Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2006, 07:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR#078,408 Dart Block, TKO 600,Indigo Blue, White Stripe
Send a message via Yahoo to JayBar
Not Ranked     
Default My Backdraft was on!!!!

I had my Backdraft out on the track yesterday. The event was cut short due to weather and a BMW 2002 loosing all his oil on the track, but I had a great time.

This was my first outing that I had complete clutch control, for the entire time on the track.

There is a thread on this forum discribing my re-routing of the clutch line to the slave, so I won't go into the details. If you are having problems with your clutch fluid cooking check out that thread http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...526#post666526

Anyway, it was a plesure to be able to shift and downshift with out the shifter hanging up because of an incomplete clutch release. In the past I would avoid shifts and just use the high torque of the engine to accelerate.
I would use just 3 & 4 gear, now I use 2,3,4 and a few times over 122 MPH got into 5th.

I was so disapointed with the clutch problem, that I did not even take the time to put my slicks on or even wash it before the event. I just felt the event would be a bust.

I had also installed cooling ducts on the front brakes, which help, I experienced no brake fade or soft pedal. In the past I never lost my brake pedal but towards the end of a hot day, it would get soft.

The car ran and felt great. I was going to wait for the Reptile Round Up, October 5-8, to run again but the car ran so well I may go to Sebring in two weeks to run again.

I am falling back in love with my Backdraft, after a brief affair with my 03Mustang Cobra.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 228, Roush 342R, 457HP/428TQ, modified AOD
Not Ranked     

Jay,

Glad that you had a good time, and glad that the shifting problem is OK now.

Cheers!
Dave
Old 09-05-2006, 03:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #20 302 T5
Not Ranked     

NOTHING is more fun than a Cobra out on the track!
John
Old 09-05-2006, 05:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR # 165 392 Ford Crate 430HP
Not Ranked     

Good to hear you got it all worked out, I may have to take a look at it as I think I have the same problem with over heating fluid. I am going to try and make Sebring in Oct if time allows. I just picked up my car from Reg after being gone for 3 weeks in Georgia had flanges installed and a few other minor items attended to. May try and go to car show tonight if weather permits, I can't believe the rain here in Florida as up in Georgia it would not rain no matter how dark the sky's got.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #985 Custom Pro/ Street Race Car, full cage, dry sump 427W and G Force T-56 Fully Street Legal!!
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Jay, you looked and sounded great out there on Sunday. after you left, I had an off track excursion, at about 90 into the gras, didn't hit anything though, mannaged to keep her straight. That tyre wall came at me really quickly though, it was close.
Tom, no excuses!! Send your money into DSCC for the Sebring, I GUARANTEE you will have a ball,
Cheers
Richard
Old 09-05-2006, 03:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR # 165 392 Ford Crate 430HP
Not Ranked     

Richard give me a call as I lost your # when my old cell phone quit working.
Tom
Old 09-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bought an Exact carbon car in TX. Bought a 427 sideoiler with 630 HP
Not Ranked     

"NOTHING is more fun than a Cobra out on the track!"
John

Well except maybe a 900 lb. Formula Atlantic car.
John