Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 12-12-2008, 05:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     
Default B&B HCS Daytona Coupe Photos'

The beefy Wilwood six piston disc brakes and the heavy duty front adjustable sway bar and adjustable upper control arms.

This is the proto type body. Since this picture was taken some other developments have been made (door opener button-inner fenders-protected head light buckets)

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 12-12-2008, 05:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Not Ranked     
Default More photos of HCS Daytona Coupe

This is one of the first shots of the new competition frame. Notice the fully protected roll cage built to SCCA specifications. Also, notice the additional protection in the side impact area. Dropped floor for additional driver comfort. Not shown is the diagonal brace that extends behind the driver from the roll cage to the area of the roll bar behind the passenger. The Coupe is designed for Vintage knock off wheels but were not available at the time of this picture. Also, not shown is the quick release steering wheel, dual master cylinders, pedal assembly, brake bias adjuster in the drivers cockpit, and several other features that have been added.

"Let's roll"

Old 12-12-2008, 05:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

In short Bryan Anderson at B&B has attempted to provide all the upgrades that one would want if they were to take a basic Daytona kit and want to go play on the track for a High Speed touring event or some vintage competition. He has done all this without the additional cost to the buyer of purchasing some parts twice or trying to re-engineer their car to be competitive. This is a package that is ready for fun or just cruising with an attitude. By the way you're going to love the finished product . Those pictures to follow soon.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 12-12-2008, 05:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

nice clois

i think you are going the right direction making it useful in scca type events, i think that is where all the other kits fall short.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks,

I think this is going to be something that everyone can enjoy at a price they can afford and enjoy all year long.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 12-12-2008, 06:00 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Did someone put the tie rods upside down? That looks like a bumpsteer monster waiting to happen...
Old 12-12-2008, 06:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No the bumpsteer is near perfect as is the Ackerman but the whole car is on a mobile cart (Jack Stands) and the suspension is relaxed since there is no weight on the front end.

"Let's roll"

Old 12-12-2008, 06:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

Wow! This is pretty darn cool!

Let us know how the body prep turns out (I understand that the doors on a coupe can be a challenge...)

Who is John Galt?
Old 12-12-2008, 06:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

Jay, one thing I have learned about bump steer is to expect the worse from these kits unless you can prove it with the numbers. I don't care if it is a Mustang front end, exact copy of original, BMW or anything else. I personally know that this chassis was built by a race car chassis shop, not a replica company. It was built with attention to suspension geometry first and "will the body fit on the frame" mentality second. Unfortunately that is usually not the case. I would love to see the numbers on this frame as well as the number on the other manufacturers but know one seems to have them.

Clois, the coupe looks fantastic. It is a real treat to see B&B starting with the chassis first instead of the other way around. We will all be watching as this car starts to materialize.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar, 427 Center Oiler
Not Ranked     

Clois, that thing looks awesome. I can't wait to see it. I assume you plan on having yours ready for runngun. Will Brian have one of his own there too, for rides/sale. I know he's tired of watching everyone else drive around the track having fun.

If he does have one, tell him to finish it in Red/White/450+ hp. I think that would make an easier sell to my dad/me.

Mat
Old 12-12-2008, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 66 roadster, Goodyear Billboards
Not Ranked     

Clois:

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your HCS coupe. It looks great! As an owner of a B&B cobra, I can say B&B builds a great car. This new coupe will further expand their visability, specially with those looking for a higher end car from the getgo rather than a series of expensive (and time consuming) upgrades over time.

Keep us posted with on progress.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 148 with 427 SO
Not Ranked     

HMMMMM....I do have a 3 car garage and no wife. very tempting! looks great.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     

Clois:

The Coupe is looking good from the chassie up. What are your plans to get the heat out of the inside in the track version? Also, what is the wheel base? The original Daytonas where on a 90" set up. I really like the cockpit sidewall protection.

What size engines are you planning for this concept? I know with the FFR, space is limited with the big blocks.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

Looking good man it's going to be a blast with you out ther next year,get ready for the Chase!!!!!!!
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 12-12-2008, 07:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Clois, Looks great! It's fun and exciting to work so hard on a new project and see it come together. Isn't it!! Can't wait to see it at Run n Gun. Maybe I should build a Dragon coupe so that we can have some fun!!! Merry Christmas to all. John
Old 12-12-2008, 08:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Brock Coupe
Not Ranked     

Hello Clois....Your new coupe is looking quite good. I like the simplicity and elegance of the chassis, especially the roll cage and side door protection. I must compliment you on the body. From what I can see you've duplicated the form correctly. You are one of the few that has the details correct. A minor point... I'd suggest some small radii in the corners of the side vents. All the Daytonas had slightly different side vents, but yours look right on as originally designed. Looking forward to see the finished car. Best Regards, Peter Brock
Old 12-13-2008, 03:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wow you guys are great! As with anything you get excited about the time line always seems longer. I know everything will come together soon and all at once and that is why I have been trying so hard to get my part done (408 stroker). Thanks go out to so many people that are helping with my engine build (Keith Craft, Lumpy Loughary, Stanley Morton, and possibly Dynatek's weber fuel injection system). These guys are some of the best in the industry and each contribute a valuable part to the overall reliablity and power to the ground.

To answer the design questions I will pass this along to Bryan who has been working feverously to keep his orders of Cobra's and 34 Fords going out the door while spending a great deal of time on the Coupe's and his GT 40 (which is a story in itself). Bryan has been diligent in his attention to detail with the original concept and making the Coupe's worthy of the badge they will carry. The HCS Coupe will be so distinctive that it will be easily recognizable at any venue with it's signature graphic's and attention to detail. Hopefully, Bryan can jump in here and add some other details before to long?

Thanks to everyone again.

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

Old 12-13-2008, 04:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex CSX3327, & AK7113 AutoKraft AC MK IV
Not Ranked     
Default Buils

Clois,
can't wait to see the finished product ,, especially the bottom end of the mill. Jbo
Old 12-13-2008, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Bryan Anderson

well i guess I need to stop working on Clois's car long enough to jump in and say thanks to Clois On this project, this project would never have gotten off the ground without him and his desire to have this hcs model, as well as a street version. To Mat I would like to say I really hope to have one at the run and gun so I can go play It just comes down to time I need to get Clois out first and I have several others that now want to have a coupe for the runa and gun as well as getting My GT 4500 ready as well just not enough hours, but thats for all the kind words that have been posted.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

i think another plus would be the setup to install a ls6/7 motor. an all al motor with 400+ hp from intake to pan to exhaust for $5500 plus great support, supercharger able, tuneability, good oil control in oil pan. some say chevy hurts saleability but i think the ls series of aluminum motors would help. great engine and we're not building fords. just had to throw that out.