Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   What about Vintage Motorsports (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/113704-what-about-vintage-motorsports.html)

65Classic 12-24-2011 09:29 AM

What about Vintage Motorsports

I am the last minute before writing a check for a Backdraft Cobra with a 351w punched to a 427 engine. I like everything about Backdraft and Vintage Motorsports. Is there anything I should know regarding Vintage Motorsports....are they as reputable as they seem?

fordracing65 12-24-2011 02:00 PM

Never heard any complaints on here, and if there were you would definatly know about it, one thing most guys on this site hate to see is somebody getting ripped off when buying anything to do with cars and cobras.

Cashburn 12-24-2011 02:13 PM

Merry Christmas Tim!

blykins 12-24-2011 02:28 PM

I can say that I've never seen a bad thing written about Vintage Motorsports. I have also dealt with Jay on business deals and I would personally have no problem with writing him a big fat check for a Cobra.

What a great X-mas present...

mreid 12-24-2011 03:18 PM

Jay and the gang are stand up guys. I've had the pleasure of knowing him and he did some work on my coupe when I lived in CT. I wouldn't think twice about writing a check to Jay. Not only a great business, but a great bunch of people.

Got the Bug 12-24-2011 04:00 PM

From what I've read over the years, Jay has a lot of satisfied customers. He's always here to answer questions.

Pull the trigger and get ready for some fun!

RodKnock 12-24-2011 04:41 PM

The only bad thing about Jay is that he lives in CT. :LOL:

Buy from Jay. No worries. ;)

snowgoer 12-24-2011 06:10 PM

I wrote a check to Jay and have had nothing but fun since. You have no worries dealing with him

emm427 12-24-2011 06:13 PM

Bought my Backdraft used from a private party. The car needed a little work done and Jay treated me like I had purchased it from Vintage Motorsports new. Look forward to continuing my future Cobra needs with Jay. real stand up guy. Represent everything Vintage is about. No worries and enjoy!!!!!

madmaxx 12-24-2011 06:35 PM

I would have no reservations dealing with Vintage motorsports!!!!!

kayakjack 12-24-2011 06:41 PM

I have never done business with Jay or Vintage (I own a Superformance), but speaking as a participant on this forum -- people have expressed nothing but positive things. If I were to buy a Backdraft (hey, I love my Superformance), I would buy from them in a minute. Enjoy your car when you get it!!

Jay does a great job of representing the brand.

Jack

65Classic 12-24-2011 07:21 PM

I want to say Thank-you! I am new to the Cobra world and this website. I asked if Vintage Motorsports is as good as they seem. And if Jay is a honest person to work with. It is the first time have have purchased a car through the internet.

I got 10 answers back from people and it really reassured me that my decision to buy my new Backdraft is the right decision. I will in turn help other people in the future that post to this Forum if I can. I appreciate your honest and candid replies.

Merry Christmas!

FIA-ERA 12-24-2011 07:25 PM

Hey, little late but Jay is a stand up guy! He even answered questions and helped me out and I don't even own a Backdraft! Congrats on the purchase and post some pics of the new ride!! Regards, Matt

BBQCYCLEWERKES 12-25-2011 07:17 AM

Jay is great to work with. I broke my clutch slave cylinder and called Jay. Had a new one shipped to me in 3 days. I didn't purchase my Backdraft from him, yet he treated me as though I did. I have no reservations about calling and doing business with Jay again. A real asset to this forum.

SJK2 12-25-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 1167116)
The only bad thing about Jay is that he lives in CT. :LOL:

Buy from Jay. No worries. ;)

No that's the best thing about Jay & Brian at Vintage for us folks..........:):):)

Bob In Ct 12-25-2011 08:02 AM

Both Jay and Brian have always done fine by me. I didn't even own a Backdraft but they were always very helpful resolving any issues I had with my SPF. Had they been a Superformance dealer I would still have my car.

If I were in the market for a Cobra now I would not hesitate to buy my car at Vintage.

Bob

Cashburn 12-26-2011 08:00 AM

That keeps our spirits up as we work on this Monday it seems no one else is ;)

1985 CCX 12-26-2011 08:22 AM

I can only say Great shop, Great crew, Great ownership and very helpful with needs after the fact.

They lent me an engine stand, which I need to return, without blinking and eye and help with my Weber needs. Their shop is also what a shop should look like clean and orderly.

Cashburn 12-26-2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985 CCX (Post 1167318)
I can only say Great shop, Great crew, Great ownership and very helpful with needs after the fact.

They lent me an engine stand, which I need to return, without blinking and eye and help with my Weber needs. Their shop is also what a shop should look like clean and orderly.

You should see the new place. I don't know what engine stand. Is it just a black stand for shipping? You are welcome to keep it as long as you need it.

RangerMac 12-26-2011 09:24 AM

My backdraft was delivered a year ago and I have bugged Jay and Brian ever since. Great people to work with. I am having some work done this winter at Vintage and I live in PA.