Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-18-2014, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #949, 392 FMS
Not Ranked     
Default Engine Bay Pics

I thought it would get easier, but seems the closer I get to making the dream a reality, the harder it is to pull the trigger. Had pretty much decided on a Unique, but still am drawn to the BDR. Can you post pics of your engine bay, as I'm a little concerned that the bay isn't painted to match the car and want to see how it looks on a few cars. Also, if any owners would like to show their car in the South Georgia/East Alabama/Atlanta area, pm me.
Thanks
Old 08-18-2014, 07:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR, 302
Not Ranked     
Default Engine Compartment

Here ya go.

It's difficult to see the rest of the engine bay. I've always liked the stainless steel panels.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:11 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

You can order the engine bay anyway you want.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:22 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Old 08-18-2014, 07:24 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Are those pics recent? If so, congrats on keeping that so clean!
Old 08-18-2014, 07:41 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

That was last year but it still looks just as clean. It's a very photogenic engine bay! It's still my favorite car that you guys built, not just the engine bay, but everything about the car. Perfect amount of finishes on each part.

Last edited by itstock; 08-19-2014 at 05:00 AM..
Old 08-19-2014, 04:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Should have clarified, I was wanting to see how the stainless rivets without the paint to match the body looked versus a bay that was painted to match the car.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:57 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
Should have clarified, I was wanting to see how the stainless rivets without the paint to match the body looked versus a bay that was painted to match the car.
I have only ever seen them in white or black. IMO, the black looks better for doing lots of driving, but the white sure makes things look clean. But as the good builder says, if you want the bay painted the body color, I'm sure that can be arranged.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #888, Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstock View Post
I have only ever seen them in white or black. IMO, the black looks better for doing lots of driving, but the white sure makes things look clean. But as the good builder says, if you want the bay painted the body color, I'm sure that can be arranged.
Mine is Steel Grey which matches the Steel Grey exterior.....

Kevin.....

Last edited by Grey 65; 08-19-2014 at 02:54 PM..
Old 08-19-2014, 09:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft RT3 #1133, Ford Racing 306
Not Ranked     

You can see my car's motor and transmission installation details on the Vintage website. One of the reasons that I bought my Backdraft from VMS was because I thought Brian's eye for the way a "Cobra" engine should look was very much in line with my own. Quite frankly, I think that my car looks better under the hood than the rest of the car which isn't too bad looking in itself. But, the rest of the car could definitely look better, but I really don't think that the engine could look any better.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Grey 65, that's what I wanted to see, if the bay could be painted to match the color of the car. Didn't want to open the hood and see the inside bay a different color than the exterior. Love the color, as it is a combo I love along with a bright red...although the more I look, the more color combos I see that I never thought about. Never considered white until I saw the Pepper white VMS did a year or so ago!

Kobura, love to hear that about VMS, as I have talked to Jay a few times about different used BDRs and he has always been straight forward in answering all the "stupid" questions I have.

I thought it was supposed to get easier the closer I got, but it seems to get tougher as you want to get exactly what you dreamed of...of course, all of that on a budget!
Old 08-20-2014, 06:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #888, Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     

Glad I could help CSW... Just get with Jay, he can get your engine compartment painted to match for you as he is the face of Backdraft.... ;-)

I personally think that when they increased the price they should have started paint matching the engine compartment. But I like them white too as it makes my car special...
Kevin.....

Last edited by Grey 65; 08-20-2014 at 06:31 AM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: