Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 05:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Exhaust header to sidepipe leak resolution

I just listed a tailpipe stretcher in the classifieds. This will eliminate the exhaust leakeage older BDR had with the slip fit. Can be used with headers on the car. I used a crescent wrench with tool even though it is sized for an impact. Make no mistake this is not the cheap harbour freight or autozone that either break or the screw strips, trust me I know I ruined two of them before I found this tool. You can stretch your pipe to the point it will rip with a crescent wrench with this one.

Lisle part number 34400, you will find that at alot of diesel repair shops, list for $130, most places sell for $80, I am asking $45. Pefect condition. It is about to go in my attic where I will forget about it for the next 20 years.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #139, Indigo blue, white stripes, KeithCraft 351W, 315 WHP, 17" Boyd Smoothies, dual roll bars, gunrack, assorted young females
Not Ranked     

Maxx, UT wants it, bad. Please PM me!
Old 06-08-2008, 10:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

No problem you got it PM me your address. After you get it you can send payment. It weighs about 10lbs so I will ship ups ground. I'll do 45 including shipping. Lucky I looked today, I was going up in the attic tonight with a load of crap and will not go up again until December LOL
Old 06-08-2008, 10:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

What you need to do is go to Autozone and buy a piece of tailpipe with the same ID as the ID of your side pipe. Slip it over your header, probably have to tape in place initially it will be so loose, then stick the tailpipe expander in and expand the pipe until it just touches the tail pipe piece you have taped in place. Then rotate expander in same pipe 30-40 degrees and do again. This will make the header pipe pefectly round. Repeat 3 more times.

To install side pipe do not attach side pipe side mount until you have the header to side pipe connected. Take the side pipe and have two people, one to keep from dinging the car and line it up with exhaust header and twist the side pipe up and down 1/2 to 3/4 inch and it will work itself right on. If you try to just push it straight on it will be very difficult if you minutely twist the sidepipe up and down and push on it goes on like a dream.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

by the way if you or who ever is doing it is drunk or plowed or are using an impact and expand the header to much, just expand the side pipe a little, but if you have the tail pipe piece from autozone on the header as your are expanding your header you will feel additional resistance (but not much!!!) when you expand to the id of the tail pipe piece.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #139, Indigo blue, white stripes, KeithCraft 351W, 315 WHP, 17" Boyd Smoothies, dual roll bars, gunrack, assorted young females
Not Ranked     

Maxx, my man!

I got part of it right, I asked you where to send the check.

That's the best I can do right now Brudda.

Now I gotta find a limber, young mechanic-type to do the actual work.

BTW, your last post reminds me of my ancient EMT training. very specic intructions.

It's a compliment, Brudda.

The ability to tell someone what to do, without verbal contact, is a gift.

We are crossed up. I am sure it is at my end. mea culpa.

I owe you money. Let's do a fix.

UT
Old 06-10-2008, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I sent it out yesterday you should get it Thursday. Just find a neighborhood kid about 15 years old and direct him to turn the nut on the tailpipe expander clockwise. That is about as hard as it gets!!