Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 03-03-2008, 07:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B , 351W 400+
Not Ranked     
Default Fiberglass work on B&B

Larry,
Nice work on fiberglassing in the wheel wells and firewall. Believe me, I know some of the contorted positions you were while doing this.

Larry's Home Page
Old 03-04-2008, 03:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

Thanks, I drove it last weekend to test it and found that I had moved the section behind the seats back too far and I have tire rub when cornering hard to the right. Thats my next little fix to accomplish. By the way, how did you seal your fuel tank to keep the trunk area clean and dry? I'm thinking about shaping a large aluminium panel with weather stripping that screws down so it can be removed.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I went to Larry's site and studied some of his progress, very nice work. I have been enquiring about an LAE for sale and I have a question about the structure of the car. I saw the steel cowl structure, is there any structure behind and around the passenger compartment and in the doors? I wouldn't want to only be protected by fiberglass, even though I know it is a thick body
Old 03-05-2008, 01:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

None at the doors. Front and rear have frame area. What you see here is all the steel.http://lnfletcher.homeip.net/66Cobra/frame.jpg
Old 03-05-2008, 06:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Door beam

I have a B and B and there is a steel beam inside each door. It runs from front to back about 1/4 down from the top. Ron
Old 03-06-2008, 09:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I guess I need to get a magnet and check!
I'm not sure what would secure it on the back side except the fiberglass that the latch is mounted to.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B
Not Ranked     
Default Filling Gaps

Nice job glassing in the gaps. I painted my body off the car and am having had a tough time glassing in the gaps. I think I sealed everything except the cowl to dash. I put a hose on a tube of seam sealer and pumped until it flowed out inside the dash. Does not seem possible to get to this area with the wiring in place.

Regarding the trunk I dropped the gas tank 2" and made a cover to seal things up. Appears water tight. The 2" drop gives you a flat floor in the trunk, level with the bottom of the lid.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That's an idea on the fuel tank. I'm guessing that you have plenty of clearance under the car at the very rear and it doesn't create a strange look from the rear?
Old 03-17-2008, 01:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have to agree with Ron427, there is steel in the door where he said it was. I dont know how much as the door seems pretty light to me. I guess a little is better than none! I believe that if someone gets T-boned in one of these cars, it won't be pretty!
Old 04-06-2008, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

infletcher...

Actually, the safety is the main reson I used the B&B body and frame. I added even more steel in the front and back. B&B has a customer reference that describes getting t-boned by an Explorer! Evidently there was some bruising, but would have driven it away except for the bent wheels. The B&B was by far the safest Cobra I found (except for the West Coast and I didn't like the steroid look).

It's a good coice.

Brian