14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 10:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1474: 482 CI stroked tunnel port 427 with dual quads.
Not Ranked     
Default CA State budget crisis hits referee stations

Well, I just confirmed that all CA Referee smog stations are closed due to the budget crisis until further notice. My friend is building an '82 Capri with a newer fuel injected 5.0 engine and was planning to visit a referee station when the project was completed. He mentioned the closure to me last night and the SB100 process immediately came to mind.

I wonder how this will hit our CA Cobra members looking to get through the SB 100 process? I went to a referee station at a community college in San Jose to get my registration completed a few years back. This doesn't appear to be an option now. Maybe you will have to visit a traditional smog station to get through the reg process??????

The phone number at the bottom of this link advises you that all offices are closed.
"Call (800) 622-7733 to schedule an appointment with a Referee Center."

http://www.bar.ca.gov/80_BARResource...e_Centers.html

CA B.A.R. closure announcement concerning referee stations
http://www.bar.ca.gov/index.html
Old 09-09-2008, 11:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

They've been closed for several weeks.

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way
Old 09-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I heard something about Ahnold wanting to roll back some State worker's wage to the Federal minimum standard, $6.50 an hour or there about. Apparently the State comptroller has refused to implament that. Next up: Prison Guard uninon calling for impeachment!

...wonder how JDog is getting along...
Old 09-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

I also read in the SJ Mercury today that the referee stations were closed. As soon as the budget is approved, the referee stations will open again. Who knows when the State will have a budget!

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 09-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4758, CSX 381 Keith Craft 482 w/ Weber 48 IDA's
Not Ranked     

Wowzer!

Unless I'm still under a rock somewhere, the State BAR is the only place authorized to print the SB 100 certification stickers for license issuance verification back to DMV after completion of the emissions inspection and testing. I don't think SMOG Check stations can do that....at least as of now.

That may just put a damper on all the remaining 2008 or earlier SB 100 numbers that haven't made the complete treck yet.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, 427w
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokndad View Post
That may just put a damper on all the remaining 2008 or earlier SB 100 numbers that haven't made the complete treck yet.
ummm . . . . that would be me! My car should be out of paint (the Batcave!) by the end of the month and I was planning on hitting the referee station, BAR, DMV, CIA, KGB, and everyone else with a finger in this process, shortly thereafter.
Well, based on the Govenator's sucesses on every other fiscal matter he has touched, I'm sure the budget will be squared away in no time . . . NOT!
Hurricane Motorsports #1053; 427w
Old 09-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

MFE III - They'll just need to keep giving you TOPs until they open up the BAR again.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 09-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Uh, hmmmm, that would be me also. Fortunately, I'm not waiting for a referee station to open since my car is still stuck at the shop. I'm oh so close to being done, but the engine has not been fired up yet (since the break-in and dyno back in February-Wowzer, that's a long time ago). I'm supposedly the next car to done and out of there. So, I hope the CA budget is approved soon so I can do my BAR, CHP and final DMV thing.