Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2003, 09:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't own one yet
Not Ranked     
Default How many Cobras has BDR made?

How many?

And is there anyone local (Tulsa, OK) that will let me check out your BDR. BDR is at the top of my list, just waiting for the father-in-law to kick the bucket!

Thank you.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of BDR 127......
Not Ranked     

Mattr

If you go to their website and check project builds, go to the last page and that will tell you how many chassis ahve been sold or in production. I think they are about at 125 and growing fast.

I just recently put my deposit down and hope to have a car, engine and all, by the end of January.

As for the Ok question, I am in So Cal, so I can't help you there. You can either call their closest dealer to you and ask this question, or call Reg Dodd himself. Reg should be able to point you in the right direction.

Best of luck deciding and happy hunting,

- Snak Iyz

PS - Happy to answer any questions you may have as well.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #65 392 tremec
Not Ranked     
Default backdraft near tulsa

I am in Fort Smith Arkansas (about 100 miles from you) and should have a backdraft in about 2 weeks, you are welcome to come take a look at at as soon as its here if you like. It should be about 1 Dec when it arrives???????
BUddie
Old 11-19-2003, 06:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey bullseyeprec,
Did you order it new or previously owned? From Hi-Per Rods or induvidual?

Please e-mail me when you get it in. I'd love to drive down there and see it. Can you give me details on the build/color/engine/options/cost/hidden costs.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 11-19-2003, 06:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #42, 425HP 347 - NASA TX, CMC #55 Mustang Road Racer - Legends 37' Chevy Coupe #43 Oval Racer - Honda CRF450R(I'm afraid to race it), 95' Black Lighting Daily Scooter
Not Ranked     

Hi Matt: I've got a demo here in Ft. Worth. Contact me if you'ld like to come down and drive it.

Boudy
Old 11-19-2003, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm in D.C and got my car pretty quick. I'm just having problems getting anything else from backraft, like my top and heater that I paid for when I ordered the car. Got the car in june and still waiting on my top and heater. Its seems to me once they have your money they are quick to forget about you. My hood has also warped and bubbled so I'm waiting for them to address this issue as well. Other than that the car is a lot of fun.

Last edited by Fletch189; 11-19-2003 at 08:18 AM..
Old 11-19-2003, 08:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Boudy, ever heard of "Rolling Thunder"? Appearently an "independant" builder in Baco Raton using BDR frame/body.

Ernie
Old 11-19-2003, 09:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Fletch, I found the cause of your warped hood!

Old 11-19-2003, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Those feather weights, warp a hood? not a one of them is over a buck 5.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dear God.. thanks for the pic.. damn it's great have one of these cars while I'm still young enough to get catholic school girls..

PS the one all the way on the right will beat 105, but in the right places so I'm not complaining... lol
Old 11-19-2003, 02:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by tritoncobra

PS the one all the way on the right will beat 105, but in the right places so I'm not complaining... lol
You mean the one with the unibrow?

Sorry lets get back to the topic.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What can I say, I'm putting the Cobra to work
Old 11-19-2003, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #42, 425HP 347 - NASA TX, CMC #55 Mustang Road Racer - Legends 37' Chevy Coupe #43 Oval Racer - Honda CRF450R(I'm afraid to race it), 95' Black Lighting Daily Scooter
Not Ranked     

Fletch189: Sorry to hear about your top and heater. Unless you're waiting on a hard top, which is just into the production phase recently, there is no shortage of tops or heaters. I suggest that a call to Reg should fix this. NOT an email, a phone call. He doesn't read this forum often but he answers his phone fairly consistantly.

We are very busy and don't claim otherwise. However, we're busy serving you guys, not ducking you.

Email me if you need his number or any other assistance.

Boudy
Old 11-19-2003, 07:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ernie: Rolling Thunder is no longer selling our cars under another name. There was an issue of them selling into our territories so Reg no longer sells them cars.

Boudy
Old 11-19-2003, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #65 392 tremec
Not Ranked     

Matt, I got it new from anthem motors in phoenix. they have a website with alll the details. No hidden costs really. I bought the roller for 26K added a tremec and 392 stroker, I think that package was about 13K, oil cooler, fire extinguisher, and original style shifter was another 1K, umm ceramic coating the headers was 400.00 that was about it. Worked out to a shade over 40K No hidden charges. Anthem motors hooked me up with free shipping too. I should have the car in about 2 weeks if all goes well. I am really excited about it! Come to ft smith and check it out!!!! I looked the net over and BDR seemed to be the best option for me. Buddie