Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2005, 06:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing BDR144
Not Ranked     

Jeffko,

I also had a leak from the clutch master cylinder area too. The leak was not massive, but more of a seeping/dripping leak after a short drive. I had to wipe the bottom of the MC a few times and I checked the flair connector and it was tight.
It turned out to be the cap. I noticed that the cap was hard to put on and tighten. I could not tighten it enough with my hand. I now use a small strap wrench to finish getting it snugged down. No leak since. I keep that strap wrench in my tool bag in the trunk, because you wont be able to loosen the cap without it.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #177 Carbed Ford Small Block
Not Ranked     

Ahh, yet another victim of the mc cap. S.S. you make 3 confirmed and I will probably make 4. Reg is sending me a new cap that will hopefully take care of it. In the meantime a guy in our club suggested I rubberband a baggie over the cap. It should still have the breathing room of the bag and I can see if it collects any fluid.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Probably a guy with a red car.....
Old 06-15-2005, 01:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

I just replaces the old cap seal with one like they use in off road buggies and truggies. Works like a charm. I hope yours is a simple fix and not a cracked line or something.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:01 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

You may actually find something in the HELP! aisle at Pep Boys etc... it's the company where everything is packaged in red cards... they sell all kinds of useful fix parts.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra-less
Not Ranked     

Back to the actuator for a minute, if I may, been busy and away from this thread.

Anthem Motors in Phoenix makes a kit with an aluminum block that bolts to the motor mount. And someone else said to just dirll a hole in the side of the motor mount flang on the frame.

Sorry for the interuption
Old 06-16-2005, 04:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #177 Carbed Ford Small Block
Not Ranked     

Flipper, could you be more specific about what you used and where you got it.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 08-28-2019, 02:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR, 418
Not Ranked     
Default side vent removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfarhood View Post
Jeffko, these caps on the willwood MC are easy to get on wrong. If you look, the threads on the MC & cap are a joke. I had to try a couple of times to make sure it was going on straight. Also, it may not be down tight, maybe just an eighth of a turn short of closed. It is very hard to see/reach considering its location. When I replaced my MC, I removed the side louver to gain access. It really made it easy to reach. I would not bother to do that to tighten the cap normally, but if you still have a problem, it may be helpful.
I talked with the reps from Iconic Parts (w/ BDR)... he told me the same thing, remove the side vent to access the clutch master cylinder. My BDR has about 4,500 miles and the MC is leaking from the seal inside the cockpit. I ordered a new one from Iconic along with a new matching slave....didn't want to take the time or a chance messing around with the local parts stores trying to match Mazda parts or anything else. Your posts were very helpful and reassuring that I will be able to address the problem.