Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 01:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Bdr 895

I just wanted to post the pics to my new BDR Cobra. I can't tell you how glad I am to finally be in a position to own one. I have been trolling the websites including Cobra Country for 6-7 years. After all the reading that I have done, I chose to get a BDR. I have had alot of good input from all of the BDR's main dealers and the forum as well. I choose to have it built by Matthew May (Fastlane Performance) for several reasons. I can't express how pleased I have been with my choice of car and builder. Matt has produced one very fine and well sorted out BDR. His workmanship is amazing as well as his communication. He constantly kept me updated throughout the entire process and answered all of my questions, usually within seconds of sending them.

For anyone thinking of buying a Cobra, I don't think you will go wrong with a BDR from any of the dealers, especially Matthew May.

The car is a Monterey Red with Pearl white stripes BDR with Tan interior.
Factory options: Dual roll bar (planning to track occasionally and for extra passenger safety), Driver and passenger heater (completely hidden), Heated seats (to extend the driving season), 3M fender protection, Tremec TKO 600 .82, Quicktime bell housing, 17 inch true knockoffs, raydot passenger and driver mirror, and last but not least Roush 427 SR/TW fully polished.

Personal options: Red/Blue anodized engine fittings, complete stainless hoses, 6061 billet aluminum pull knobs, push button start, LED jet fighter flip switches.

I have had the car for a week and am about at 150 miles. In 102 degree heat, in stop and go 30mph traffic for one hour, the oil temp was 90 (no oil cooler) and temp was rock steady at 100. Performance is life changing.
Matthew May has taken the time to either thread lock the screws or to change out and add extra length to the bolts to double nut lock them to aid in less maintance, the additional buffing and paint prep that he has done is clearly demonstrated in the pic that shows the passenger side door of the car and you can see my reflection in about 3 diff places. The hidding of the heater and heated seat switches as well as his other touches truly helps define the car.

I would like to extend all a big thank you, especially the Tornado Alley Forum, as well as the rest of you who have given me such great input and advice, and I look forward to becoming a true cobra "member".

Kevin
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2010, 01:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Pics part 2

Here is the second part of pictures. I need to make a pic folder to post some larger quality ones
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 289 c.i. with a T-5 "Living the Cobra Experience"
Not Ranked     

Fantastic looking Cobra, congratulations! It appears that Fastlane Performance does some quality work.

Now, bring it on out and show it off a little. A bunch of us hang out at Cruise Night in Claremore. It's on Sunday's at the new Braums on Rt. 66 just a few blocks north of town. It's from 6:00 until dark or whenever, we'll be there tonight.

We also go to the Owasso Cruise Night on Saturdays from 6:00 until dark at the IHOP between 86th. & 96th. street north.

Our group has a number of events planned between now & November, if you'd like to join us, let me know & I'll send you the list of events. The list is mostly cruises, some car shows and a few BBQ's. As a matter of fact, August 21st. we're heading up to Grove for a BBQ at a fellow Cobra owners place & then we'll head into Grove for their cruise night.

There's about 14 in our group, great bunch of folks. In our group we have 6 Cobra's, two 1966 Mustangs, a pro street Challenger, a few street rods and a few older custom trucks. So you see, we have a nice assortment and we have a great time.

You're invited to join us anytime!

"Living the Cobra Experience"
Old 08-08-2010, 02:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft 879, Indigo Blue / Wimbledon White, 428 Cobrajet, TKO 500
Not Ranked     

Congratulations to you!! My BDR is in the process of sorting out and I think I'm getting close. Fantastic detailing job!!

BTW, where did you find the billet knobs for the wipers and headlights? That's a nice touch
Old 08-08-2010, 03:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: James Yale made ready BDR#546 Radical Keith Craft 427 SB Dynoed 618hp
Not Ranked     

You can get nice knobs at walmart. That fit on kitchen drawers
Old 08-08-2010, 04:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #250
Not Ranked     

BDR 879,

I think Jay has them at Vintage....Mac

http://www.vintage-motorsports.com/store/

Last edited by Mac VABCH; 08-08-2010 at 04:34 PM..
Old 08-08-2010, 06:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I can't find the exact website, Matt May would know, but dansperformanceparts have something similar, I think mine were only 11 a piece.

