Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2016, 09:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1867 , KC427
Not Ranked     
Default Vintage's Widowmaker #1

Looks interesting. Does anyone want to take a guess on what this is about? Jay and the gang have already created some intense supercharged coyote builds so I am curious of what it takes to be classified as a Widowmaker.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-k66PCzwCc&feature=share[/ame]
Old 07-14-2016, 09:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

supercharged with NOS tank ?
Old 07-14-2016, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I have seen Vintage turnout the modified N/A Coyotes, Twin Screw Coyotes and now they seem to be using the FItech FI on their pushrod platforms while making it a very inexpensive upgrade over a carb. From reading about Jay's dislike for big blocks in these cars I would have to say they are getting wilder on the Coyote or Windsor side. Maybe the heavens have parted and he has a whipple or TVS on Windsor setup! I blown Windsor would be the cats meow.....it would be too much power but it would let you have the nice old school sound and keep your small block. I do not like the Vortech and Turbo way of forced induction in these cars. The Paxton/Vortech sounds like a train the whole time its running and the turbos muffle everything.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
I have seen Vintage turnout the modified N/A Coyotes, Twin Screw Coyotes and now they seem to be using the FItech FI on their pushrod platforms while making it a very inexpensive upgrade over a carb. From reading about Jay's dislike for big blocks in these cars I would have to say they are getting wilder on the Coyote or Windsor side. Maybe the heavens have parted and he has a whipple or TVS on Windsor setup! I blown Windsor would be the cats meow.....it would be too much power but it would let you have the nice old school sound and keep your small block. I do not like the Vortech and Turbo way of forced induction in these cars. The Paxton/Vortech sounds like a train the whole time its running and the turbos muffle everything.
If the Fitech is self learning it's not an upgrade by any means.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:17 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
I think very few of us around here are capable of learning anything....
Old 07-14-2016, 10:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Old 07-14-2016, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
Fitech appears to offer self learning and also a way to tune the system via software. I have zero experience with them but I have found many positive threads and reviews from customers with what seems to be a wide variety of builds and camshaft profiles. Since Jay seems to have used the Fitech product or has used the Fitech product I bet he could elaborate. My assumption is that the stuff works but tuning it yourself makes it better and should be part of the plan.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

I've had/seen a lot of good results from self-learning EFI systems. Have done two FAST EZ systems as of late, one a throttle body, one an 8-stack. Customers are very happy with them.

Got another buddy that installed the MSD setup on a Chebby....guy loves it.

fordracing65 is against them because he's got a buddy that owns a shop that apparently doesn't like them. But.....that's a sample of one opinion. I'm all for them and have used them myself.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by blykins View Post
I've had/seen a lot of good results from self-learning EFI systems. Have done two FAST EZ systems as of late, one a throttle body, one an 8-stack. Customers are very happy with them.

Got another buddy that installed the MSD setup on a Chebby....guy loves it.

fordracing65 is against them because he's got a buddy that owns a shop that apparently doesn't like them. But.....that's a sample of one opinion. I'm all for them and have used them myself.
Got about 50 buddies who do not like them. As well as countless threads in here of members who have tried them and are not fans. Just our opinions.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Obviously a fully tunable system would be the best scenario, but the truth of the matter is that there's not that many guys out there who are slick enough to plug in a laptop and tune by themselves.

The FAST EZ throttle body system that I did was on a 408W going into an early Ford pickup that served as a tow vehicle. Excellent results.

The 8-stack EZ setup went into a FFR Coupe with a 347 SBF. Again, excellent results and the engine performs flawlessly with it.