Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2015, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default BDR #904 New to me !

Pulled the trigger on this monster. She arrives tomorrow. Looking forward to spending some time behind the wheel. Wonder if anyone has any history they can share on this build.
Attached Images

mln385 likes this.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BD 1445 Coyote TKO 600 3.91
Not Ranked     

Very Nice!!

Give us some specs~!!

Congrats! enjoy!
Old 08-14-2015, 06:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #997, Roush 427SR+TW
Not Ranked     

Really nice! Be safe and enjoy!
Old 08-14-2015, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks guys. Standard Roush 427R under the hood. Ceramic coated pipes, power steering etc. Decent build I'd say.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

If this is your first Cobra then some words of advice. Be careful, get to know it before you start pushing it. They can be dangerous and get sideways very quick
jhv48, eunosracr and BADSN8K like this.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #91 with 345 HP 302
Not Ranked     

Very nice! I emailed Reg at Backdraft Racing and he actually sent me back some pics of it being painted! And my car was built in 2003! Everyone has been very helpful...dealer network seems solid and eager to help even on my used Cobra with 4,700 miles.
eunosracr likes this.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

came across this....appears it was shot in 2012

https://youtu.be/kz_vlHiJQRc?list=PL...0wHhtfcZLbbU_3
eunosracr likes this.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This is my first Cobra so yes I plan to be very careful with it. I am only 36 years old and have had a few high horsepower cars in my day but nothing like this. I plan to take things very very slow. Nothing that I have ever driven has the power to weight ratio of this monster. It really is a bit intimidating.
Old 08-15-2015, 03:38 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Is this the one from RK Motorsports in Charlotte and yep, there's another BDR in Charlotte ��
eunosracr likes this.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivamilano View Post
Is this the one from RK Motorsports in Charlotte and yep, there's another BDR in Charlotte ��
Yep from RK !
Old 09-03-2015, 04:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So what do you think? Big fun, eh?
Old 09-04-2015, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester67 View Post
So what do you think? Big fun, eh?
Big fun but man where you guys right that this thing will bite you in the ass if you don't respect it. I am still having a hard time and somewhat afraid that it will leave me stranded. I think I have read too much of the forums and filled my head with stories about MSDs gone bad, starter heat soak and what not. How did everyone get over the "I hope this thing does not leave me stranded fear"?

Luckily Backdraft is 45 minutes away from me and the car is there now getting a few updates to it such as steel brake lines, upgraded radiator etc. Can't wait to get it back next week just in time for roadster season.

Oh and the attention this thing gets is just absurd. Lambos and Mclarens are very common in Miami and get their feelings hurt when the Cobra pulls up next to them.

Last edited by eunosracr; 09-04-2015 at 11:17 AM..
Old 09-05-2015, 12:49 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

If it breaks down, it breaks down. Who cares, no shame in it so drive it and enjoy, and when the time comes to call friends to tow it out, that's what you do. That's what is great about having the option of multiple cars. If it's down for a week to troubleshoot, it's not the end of the world. The chances of you getting stranded are extremely slim if you drive if it on limited occasions so it's really nothing to think about anyway. If you drive it often, sooner or later you will get "stranded", so if friends are out of touch, you call a flat bed.

Really though, don't think too much in to anything and just enjoy the car. They are simple once you get down to the nuts and bolts of it (and even the wiring). Don't try to do burnouts on roads and don't gas it around turns. If you follow those simple instructions, you can avoid how 99% (made up stat but probably pretty accurate) of the accidents in these cars occur. Congrats on the ride!
eunosracr likes this.

Last edited by itstock; 09-05-2015 at 12:57 PM..
Old 09-06-2015, 03:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstock View Post
If it breaks down, it breaks down. Who cares, no shame in it so drive it and enjoy, and when the time comes to call friends to tow it out, that's what you do. That's what is great about having the option of multiple cars. If it's down for a week to troubleshoot, it's not the end of the world. The chances of you getting stranded are extremely slim if you drive if it on limited occasions so it's really nothing to think about anyway. If you drive it often, sooner or later you will get "stranded", so if friends are out of touch, you call a flat bed.

Really though, don't think too much in to anything and just enjoy the car. They are simple once you get down to the nuts and bolts of it (and even the wiring). Don't try to do burnouts on roads and don't gas it around turns. If you follow those simple instructions, you can avoid how 99% (made up stat but probably pretty accurate) of the accidents in these cars occur. Congrats on the ride!
Thank you Sir ! Excellent point on the limited use of the car leading to fewer "left me stranded" events. The fact that the car will be used 3-4 times per month does limit the amount of times one could potentially be left stranded.

Last edited by eunosracr; 09-06-2015 at 04:00 AM..
Old 09-06-2015, 11:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I drive mine as often as I can-- which is not often enough (can we get the Florida rains to stop already??).

As far as the 2-rules couldn't agree more. Only broke the acceleration on turn rule once (wasn't thinking about it) and almost spun into on coming traffic.

Respect is an understatement.
eunosracr likes this.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I drive mine as often as I can-- which is not often enough (can we get the Florida rains to stop already??).

As far as the 2-rules couldn't agree more. Only broke the acceleration on turn rule once (wasn't thinking about it) and almost spun into on coming traffic.

Respect is an understatement.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mine had 4,700 miles on it when I got it. By 4,900 miles, the slave cylinder gave out...been sitting too long. But heck yes, I would do it all over again! Took a morning to swap it out, and most of that time was consumed getting a low profile jack that would fit under the car! Buddy of mine had just bought a 4 speed 73 Vette that week...he stopped in and helped, and we took our wives out for a late mexican lunch...two man car show. Everyone stopped by to look at the cars in the parking lot. These cars are dead simple to fix...don't worry about it! Enjoy it!
eunosracr likes this.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the reassuring words guys. Just like anything else most of the times we worry about things that we have little control over. I'm just going to drive the hell out of the car and enjoy it as much as possible. If and when it breaks I will worry about it at that time. Have a fantastic labor day ! Happy (and safe) motoring.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's only money and them Benjamin's don't have any handles!
eunosracr likes this.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Funny how now that you have been driving it a bit you are already starting to scheme about injecting a little more horsepower, eh? It is never enough. As you get comfortable with the way it handles, you always want more. Fear not…this is normal!
eunosracr likes this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: