Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By jimbo01
  • 1 Post By spdbrake

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2016, 10:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Proud owner of Backdraft #1609
Not Ranked     
Default Fuel Injection

Vintage Motorsports now offers specific motors with EFI(427cid). What do you guys think of this? Does anyone have a fuel injected motor that they share their experience? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-02-2016, 10:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Efi is the way to go if it's a stand alone system. I don't like the self learning systems but others on here do. If it's a small block the self learning seems fine to a point. Big blocks with big cams sometime suffer.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #832
Not Ranked     

I have a fast fuel injection installed on a 427. The o2 sensor was installed in the pipe per the location Backdraft provides. The engine ran rich all the time. I relocate the sensor to the header and now the engine runs as it should. I discussed this issue with fast fuel and 8 stack people. All I could find out is that the sensor is so far from the head it does not work. I did not have to reprogram the system. Just moved the sensor and the engine performed perfectly.
BDR0572 and Zeke like this.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just got off the phone with Brian in the service dept @ Vintage and they're still using the FiTech and its working fine. He did give me some valuable insight to the parameters and tables (FiTech gives you 5 pages of customization areas). I also asked if canned downloadable tunes would be a possibility in the future but since all the engines out in the world have so may built in variables that's not going to happen.
(I'm used to Mod motor world where they can email them to you)
I am also relieved the Super Victor intake I was pondering changing is not an issue as he's used that setup few times already with success. Their 427 typ run around 8" vac and it works fine. Mine had me worried since I am @ 9" at idle.

I think you'll gonna love it Zeke no matter which system you choose.
Zeke likes this.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Cobra RT3, Roush 427R Crate Engine, Tremec 6-Speed Transmission
Not Ranked     

I have a 2014 Backdraft R3 with a Roush 427R. I had no problem with Arizona inspection and registration with the aspirated carburetor. My registration is $30.00 per year as a vintage vehicle. The inspector told me that a Cobra (new or not) that is not equipped with carburetors will not qualify for vintage registration. Regular registration in Arizona is subject to registration costs based on the price of the vehicle and would certainly exceed $500.00 per year. Hefty price to pay for FI and maybe more when the insurance bill rolls in. Might be the inspector was incorrect or it might be that Arizona registration is unique with this constraint. Phil.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHMCobra View Post
I have a 2014 Backdraft R3 with a Roush 427R. I had no problem with Arizona inspection and registration with the aspirated carburetor. My registration is $30.00 per year as a vintage vehicle. The inspector told me that a Cobra (new or not) that is not equipped with carburetors will not qualify for vintage registration. Regular registration in Arizona is subject to registration costs based on the price of the vehicle and would certainly exceed $500.00 per year. Hefty price to pay for FI and maybe more when the insurance bill rolls in. Might be the inspector was incorrect or it might be that Arizona registration is unique with this constraint. Phil.
Wrong. My spf was efi and I had historical plates registered as a 1965.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Two more FiTech equipped cars are posted on youtube by Vintage Motorsports.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAD3JPjUhKc[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QCdNsj-r9A[/ame]