28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Monster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2005, 11:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz/Bennett, FE with lots of shinny parts that make it go fast
Not Ranked     
Default ****** Baccevents.com *******

I've created a site dedicated to providing only event information for Cobra events in the region. As events come up if there is a web site I'll provide links or possibly a page with dates, registration etc.

Contact me if you have a Western Region Cobra related event you wish to list.

www.baccevents.com

Thanks,
Mike
ACHiPo likes this.

Last edited by Monster; 02-06-2005 at 12:42 PM..
Old 02-02-2005, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics (B&B) Cobra, 408W, Roush Heads, Demon Carb, Comp Cam, Tremec Z-Spec T5, 9" Auburn Rear
Not Ranked     

Hey Mike,

This is great! I will provide a link to this new events page from the home page, so we're always in sync. I have always wanted to a put a "sticky" on here with our website address too, but didn't know how to do it - so I'll tag along...

For info on our club please visit http://www.bayareacobraclub.com -indexed #1 on Yahoo!
Old 02-14-2005, 02:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra w/ Centrifugally Blown Big Block, Pickles, Onions, on a Sesame Seed Bun.
Not Ranked     
Default Need Server?

I have a web server that I've maintained since 1997.

If the club could use space on it (free, ad-free, privately run), I'll make it so.

Access via FTP...just upload your HTML, redirect your URL to your subdirectory, and go...

Let me know if this is useful and I'll set it up.

Byron
Old 03-31-2008, 12:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-tech body/frame, 427engined FF5/302engined FF5 Bennett 289 & 427 rolling chassis
Not Ranked     

So....No Knott's participation planned at all this year?

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beast "Grabber Orange"/Silver stripe w/418W 520HP full roller, T5. and: Backdraft #814 RT3B "Black Label" "Magic Black"/Sterling Grey stripe, 408W, full roller, 475HP, T5
Not Ranked     

Hi Guys, I am a newbie here and have posted only a few times but I am confused by the BACC website. When I go there to look at the membership roster (on which I am the last/newest registered member) I can not get a look at the entire list of members because there is only ONE page visible with no "next" button or "page#" button to click to see the next page, etc. And the worst part is that the one page visible is mostly taken up by a bunch of sh.t about/by persons with nothing to do with Cobras or the club, but who are using the space to advertise everything from insurance to real estate to rentals to God knows what! These "ads" and their associated comments and email addresses are all in HUGE lettering and completely screw up the site with all this useless junk. What is going on with that? Why isn't someone doing something about keeping the sight usable or searchable or having some way to keep all that junk OFF the site? There are also links that do not function and lead to none existant web-pages. The whole site frankly seems a mess. It would be really nice to have a site for Bay Area Cobra owners to go and feel like they are a part of something but this one seems to be dysfunctional for the most part. I'm really sorry if I offend someone by saying all of this and that is not my desire or intent but it is all true.
Is there anything we could all do as a group to fix it? Maybe start some kind of real club with real membership fees/dues or ? in order to keep a place that is useful and not in the hands of freeloading marketeers selling real estate or insurance or penis pills or ? If I knew anything about how to maintain a website I would volunteer to help with it, but I am unfortunately NOT computer savy and have nothing I can do to help out in that way.
Don

Last edited by donraye; 06-29-2008 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: terrible spelling skills!
Old 06-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

donraye,

Or, how about using the site and regional forum you are on right now; clubcobra.com > Bay Area Cobra Club forum. It works.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beast "Grabber Orange"/Silver stripe w/418W 520HP full roller, T5. and: Backdraft #814 RT3B "Black Label" "Magic Black"/Sterling Grey stripe, 408W, full roller, 475HP, T5
Not Ranked     
Default Yes, that's great.

Yes this is an excellent forum for discussion and I do intend to use it as often as I can. I guess it just leaves me wondering about what the other site is for in that case. If this is "the" place for bay area Cobra owners to post and get all their imformation then what is the other site used for?
Oh well, as long as this is the place then I would like to post a few questions that I could really use help with:
1: What are some recomendations from those of you who run built 351 rollers in the 425hp class as to what oil type and weight etc. is good for these engines. I have never owned a Ford engine of this type and have always been a Porsche owner for the past several years. Is it recomended to run synthetic oils in these engines or not? Someone mentioned to me that synthetic oils tend to find/create more leaks/seepage than non systhetics in these engines. Any ideas or comments on that?
2: What is the recomended fluid to run in my Ford world class T-5 tranny?
3: Is there anyone out there who owns a "Street Beast" replica? (I know they seem to be a "dirty word" in the minds of some but if there are any other owners out there I would like to hear from you.)
4: Lastly, Does anyone have any ideas on where to get service on a Cobra if needed or any Cobra oriented shops in the North Bay/Sonoma county area?
Thanks, Don
Old 06-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Don,

Best bet is to use Club Cobra to post questions, get answers, provide advice, get information regarding events and find people with similar cars (Streat Beast) to share information with. It's best if you click on the "forums" button, then find the category that best suits your question, then post a single question.

Regarding opinions about oil, the "Small Block Forum" is a good place to start. The T-5, post a question on the "Transmission" forum. Stuff about Streat Beasts, the "All Cobra Talk" is probably the best place to go. Service recommendations, start a new thread in the Bay Area Cobra forum.

For events, keep an eye on the Bay Area Cobra Club Forum. BTW - If you didn't know it, you are already a President of the Bay Area Cobra Club...everyone is a President!

You'll find that you can pretty much find everything you need to know with in the individual forums.

Have fun and hope you can make it out to breakfast or one of the upcoming events.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it

Last edited by Got the Bug; 06-29-2008 at 02:36 PM..
Old 02-18-2009, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK-I, 302, 780 Pro-Systems custom double pumper, 425HP
Not Ranked     

Monster---if you read this I am going to promote the Santa Barbara Wheelsandwaves show for the Phoenix gang. Everyone is asking where we will stay. As soon as you get the details for the lodging let me know. I hope to bring at least 6 cars, maybe more. See you there.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK-I, 302, 780 Pro-Systems custom double pumper, 425HP
Not Ranked     

Monster- Russ tells my you have been trying to reach me. 480-218-5412, brasfieldmichael@yahoo.com
Old 05-15-2010, 07:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #492/ 427/482 Keith Craft. Simple, Clean.
Not Ranked     
Default American Graffiti Event, PEtaluma

Anyone headed to the Amercian Grafitti event today in Petaluma? Big event and my buddies ;Johnny B and the Speedshifters will be belting out 50's-60;s classics!

al
Old 05-25-2010, 11:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic CCX 3970: 1965 427 Cobra S/C, Shelby aluminum 427 CSX 290 (468 cu in) engine
Not Ranked     

Mike: I'd be very interested in obtaining business cards, the way they used to be. I'd be happy to pay for them. Anyone still doing this? Rich
Old 08-30-2019, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1436 514
Not Ranked     

Thanks Mike. Much appreciated!