Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 1SwtRide
  • 1 Post By AGGIEPILOT

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2019, 03:49 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Naples Motorsports Backdraft

Hey all,

I have been kicking around the idea of buying a Backdraft from Naples Motorsports, has anyone on here recently purchased one from them? I am currently eyeing one they have in stock. If any one has any comments/experiences with them and their cars I’d love to hear. Thanks!
Old 02-27-2019, 07:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VMS BDR - 5.0 Aluminator - Whipplecharged
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGGIEPILOT View Post
Hey all,

I have been kicking around the idea of buying a Backdraft from Naples Motorsports, has anyone on here recently purchased one from them? I am currently eyeing one they have in stock. If any one has any comments/experiences with them and their cars I’d love to hear. Thanks!
Congrats on embarking on a really fun adventure. I was in your seat a year or two ago. I haven't dealt directly with Naples Motorsports, but I did consider them when I started looking. They have some good videos. Because this was a huge decision and undertaking, I broadened my search and came across Vintage Motorsports. Jay and Brian Linke are the shop owners. Jay is Cashburn here on ClubCobra. What convinced me to go with VMS was their attention to detail in helping to create exactly what I wanted. Here's my build thread - Let me introduce BDR 1591 aka VMS Mayhem

All this to say, I highly recommend you check out VMS (Welcome to VINTAGE Motorsports) as your mulling over options. Give Jay a call and he'll walk through what they have in stock, and what they can do for you if you decide to personalize your Backdraft.

Good luck and I look forward joining you on your journey.

lakercobra likes this.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:40 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the info. I have definitely considered Vintage as well, I have only seen good things about them. If I choose to have it built to my exact sepecifications I would more than likely go with them.
1SwtRide likes this.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #888, Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     

Naples gets their cars from Boyton Beach compete as I understand it. i.e. they just sell them.

Vintage gets the rolling chassis from Boyton Beach and installs their own drivetrains and they tweak things a bit to make the rolling chassis they receive better...

You will not get a true picture of things on an open forum.

It isn't how fast your car can go
It is how fast your car can change direction

Home of Fake Snake Racing
Old 02-28-2019, 04:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #997, Roush 427SR+TW
Not Ranked     

Agreed-- I believe Naples is just a "Reseller". Any issues, you have to back to Backdraft in Boyton. You can search peoples experiences there on this forum. My car was built by VMS and even though I was not the original purchaser Jay has been immensely helpful on numerous occasions.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR354/FMS392
Not Ranked     

If I were you I would only look to purchase from Vintage Motorsports. I did not purchase mine from Jay but I sure wish I would have. He has always taken time to answer my emails even though I never purchase my BDR from him. Some day I will sell my BDR that I have now had for 13 years and when I do it will be Jay that I call for the next one.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing #1644
Not Ranked     

There are some good Backdraft dealers (one reputable reseller is 10 miles from my house), but I chose Vintage Motorsports for all of the reasons noted above. I have put 2000 miles on my car in 2 years (BDR 1644) it's built strong, and it's built to last! One call to Jay will tell you why they are successful with the product.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1950, Roush 402R, TKO600
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey 65 View Post
Naples gets their cars from Boyton Beach compete as I understand it. i.e. they just sell them.

Vintage gets the rolling chassis from Boyton Beach and installs their own drivetrains and they tweak things a bit to make the rolling chassis they receive better...

You will not get a true picture of things on an open forum.
How can a Replica Manufacturer sell complete cars? My understanding is that is illegal? Currently under US law they must be "rollers" not complete with engine and trans.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UCC GT 427
Not Ranked     

I’m sure it’s the same arrangement when I bought mine from Backdraft. When the car is purchased there are 2 invoices, one from Backdraft for the roller, and the other from the engine builder/ installer.

Last edited by RUFdriver; 03-01-2019 at 09:41 AM..
Old 03-01-2019, 12:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1950, Roush 402R, TKO600
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFdriver View Post
I’m sure it’s the same arrangement when I bought mine from Backdraft. When the car is purchased there are 2 invoices, one from Backdraft for the roller, and the other from the engine builder/ installer.
My understanding is, when a Dealer sells a roller and also does the install or sells the powertrain it is no longer a "self build" vehicle and becomes a "motor vehicle" and thus is subject to all FMVSS/EPA regulations.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #90, 351w,Tremec 3550, SB100 SOLD
Not Ranked     

Often times a second named company is present to provide an invoice for the install under this different name.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UCC GT 427
Not Ranked     

Yes it’s a different company that actually does the install.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 manowar forged crank roller rockers . BIG CAM.
Not Ranked     

What I would like to know is if anyone knows what is the stock ride height for a 17" rim car 255 40 front and 315 35 rear
Old 03-14-2019, 02:25 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft-build#1532
Not Ranked     

I bought my backdraft #1532 from naples, they have always been there to answer any questions I have with the car also they call me once and a while to see if I have any questions or issues with my car. my experience with was great.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: