17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-13-2013, 09:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     
Default Alpine Road, Portola Valley

Uh, what is it about this road? I frequent this road on the weekends and the past few weekends I've seen several Cobras and a Daytona Coupe. Anyone local?

Also, there's a small car club that meets every month or so with all sorts of makes and models of cars in the small shopping center off Alpine Road & Highway 280. Anyone know the car club?
Old 05-13-2013, 01:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Racing MKIII Roadster 347
Not Ranked     

Didn't know that happened there but I can see that being a nice meeting place (but I like Alice's on 84/35 better.) Don't know of any clubs off the top of my head.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #185, Shelby Alloy 482; sold
Not Ranked     

You mean you actually drive your Kirkham? That meet up at Alpine and 280 is advertised in Euro Sunday.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pipes View Post
You mean you actually drive your Kirkham? That meet up at Alpine and 280 is advertised in Euro Sunday.
It's definitely an eclectic collection of cars that meet. The Cobras and Daytona Coupe were just cruising up and down the road on consecutive weekends and were a separate sighting from the Euro Sunday meet.

What? Me drive my Cobra? That's unheard of. Don't start any rumors that aren't true.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pipes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
It's definitely an eclectic collection of cars that meet. The Cobras and Daytona Coupe were just cruising up and down the road on consecutive weekends and were a separate sighting from the Euro Sunday meet.

What? Me drive my Cobra? That's unheard of. Don't start any rumors that aren't true.

It's an occasional meeting spot for Euro Sunday and a informal gathering place for 'locals' ... not sure how often they meet.

Wonder if some 'local' CC guys could lure Rodknock and his Krikham out for drive ... we could probably muster up another Krikham, several Superformances and Factory Fives, a Contemporary or ERA and maybe even an Arntz just to name a few ...
Old 05-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkb289 View Post
It's an occasional meeting spot for Euro Sunday and a informal gathering place for 'locals' ... not sure how often they meet.

Wonder if some 'local' CC guys could lure Rodknock and his Krikham out for drive ... we could probably muster up another Krikham, several Superformances and Factory Fives, a Contemporary or ERA and maybe even an Arntz just to name a few ...
The Euro Sunday guys aren't meeting at the crack of dawn like the CC members at Alice's. The Euro Sunday guys work during the week and like to sleep in a little on a Saturday morning.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft RT3 #1133, Ford Racing 306
Not Ranked     

Sorry, I can't add any info to cars/clubs/shows on Alpine, but I have been to the Alpine Inn/Zott's(good greasy food, nice 'beer garden') and have also gotten a speeding ticket which I think was for being more of nuisance than for speeding. Alpine is actually not one of the roads that I would pick for a scenic, pleasurable drive. There are so many other great roads to take in the Bay Area.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobura View Post
Sorry, I can't add any info to cars/clubs/shows on Alpine, but I have been to the Alpine Inn/Zott's(good greasy food, nice 'beer garden') and have also gotten a speeding ticket which I think was for being more of nuisance than for speeding. Alpine is actually not one of the roads that I would pick for a scenic, pleasurable drive. There are so many other great roads to take in the Bay Area.
I can't remember seeing any law enforcement on the road and if don't like trees, occasional bicyclists, horses, baseball and soccer fields, beautiful valley views and relatively open road, then you're right. It sucks.

And I'm definitely not a big fan of the grease pit also known as Alpine Inn, but it is very popular at least on weekends.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 302
Not Ranked     

Usually on a nice Saturday morning I take a leisurely drive threw Woodside, and Portola Valley. Heads up for the deer though. I've had several close encounters.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK, someone yesterday (Sunday) was cruising down Alpine Road and pulled into the Ladera Shopping Center at approximately 4:30 PM.

This someone had a solid red 289 street Cobra that looked fairly original as I passed by in the opposite direction.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 302
Not Ranked     

It's a nice drive. But you have to be heads up for deer in early evening. I had a close encounter a couple of weeks ago. Adhering to the speed limit saved my butt.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #185, Shelby Alloy 482; sold
Not Ranked     

Look for deer in the morning also. My wife and I went up to Alice's for breakfast this morning, while driving home there was a fresh road kill (tiny deer) in the road. Wasn't there before.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
OK, someone yesterday (Sunday) was cruising down Alpine Road and pulled into the Ladera Shopping Center at approximately 4:30 PM.

This someone had a solid red 289 street Cobra that looked fairly original as I passed by in the opposite direction.

Rodney,

You have a keen eye ... that was an original Cobra. Sent you a PM.

- Tim
Old 08-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Today there was a silver, possibly a brushed Kirkham, running up and down Alpine. At least two round trips back and forth. Anyone here?
Old 08-05-2013, 11:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1984 Aurora Cobra Mark II #153
Not Ranked     

I have a friend that lives in Portola Valley that owns an original 427 Cobra - CSX-3010. Could have been his car you saw.

Michael
Old 08-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach 1 Fan View Post
I have a friend that lives in Portola Valley that owns an original 427 Cobra - CSX-3010. Could have been his car you saw.

Michael
I guess he or she was making a few trips to the grocery store.