone calls so I can't get any info out of them . Did your kit come with a trans cross member? Mine did not, but I guess I could easily make one up. My chassis did not come with the steel mounts welded in as I have heard some have. Therefore I am looking for a bolt in solution. The engine/trans are ready to go, just waiting on the mounts. I would prefer to find something locally (canada).
Old 06-19-2007, 07:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B , 351W 400+
Not Ranked     
Default B&B Reply

Corey, something is screwed up if they are not calling you back. Karen is as good as they come taking care of things and the guys have always been helpful. Sometimes not so good on the e-mail but great on the telephone. They work 4/10's and are not in on Friday's. Bryan is there at 7 AM CST and Karen comes in at 8.
The crossmember came with my kit. Did you buy the kit from them or from someone that didn't finish it? I would think you would get a crossmember with a kit(my guess). It is a piece of channel you can see in my pictures. The welded in engine mounts can be bolted in if you want to drill through the frame. Good Luck.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Corey i am sorry you are having trouble getting through, i don't Know what number you are calling but our main office number Is 417 472-3547 I will have one of the guys call you today to find out what we can help you with.

Karen
Old 06-20-2007, 12:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Corey,

Those guys at B&B are great I am sure there is some kind of a mix up. Check Bobs pictures out in his gallery. If you want them stiffer send me an email and I can tell you how to stop most of the movement from a torquey engine.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 06-20-2007, 01:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 351/402 Fi roller everything
Not Ranked     

i have some pics. cobra 010 and 011
Old 06-20-2007, 03:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

B&B mailed me the motor mounts today. Thanks for the pics, big help.

Corey Crawley