I like the LED jetfighter switches, they light up when on. One is a fan overide and one is and optional switch now, perfect for NOS, but I am not nearly that brave.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Kevin - Glad to hear the you enjoying the Backdraft and all is gone well. I greatly appreciate all the nice things you had to say. I have been a member of the form for a while now but usually just read and not post. You can learn a lot that way and usually stay out of trouble. The knobs can be purchased at Summit Racing. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BSP-26003/ They will need to be drilled out for the heater knobs. The ones at Vintage also look very nice. The Jet Fighter switches can be purchased at http://www.all-neon-car-lights.com/l...et-switch.html You will have to install a relay for the fan switch to make the switch light up properly because the original switch only provides a ground to turn on the fan and the light in the new switch requires positive power to illuminate it. Thanks

http://www.FLPCARS.com
Old 08-09-2010, 08:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BackDraft, Keith Craft 408; 1967 GT500CR
Not Ranked     

Welcome to Cobra and BDR world! You'll never be the same, have fun, enjoy and be careful!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #621, Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     
Default Billett Specialties

drill and tap to fit the thread pitch and you're done. Look much better than the plastic ones.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 Mustang,GT-350 Clone,289cid, T-5z,350 trac-Loc.
Not Ranked     

A stunning Cobra.

Marty.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2008/351W/TOP-LOADER
Not Ranked     

Kevin Looks great! You must have let PATRICKT near your car during assembly! NOW just don't put the pipe wrap with electrical tape on and you'll be just fine! Absolutely stunning! Very Classy. Have fun! Matt
Old 08-10-2010, 04:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Great looking car Kevin. Next time you're out cruzin drop by. I live 1/2 mile east of Midway in East Broken Arrow (just east of Forrest Ridge Golf Course) and 81st Street. I have a couple of projects I am working on plus I can always jump in my Cobra for a cruise (providing I have enough 110 in the car). My ole 427 likes the good stuff mixed with some of the pump gas. Email me and I will send you my phone number or you can just go to the Run N Gun website at www.runngun.net .

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 08-10-2010, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft#357, 392CI Ford Racing, 459hp, 455ft/lbs , TKO 500, 3.43 Gears, Ceramic Coated Headers, Victor Jr. 750cfm, 17in Halibrand wheels, Sterling Gray/Silver Stripes, Gray Leather, Nitto NT05
Not Ranked     

Congrats on a sweet ride. Welcome to the club!
Old 09-18-2010, 01:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ...
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Very Nice, Excellent color choice.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft 879, Indigo Blue / Wimbledon White, 428 Cobrajet, TKO 500
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post
You will have to install a relay for the fan switch to make the switch light up properly because the original switch only provides a ground to turn on the fan and the light in the new switch requires positive power to illuminate it. Thanks
MattM,

Is the relay is required only if you want the switches to light up when the headlights are on? I'm only looking for the switches to light up only when flipped in the "on" position.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The relay is required on the fan switch to get the switch to light up when it is turned on with or without the headlights on. The fan switch originaly only has a ground running to it and provides a ground to the fan relay to turn on the fan. It needs to have a positive (Battery +) runnig to it for the LED or Light in the switch to function. This is why I used the Relay. The switch now has a positive wire and uses this to operate the relay and the relay complets the original circuit for the fan to work and the switch now lights up when it is in the on position. You will not need to do this for the fuel pump switch, only the fan switch. Feel free to send me an email if I can be any more assistance. www.matthew@flpcars.com

Old 11-17-2010, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

BDR879,
Yes you will have to use the Relay on the Fan Switch for it to light up when in the ON position regardless weather the headlights are on or off. The fan switch initially only has a ground running to it and only supplies a ground to the fan relay to turn the fan on. The switches that illuminate will need a positive (+) connection to turn the light in the switch on when the switch is in the on position. I used a relay and fan switch now supplies power to this relay and the switch now illuminates when in the on position. The relay then provides the ground to the fan relay to turn the fan on. The fuel pump switch will not need this to function properly. Hope this helps.

Last edited by MattM; 11-17-2010 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-18-2010, 10:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft BDR 970, Roush 427SR
Not Ranked     

Congrats from a fellow new owner - BDR 970. I should have it in about 8 hours or so. I'm stoked.