LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2001, 02:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: TBD
Not Ranked     
Default Steve Arntz at BACC breakfast 12/8/2001

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that Steve Arntz is coming to breakfast tomorrow morning. I ran into him a few weeks ago at the Good Guys show and invited him to our weekly meeting. He confirmed with me earlier today.

If any of you can reach out to Scott Thompson or Mike Brunnel Steve has some interesting cars that he claims are the top of the heap for a performance oriented (Track only) Cobra. From the pictures I saw he may be right.

Any of you that know Monster (Mike Viramontes) you should let him know that Steve will be there, since his car is an Arntz.

Best Regards,

Tony R.

Last edited by Tony Ripepi; 12-10-2001 at 09:24 AM..
Old 12-08-2001, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289 FIA
Not Ranked     
Smile

Tony, thanks for helping Steve attend the breakfast this morning. I remember meeting him in the late 70's and early 80's. All fans of Cobras should say a word of thanks to Steve for keeping the car alive for many of us.
Gary
Old 12-09-2001, 12:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation this morings meeting in the fog

Pix from this mornings meeting at club photo

Fortiter in re, suaviter in modo
Old 12-10-2001, 09:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: TBD
Not Ranked     

Hey Terry,

Great pictures....gives the rest of the Club Cobra crew an idea of what we do every Saturday morning.

I brought Steve to the meeting in the SPF and he was very impressed with the fit, finish and performance. Not bad commentary from a guy who built 700+ cobras and set the tone for the replica industry starting in the late 60's.

Most especially Liked Stans Hat !!!!!!!

Tony R.
Old 12-11-2001, 11:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Leave my hat alone... I admit it sure did look strange. I guess I will find another.
Old 12-11-2001, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Met the founder of ThunderHill at the Shelby Holiday party. I invited him to our meeting. He has a 41 car garage. That's correct forty-one car garage.
Old 12-20-2001, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Angry

Woulded you know it. Have not posted in a yr. and this is one breakfast I would have like to come too!
I to have Arntz/Bulter in pieces.(that's one frame & two bodys) The frist one I ever saw was at the Oakland Roadster Show in 1976. Called him up and drove all the way to Sebastopol, CA to his mother's place (lived in Hayward) long drive that nght. Someone posted that he is working on a Track car, Funning thing is he was working on one then that was to cool had 454ci DOHC Mosser motor in it and the frame in one word WOW.

Anyway the guys with Arntz cars are they going to have another
meeting with him?

A newbe wanted to know the safest cobra kit build. It was and is the Arntz with the front & rear hoops and the 2x5 door beams mounted with OEM parts

You guys with BACO where & when do you meet?

Last edited by 1cobralover; 12-20-2001 at 07:38 PM..
Old 12-20-2001, 11:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile BACC Meeting

Bay Area Cobra club is scheduled for every Saturday for the last two years almost... March 2002

Plan to arrive at Athens Burgers located at 6999 Dublin Blvd. Dublin, CA. Tel # 925-803-8135 at 7:30 order breakfast. We all sit in one area of their restaurant together, they open at 7:00. There is a large parking lot in front that is very visible from inside the restaurant.

Bring your significant other or favorite kid or simply a buddy that wants to get together with people with an interest in Cobra's. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Photos from the last few meetings

Fortiter in re, suaviter in modo