28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII with a Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     
Default SB100 holders.... What does your...?

Title say the year of your car is?? I went to the DMV today and they told me they need to take the 0000 off my title. Is that cool?
Old 01-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: TBD
Not Ranked     

The title will read the year that you get your SB100 registration and the car will be an SPCN. I have been through it four times with various cars over the years, including the two cars that are in the garage now.

Shelby CSX4264 and SPF GT40 P2181.

Tony R.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

"Year first sold" is 0000 on my registration. The DMV made a big deal about the "year first sold" being 0000 when our group went through the SB100 process in 2008. The year on the registration of my car is 2007, which is the year that I first registered it.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 01-22-2009, 11:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The title on my 2004 SB100 car showed 0000. I don't have the title yet for the new one. The registration paper work they gave me on SB100 day this year has nothing for the year of the car but shows 2008 as first year sold.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I had no instruction in what to do next so I went and talked to the DMV manager. He called Sac and they told him to change my title from 0000 to 2005 which is the year I bought the car from CR. It seems he is a bit confused on the emissions thing so I am going to print the DMV page and bring it to him.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

onefastmustang - There are two "year" references on my final registration. Are they telling you that both the "year first sold" and the "year" should be 2005?

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 01-23-2009, 07:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Something like that. Nothing has been touched yet though since I didn't have my title with me when I stopped in there.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastmustang View Post
Something like that. Nothing has been touched yet though since I didn't have my title with me when I stopped in there.
When you go back in with your paper work, you might want to ask the rep validate the your docs with a Supervisor. Have you had a chance to visit the BAR yet? Good luck...at least you're in the home stretch.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf #1723 427w
Not Ranked     

The "0000" means "NO YEAR ASSIGNED". I was trying to get brake and lamp inspection and they first said they couldn't do it because they thought that "0000" meant 2000. I had them call Laura Tremble in sac and she told them that "0000" stood for no year assigned, The car should have whatever a 65 cobra had as this is what the car replicates and they didn't need the back-up lights ...ETC...ETC.