Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2004, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #42, 425HP 347 - NASA TX, CMC #55 Mustang Road Racer - Legends 37' Chevy Coupe #43 Oval Racer - Honda CRF450R(I'm afraid to race it), 95' Black Lighting Daily Scooter
Not Ranked     
Default Where the Hell is Boudy?

Hello fellow BDR owners and BDR gonna-buys. It is with a heavy heart that I must resign as the Texas dealer for Backdraft.

As most of you know, I left my career early this year to join in with a partner and open Victory Classic Motors. It was an awesome showroom with Cobras wall to wall. A dream come true indeed. Well within 90 days of opening, my investor felt it best to liquidate and close the doors.

This left me scambling for an income. I am now working for myself in my origional career field and hope to recover from such a financial disaster in a few short years.

Thank you all for your support during this time in my life. I am now traveling full time and only make it home once a month or so for a weekend. It's for this reason that I have to resign. Since I am not in town, I can't provide the level of service that you guys deserve and using a 3rd party to do my installs has really made problems worse.

I am proud to have been associated with Backdraft Racing and you guys as owners and gonna-buys. It's been fun, hell, exciting, depressing, fast, slow, fruitful, and disasterous. LORD KNOWS THAT I HOPE FOR THE CHANCE TO DO IT ALL AGAIN!!!

I will continue to own a BDR as I am absolutly certain that it is the finest car on the market at it's price point. In fact, the first thing I'm doing when I get back on my feet is ordering a new one.

This forum will, in the near future, be renamed but it won't go away. It's a great place to discuss the cars. I also won't actually go away either. As I am so busy, I don't have the time to man the forum. I'll drop in an visit sometimes, but if anyone has a question for me directly, you'll have to email me. And I mean anyone, at anytime is always welcome to email me. I'd be glad to help in any way possible.

RobertBoudreaux@Hotmail.com My old email associated with VCMotors is no longer functional.

Purchase inquiries can be made directly to Reg in Fla. As always, he will be glad to take car of you.

Thanks,

Boudy

Last edited by Boudy; 11-05-2004 at 07:18 PM..
Old 11-05-2004, 09:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Wow - what a rollercoaster ride. Sorry to hear of your troubles, but it's great to see that you've kept your positive outlook. All the best in the future !
Old 11-06-2004, 03:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Hey drop over and see us...

We'll have a few beers and forget all about it..

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 11-06-2004, 05:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Unhappy Good luck, my friend!!

Boudy,
I was glad to see this post, and I wish you the best of luck in all future endeavors.
You know who your true friends are, so keep in touch when you can, and please try and schedule a couple of days off just to clear your mind, say sometime around mid-March !!
Your friend,
John Russell
Old 11-06-2004, 07:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1374 with 392 RDI Stroker
Not Ranked     

Robert, Best of luck in your future endeavors. Don't be a stranger around the Cobra world.
Mark & Wendy Hall
Houston, TX
Old 11-06-2004, 07:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Venom 351W
Not Ranked     

Boudy,

Thanks for monitoring this forum and giving the solutions to many problems that new Backdraft owners were experiencing around the country. Many of these were not your direct customers, but had purchased a Backdraft from another dealer. You deserve credit for a job well done. Reg should be grateful.

For me, you have been very helpful with your comments because during that period I too was completing my car. It is a Venom and is basically a clone of the Backdraft.

Thank you and good luck.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Waiting to Order a BDR, engine to be a SA C408. TKO to hook it up.
Not Ranked     

Hey boudy

Any time you're in Louisiana there'll be Jambalaya and Boudin.

Things here are finally starting to fll into place. We just wish it had happened a lot sooner so that we could have given you that call we were both hoping would happen. To those that don't know we've been sitting in that "gonna-buys" group for a long time.

You're half the reason we chose to go with BDR. The car is great, perfectly positioned in the market and ready to go places. You were always there to answer the questions and offer a ride in the hot seat. I remember all the tries we had to get to Tx. to get a chance to kick the tires, and in the end you ended coming here with the car. That lunch was when we knew that the BDR was the 1 for us. Remember when Sue said it better have slides on the drivers seat ?

You better not stop dropping by here now and then !! You're about the only BDR dealer that I knew of that helped out so many BDR owners and gonna-buys. Whither not they bought from you; you were there to help.

Thank you

regards
Doug & Sue
Old 11-06-2004, 05:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to CowtownCobra
Not Ranked     

Boudy,

Best of luck in all future endeavors.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

Good luck Boudy and don't be a stranger. Anytime you get around Beaumont,TX area, call me and we'll get together.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, 427SO, it runs
Not Ranked     

Boudy,

Sorry to hear about the set-back. I enjoyed meeting you in Ohio in June. Your burn-outs at the Cross Country were OK, but maybe you can do better some other time.

I wish you better luck in the future. There are a bunch of us, who'd love to figure out how to make money in the passion we love. Meanwhile, we just have to keep plugging at other boring things to pay the bills.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #42, 425HP 347 - NASA TX, CMC #55 Mustang Road Racer - Legends 37' Chevy Coupe #43 Oval Racer - Honda CRF450R(I'm afraid to race it), 95' Black Lighting Daily Scooter
Not Ranked     

Wow! Thanks guys. All's well and will end well. Of this I'm sure, don't know when. It is however, comforting to see the support and the friends I'm made along the way.

Boudy