Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2007, 07:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to Cobra_Troop Send a message via MSN to Cobra_Troop Send a message via Yahoo to Cobra_Troop
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashburn
You maybe in luck since we have a 2003 Cobra at the shop with those wheels
test mule...been doing some reading on the T-56 install seems like the newer models are a little more accomidating of the tranny..am I reading wrong? what about the cutout for the shifter can that be cut when ordering for my application?

Current rides..
2002 Trans AM WS6 w/ a few goodies
2006 Hayabusa Custom Paint and Turbo
2007 Nissan Titan LE Loaded
Old 05-07-2007, 07:36 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Yes the T-56 goes right in (and out now with the removeable crossmembers). You drill the hole for the shifter wherever you need it
Old 05-07-2007, 07:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to Cobra_Troop Send a message via MSN to Cobra_Troop Send a message via Yahoo to Cobra_Troop
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashburn
Yes the T-56 goes right in (and out now with the removeable crossmembers). You drill the hole for the shifter wherever you need it
Nice! So how do the numbers work I notice people referencing build numbers do they restart every year or what? whats the turn around time for the cars 3 months or?

Current rides..
Old 05-07-2007, 10:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR, 351W, 400 Horses
Not Ranked     

Cobra Troop,

There is no perfect cobra, The only perfect cobra will be whatever you choose to put in your garage. There are a Ton of rollers, kits out there to choose from. I went thought this process not too long ago, AND am extremely happy with the BDR cobra i purchased at Vintage Motor Sports back in 10/06.

I also narrowed my choices down to the BDR and FFR, however, I was going to have the FFR professionally built which would have costed me 10 - 15 K more than what I paid for my BDR. ANd the resale value on the FFRs are unfortunatly poor. There are very good to extremely well built FFR that look and perform awsome, but they are rare and unfortunetly it takes a big wade of cash to get them to that level of quality.

Being factory built the BDR is a well put together roller which does has some flexablity if you wish to change things, but this is such a nice machine you may not even want to.

So, if you have a background in mechanical work and cars, there is nothing like the satisfaction in building your own. I wished I could, but i'm not that talented. Eitherway, theese cars get you noticed in a heartbeat regaudless of which one you have

I'm a daily driver and put over 3000 miles on my BDR since 10/06 I just love it and the reliability of the BDR is great.

hope this helps
GAry

Last edited by SD5805; 05-07-2007 at 10:59 AM..
Old 05-07-2007, 10:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

build NOs are consecutive year to year. BDR are over 500 not approaching 600 cars under their belt

Last edited by SD5805; 05-07-2007 at 10:59 AM..
Old 05-07-2007, 09:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wheel Style: Bullitt (front rim)
Wheel Size: 18x9"
Wheel Backspacing: 5.85"
Wheel Offset: +24mm
Bolt Pattern: 5 x 4.5 inch
(Fits Best 94-04 all)

And the back:

Wheel Style: Bullitt
Wheel Size: 18x10"
Wheel Backspacing: 6.38"
Wheel Offset: +22mm
(Fits Best 94-04 rear)
Bolt Pattern: 5 x 4.5 inch

And SD Im in the same boat as you mechanically I can do a motor but that about it...lol Im begining to realize what you are saying about resale and holding value..I have notice the used price difference between the cars. I think I will be very happy with a BDR and will be dealing with Jay only problem I have to wait until next year...shhesh!

Current rides..
Old 05-09-2007, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ouch on the wait, BUT it is worth it. Just go about your everyday routine and then one day your delivery of the BDR will come.

I do know what you mean especially when your decision is made you want to drive it tomorrow. BUT, just know in the back of your mind that it will done right and done the way you wanted it ie color sheme etc.
Gary

Hope this helps / good luck
Old 05-10-2007, 08:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft 302
Not Ranked     

back to the question of wheels - I'm fresh from a open track session at Pocono East (man, they need to repave that section) - and I'm now playing with the idea of buying another set of wheels to keep a set of slicks on for future sessions. The team III's are nice - maybe too nice - are there recommendations for light weight and not too expensive wheels for this purpose?