Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2007, 08:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B , 351W 400+
Not Ranked     
Default Radiator Pictures from B&B cars

Would you B&B owners that have successfully gotten past the "engine getting hot while at stop lights" issue take some pictures of your fan and radiator setup? Or, if you already have them on your picture forum direct me to them. What fan did you use and how did you mount it without sticking the plastic ties through the radiator core?
I would like to use the 11 inch twin Spal setup but don't have the room as there is only 23 inches between the frame rails.
If you have pictures of how you ducted air in the front to the radiator I would like to see that to. I know I'm asking a lot but would appreciate the help.

Thanks, Bob
Old 09-30-2007, 09:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B
Not Ranked     
Default Big Block Cooling

I don't have a lot of hours on mine yet but in a 90 degree day it does not go over 200 degrees at a stop light. Its is a 460 BB just under 500HP. Used a copper brass US Radiator desert cool radiator. 16" spal fan with the spal controller. The controller has a themostat and it starts at 50% fan speed at 160 and goes to full fan speed at 180 degree water temperature. Also have a manual overide switch on the dash for full fan speed. Key is the shrouds for the radiator. Made panels under, top and on sides to ensure all air flow goes thru the radiator. Seems that with the panels temps dropped a few degrees. Posted pic's of the radiator and fan. Don't have panel/shroud pic's. Just took body off and sent to paint.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 351/402 Fi roller everything
Not Ranked     

The radiator was one of the hardest parts of my build. ended up with a fan out of a Thundebird (with schrowd)and a alluminium chevy rad turned sideways from howe. Modified the frame mounts and used Harley oil tank rubber isolator mounts and alluminium plate to mount. pic no. o32
Old 10-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 289 c.i. with a T-5 "Living the Cobra Experience"
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeasleyRB
Would you B&B owners that have successfully gotten past the "engine getting hot while at stop lights" issue take some pictures of your fan and radiator setup? Or, if you already have them on your picture forum direct me to them. What fan did you use and how did you mount it without sticking the plastic ties through the radiator core?
I would like to use the 11 inch twin Spal setup but don't have the room as there is only 23 inches between the frame rails.
If you have pictures of how you ducted air in the front to the radiator I would like to see that to. I know I'm asking a lot but would appreciate the help.

Thanks, Bob
Bob, I don't have a B & B but I have a picture in my gallery of how I ducted air into the radiator. Being in aviation most of my life, I refer to it as the "intake".

Check it out.

See ya,
Randy

"Living the Cobra Experience"
Old 10-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

I don't have any ducting/cowling in front. I have a generic push fan and a copper radiator (supplied by LA Exotics; now called B&B). The big difference for me was to put a bottle of water wetter in the mix. Made a big difference.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Not sure how useful these are, but the first three pics in my gallery show the upper radiator-to-body panel, the Spal fan and shroud in place, and the upper panel in place and removed.

Yesterday, we went from 1,000 ft. - 6,000 ft in 90-degree weather. It went to about 200 degrees at the crest. Great ride, although I could use a mute wife once in a while . Well at least she's cool the rest of time.

Brian
Old 10-03-2007, 01:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

i wish i had a mute wife all the time so i could hear my car!
Old 10-04-2007, 01:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

PM I hope your wife doesn't read this forum or your grounded!
Old 10-04-2007, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

A MAJOR problem with Cobras is there is nothing for the passenger to hang on to on mountain roads. She spreads out like a cat dropping from a second-story window - it is really a sight . I bought her an inside door handle off Ebay. Some serious problems with "period correctness", but I think it will help her overall relationship with the car.

B. (real name withheld).
Old 10-10-2007, 12:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm pritty much grounded all the time since moving to Oahu Hawaii.No Cobra here and every where I look their is WATER.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B, 351 W, TREMEC 600
Not Ranked     

I have the aluminum radiator from B&B. I bought as big a fan as I could fit side to side from Summit. I also bought the universal fan brackets, cut them off a bit and had a welder weld them in place with his TIG set up. Going through the radiator with the plastic mounts is a bad idea. I run a 185 degree thermostat and the oil cooler by pass opens up at 215 degrees. The fan runs in traffic and not on the road. I have not had a problem heating up so far.

Rob

Old 10-25-2007, 01:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

nice-ly done !
Old 10-26-2007, 11:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B , 351W 400+
Not Ranked     

Thanks, Rob. It looks great. I've redone mine including a larger fan and some shrouding. It is doing better. Clois has told me to quit whinning and that it will probably get better as the engine loosens up a bit. Thanks for the picture!
Bob
Old 10-26-2007, 11:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B, 351 W, TREMEC 600
Not Ranked     

Great and good luck.

Rob