Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2004, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #101, 342 stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Backdraft headers

I know this company is evolving, but I was a little surprised when I unwrapped my headers and they weren't stainless. I was under the impression that the headers as well as the sidepipes were stainless. Did they make a change? I have build #101. Another problem I see is that one of my headers is arched instead of flat at the manifold. If I rest it on a flat surface, I could rock it like a rocking chair. Is this common? Hard to fix? or need replacing? I don't want to just bolt it on and torque down on the bolts to flatten it, I have aluminum heads that I fear will not like the bolts being tightened that way.

Any feedback from Regg or Boudy would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S.
I would also like to ask about a wiring diagram. My car came with minimal paperwork/instructions/manuals. Since I am installing the drivetrain myself, it would be helpful to have more info. Is there a manual I should have gotten? Is there a electronic manual available via e-mail?
Old 01-27-2004, 07:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft # 91, Black w/White stripes and Red Rookie's, 302 w/AFR 185's.
Not Ranked     

I don't know of anyone using stainless headers. Your best bet is to have them Jet Hotted. I've had this done on 3 Cobras...they guarantee no blueing or flaking. Also be sure to anchor the headers to your heads before you slide on the side-pipes. This will keep a good seal against the heads. Should use the Earls brand header gaskets. Part aluminum, part graphite....these will seal tight and keep your header bolts tight....good luck. By the way...ask for Tod at Jet Hot and get the Sterling finish.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #42, 425HP 347 - NASA TX, CMC #55 Mustang Road Racer - Legends 37' Chevy Coupe #43 Oval Racer - Honda CRF450R(I'm afraid to race it), 95' Black Lighting Daily Scooter
Not Ranked     

I'll email you a manual in the morning.

I haven't seen this on the headers. Or I haven't noticed it anyway. Call Frank at the main Backdraft number tomorrow. He'll tell you what's up with the rocker headers.

The very early headers were stainless and they were changed to mild steal about a year and a half ago.

Rogers is correct, go with ceramic.

Boudy
Old 01-27-2004, 08:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, 302, Tremec 3550. #038
Not Ranked     

Hey Boudy could you include me in on that e-mail with the manual? I'm sure sometime in the future it will come in handy.
Thanks
Trueoo7@aol.com
Old 01-27-2004, 08:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #65 392 tremec
Not Ranked     

I kinda expected Stainless headers too from reading the ad but if you read close it says stainles steel sidepipes and STEEL headers. I had mine jet coated. Looks good. They do turn a little yellow with heat but it beats the blue you get with chrome plating.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #42, 425HP 347 - NASA TX, CMC #55 Mustang Road Racer - Legends 37' Chevy Coupe #43 Oval Racer - Honda CRF450R(I'm afraid to race it), 95' Black Lighting Daily Scooter
Not Ranked     

tfarhood: I need your email. There is not button to email you on your posts.

Trueoo7: It's gone.

Boudy
Old 01-28-2004, 10:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2682, Roush 427
Not Ranked     

Hey Boudy,

I need a manual also, I'm tired of tracing wires...

Thanks,

Chet
cschwer@charter.net
Old 01-28-2004, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4100-Shelby 75th Anniversary Edition
Send a message via AIM to Cobra75
Not Ranked     

I have an old brochure (from Carlisle?) when SS headers & sidepipes were standard equipment.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: sold BDR #123 351w, Tko 17" full polished wheels
Not Ranked     

Boudy,
I also would like a manual emailed to me. I have #123 on order{and should be in soon }

Thanks,

David

dschwartz@jlc.gccoxmail.com