Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2006, 03:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft
Not Ranked     
Default Much much fun!

Really I said that my 302 was not enterteining? I must say that I surprise every day more and more! It is incrible since little by little the engine is changing its behavior, now it has 90 miles in it and does not have comparison to its initial behavior, I believe that still it has much for delivering, am rolling softly, around them 3K rpm with small approximations to 4K rpm, hope that it does not harm it, shortly I will do the first inspection of all 100 miles ..... some suggestion or advice? Can I raise it without harming it? The engine sounds wonderfully at high rpm! The water temp is ok everytime (aprox 90ēC) but oil temp gauge never raises!
Will send pics as soon as my camera will be repaired!
Cheers

Alfonso
Old 11-15-2006, 06:12 AM
CC Member / Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Alfonso,

I'm glad that you are enjoying your car, get comfortable with it and let it rip. The 302's can handle it. If the engine builder broke in the motor correctly it should be broken in by now. Smoke those tires, that is the pictures I want to see. And maybe some nice looking locals on the car

Bill

www.gcperf.com
Old 11-15-2006, 07:56 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Great to hear... those 302s are a lot of fun. You will find it will open up more and more. Glad to hear you are on top of the recommended maintenance. It is critical to do the 100 Mile and 500 Mile checklist to ensure everything stays tight. The heat cycles and high vibration of these cars can loosen things up early on.

Get us those photos... and make sure you keep your license this time

I'm sure Peter would love to see some more photos of the Titanium with Ghost Stripes in action in Spain.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold Backdraft #488 Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

Jay, you are so right. Like a little kid I check my email and this site for any new information several times a day. I cant wait to now what number my car will be never mind seeing pictures.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:21 AM
CC Member / Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Peter,
Have you decided on the motor yet? 402R? Make sure you get what you want because you will regret it later if you don't.

Bill

www.gcperf.com
Old 11-15-2006, 10:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Peter!!!

Name:  DSC02816r.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  26.4 KB

Name:  DSC02819r.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  35.6 KBPeter two pics for you! I will send better ones as soon as possible! The green plate are only provisional! They will allow me to mount a special reduced size ones! It's very funny becaue the motorvehicle department engineer said to me by telephone that this plates were only alowed under certain conditions that my BDR don't carry out......when I came to the inspection the engineer (really a pretty young girl,aprox 28...not kidding!) said to me that car was impresive and that reduced plates will look better....then she argued in the forms that the car needs small plate in front to allow good ventilation, and in the rear (almost impossible to get permision) because normal plate is too much wide to have good visiblity with the small plate light of BDR....... obviously I must to take her for a ride (in the car, ha, ha)..... not kidding!

You must take into account that the car (all people told me the first time that they saw the car) looks much much nice than in photo!
I know what you feel waiting for it!
Cheers

Alfonso
Old 11-15-2006, 10:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Bill, thanks for the advice. I spoke to Jay about It a couple of weeks ago and I'm going with the 402R. I think that should be more than enough power for me.

Peter
Old 11-15-2006, 11:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank Alfonso, the car looks great in the pictures. I can only imagine what It looks like in person. Dont stop sending us information about you new car.
Its going to be a long winter so keep it coming.

Peter
Old 11-15-2006, 02:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 302 AFR 165
Not Ranked     

Alfonso,

Congrat on the new toy. I have a 302 In my car and love it also. What heads on you motor? Been to the track yet?

later

dennis
Old 11-15-2006, 03:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Hi Dennis!

It's a B cam (M-6007-XB3M) I think this cam really "alives" from 4k rpm..... Here we have limited possibilities to enjoy a track, the better ones are very expensive (600$ each car for only 2 hours Jarama Circuit and the other circuits close to my home are very small) but we have lovely roads with good surface, a lot of curves and almost without traffic..... (yes Jay I will be carefu with my license)....almost every weekend from April to October we ue to have classic car meetings including show and rally (many sections of a road closed for us) so we have another way to enjoy our cars...... I'm really anxious to fight with one of these england sport cars (jaguar, austin, etc) with 90 bhp or less, ha, ha..... but not the same laughts with Ferraris. My BDR seems to have potential as sport car but it seems difficoult to drive in a rought road because the steering wheel seems to be welded directly to the crank!
Cheers
I dont know if I can damage engine (only 90 miles on it) so I use to drive it under 3.5K rpm (little episodes of 4K-4.5K in 2nd or 3rd) but perhaps I must to strecht it little by little..... I think my MSD its limited to 6.2K... I must to ask Jay!
Cheers
Alfonso
Alfonso
Old 11-16-2006, 08:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Waiting to Order a BDR, engine to be a SA C408. TKO to hook it up.
Not Ranked     

Alfonso - it sounds like your motor vehicle inspectors really appreciate cars, and not blindly following rules. There could be another reason for them giving you short plates - we you go howling by a police car they won't have very long to read your plate, so a short plate works for them

Sounds like you have a terriffic car you are enjoying it !!!!! Don't stop, unless it's for police cars and your friendly motor vehicle engineer

regards
Doug I