28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 01:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII with a Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     
Default Got my SB100 all ironed out and some interesting news about it.

I went to the BAR today with my car.. He punched it in, sniffed it and gave me a new firewall label. Then I went to the DMV and got my paperwork done and now im official. Yay..

On the other side of the coin the ref told me about a meeting he just went to in sac to learn about the new rules on SPCNS having to be smogged by year registered. He also mentioned there is an assembly person working to get SB100 rescinded and all previously issued ones revoked. He said he thinks it's a woman. She must drive a Hybrid...
Old 01-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1019
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastmustang View Post
...He also mentioned there is an assembly person working to get SB100 rescinded and all previously issued ones revoked. He said he thinks it's a woman. She must drive a Hybrid...
Given the current state of the states' budget, this assembly person should be lynched! Hello! SB100 generates revenue for the state... Is anyone listening? Recind it, and there goes all Use/Sale Tax for Specially Constructed Vehicles - what an idiot!
Old 01-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Onefastmustang - Great to hear that you completed the process!

It would be interesting to know how many actively registered SB100 cars there are on the road in California. If they try to revoke existing SB100s, they'll have a revolt on their hands and lawsuits up the kazoo.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 01-30-2009, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Still Working on This
Not Ranked     
Default How Do We Find the Name of Assembly Person?

Given the wonderful job these folks are doing with our budget, it seems a good time to let this person know, as well as the media, how thrilled we are with her/him spending time on something like this.

Does anyone have an idea regarding how we can determine if this is true and if it is, who the assembly person is?

Bob
Old 01-30-2009, 01:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII with a Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     

I had asked the Ref if he had the name of the person but he did not. Ill bet Mr. Morgester knows.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

I'm not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV, but if CA issues an exemption, in this case in the form of SB100, then taketh away, wouldn't that be a "government taking" and we the consumer would have to be compensated. Similar to a municipality redeveloping an area and uses eminent domain to acquire the property to be redeveloped. It doesn't sound so easy to do, even though we're not talking about real property rights, but personal property. Eh, what do I know. Zip, zero, nada.

Maybe the car owners with the SB100 exemption need to hire a Sacramento lobbyist?
Old 01-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Maybe the car owners with the SB100 exemption need to hire a Sacramento lobbyist?
I wonder how involved the car manufacturers are and how close they stay to the issue. They have a lot at stake here.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 01-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1019
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
I'm not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV...

Funny, Rodney! Did you sleep in a Holiday Inn last night

Seriously, we do have a lobby in Sacramento - it's call SEMA - http://www.semasan.com/
Old 01-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Rosenberg View Post
Funny, Rodney! Did you sleep in a Holiday Inn last night

Seriously, we do have a lobby in Sacramento - it's call SEMA - http://www.semasan.com/
I'm more a Ritz-Carlton kinda guy.

Yes, I know about SEMA, but I think Sacramento needs to be put on Dean Wormer's "double secret probation."
Old 01-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

I guess I'll be setting up that AZ shell corporation sooner than I thought...If the dumbazzes in Sacramento continue with the stupidity, we'll all figure out which state has the best loophole and register our cars there instead.

Or just drive them illegally and then the words to my ID's namesake will have come true and the prophecy will be completed.

-Dean
Old 02-02-2009, 11:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

The only thing that is certain, is that NOTHING is certain.

hopefully someone will find out , tune us into the news and maybe we can get some other people to stop it.

--Steve
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 02-18-2009, 02:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beast "Grabber Orange"/Silver stripe w/418W 520HP full roller, T5. and: Backdraft #814 RT3B "Black Label" "Magic Black"/Sterling Grey stripe, 408W, full roller, 475HP, T5
Not Ranked     

I got my SB100 sequence number this year and am in the process of building my 418 to be installed in the next 3 weeks. I hope this is all a bad dream or a rumor as I can not imagine that after all the work, waiting, and money I've gone through to get this car SB100 sequence number that they will suddenly through it all out!
I ran the car with a 351W in it from June 2008 to the end of 2008 on temporaries and will be going to the referee sometime in mid-late March with the car and it's newly stroked engine and my SB100 sequence number. Sure hope there is no problems when I do.
Don
Old 02-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by donraye View Post
I got my SB100 sequence number this year and am in the process of building my 418 to be installed in the next 3 weeks. I hope this is all a bad dream or a rumor as I can not imagine that after all the work, waiting, and money I've gone through to get this car SB100 sequence number that they will suddenly through it all out!
I ran the car with a 351W in it from June 2008 to the end of 2008 on temporaries and will be going to the referee sometime in mid-late March with the car and it's newly stroked engine and my SB100 sequence number. Sure hope there is no problems when I do.
Don
I haven't heard any news regarding changes to the SB100 program. They can't even get their shix together to get a budget passed, so I don't think they're going to change the law anytime soon.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarchetta View Post
I guess I'll be setting up that AZ shell corporation sooner than I thought...If the dumbazzes in Sacramento continue with the stupidity, we'll all figure out which state has the best loophole and register our cars there instead.

Or just drive them illegally and then the words to my ID's namesake will have come true and the prophecy will be completed.

-Dean

Well, just so you know the California Vehicle Code states that any vehicle (trailers are also included) operated in the state by a person holding a California drivers license shall be registered in the state. California enacted this law years ago because people were registering out of state for tax reasons.

I have a house in Arizona, and if this were to happen I would change my residence (I am retired so it's not a problem) to Arizona and get a AZ. DL. Just thought I would point this out. The CHP actually stops people all the time near the border with vehicles and trailers with AZ plates, and if you have a CA.DL they will nail you. They also have a division that investigates out of state registrations, and if you get caught you will be charged back taxes and penalties. Just FYI.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Good info...once the Dummycrats get the budget in order and get back to working on mindless things that don't have any fiscal impact (such as anti-SB100 rhetoric), then I'll come up with another plan. We ALL will come up with another plan.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4758, CSX 381 Keith Craft 482 w/ Weber 48 IDA's
Not Ranked     

It would seem that since SB 100 was enacted in September 2001, there have been at least 4500 exemptions issued to various owners, of mostly I would think rather expensive cars in the State, bringing in considerable revenue on Use Taxes and ongoing VLF's. If the Government taketh away, as Rodney stated, I'll bet that could be a hefty class action lawsuit with considerable damages for various losses, including loss of consortium with our "significant others". Meaning the Cobras in our garages.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

Knowledge is power, isn't it time "we the people" wake up and vote these idiots out of office.

I wonder if the person responsible for this banter paid their taxes??
Old 02-19-2009, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Still Working on This
Not Ranked     
Default Do Not Underestimate these Idiots...

Word came out this AM that a budget had finally been passed...

Given that my intent is not to hurt any of our fellow citizens who need help, raising taxes in the economic environment we find ourselves in today verges on lunacy. Given that this is the same group who ultimately holds the keys to SB100, I would not bet against anything, other than me going out and spending any more money in California than I absolutely need to (said with sincere sarcasm).
Old 02-23-2009, 12:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

remember -- sales tax goes up 4-1-2009
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com