Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B
Not Ranked     
Default Seat Mounting

Working on the interior and I am having trouble mounting the seats. Using the B&B seat shells.
Are they mounted perpendicular to the rear bulk head or on an angle?
Do they mount all the back to the bulk head. My seats hit the wheel well on the outer edge and the seat belt mtg. tab on the inside. I need to cut off the seat belt tab to fit them in. Anyone else run in to this?
Can someone post pictures of how the seat sits in the cockpit?
Old 11-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

I can't take pictures right now as the seats are out for some upholstery work. Seats are mounted all the way back. I left just a small space between wheel well/back wall and seat. But the seat will bang up against the wall when you sit in it (flexing).

Yes, they do mount at a slight angle. You will not notice this when driving. It's comfortable.
Yes, it is very tight. I made some simple flatbar brackets welded to the floor at the angle I liked best. I made it lower to the floor than what LAE (B&B) had.

I did not have to move the seatbelt tab.

When mounting the hand brake, mount it at an upward angle so that the off position is up above the passengers seat. Otherwise, you will tear up the seat operating the brake. I made a modified mounting bracket to modify the mounting angle.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B , 351W 400+
Not Ranked     

Yes they are at a slight angle. It is tight but you can probably bolt in your seatbelts with carriage bolts or something that won't damage your seat. My seats are on adjuster rails (Summit) as I need to sit closer to the pedals. They work great for me. I have the passenger seat mounted some square tubing. It might sit too high for tall people but I don't have that problem! I will look and see if I have pictures. I've got them of everything else. Bob
Old 11-06-2007, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Don't have a B&B but if you incline them around 7-8 degrees you will find they they are much more comfortable.

Another idea if you install tracks.....The natural tendency is to align your seat tracks and seat with the outside frame rail or side pipes. However since the transmission tunnel is not parallel to the outside rail, the seat may contact the tunnel during movement. A solution to this is to mount the tracks roughly parallel to the tunnel but mount the seat parallel to the outside frame rail. The seat will always look right but while being moved it will move parallel to tunnel.

Click my website link http://www.legacygarage.com/seats.htm for more pictures.

http://www.legacygarage.com
Old 11-12-2007, 11:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 351/402 Fi roller everything
Not Ranked     

I angled them slightly also and canted them backwards. I had the driver side on a track for two weeks. Then I took the track out to lower the seat height so i would'nt look through the wind screen frame while driving .... ( I'm 6'2").

Last edited by pmfranke; 11-12-2007 at 11:30 AM..
Old 11-12-2007, 02:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

With mine bolted straight to the floor, I'm still looking through the wind screen frame! I just slouch a little.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B
Not Ranked     
Default seat mounting

Thanks for the help. I had to cut off the inside belt tabs since they were 3-1/2" from the tunnel and the seats would not fit. Someone got the dimensions wrong when they welded them on. Bolted the inside belt to the frame. Mounted the drivers seat on a summit slider and the passenger on 1" square steel tubing. Needed to angle them slightly to fit. Used high desity foam only 1" thick for the seat base so comfortable but still sit pretty low.