LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 02:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Second Annual Lake San Antonio Cruise and BBQ

Ok gang,

I just got the word from the parks department. The Cruise and BBQ are definitely set for March 28th. They are giving us the discount on admission and setting up the big BBQ and picnic tables for us. YEAH!!!! In case of rain, it will of course be cancelled.

The admission is normally $8.00 but we are getting a $2.00 discount making the admission $6.00 per person for the park entrance fee. Please pay at the gate when you come in. As I mentioned, there is no attendant and it is an honor system. You put the appropriate amount of money in the envelopes available at the gate and mark on the outside that your are from the Cobra Club. Then seal the envelope and deposit it in the metal box by the envelopes.

The BBQ food is supplied by us so and we are charging the same as last year, $5.00 per person for all you can eat burgers hot dogs salad and drinks. It is VERY important that you RSVP with the number of people so we will have the proper amount of food for you. You can respond your RSVP to me at mikeykap@comcast.net

Howard will let you know where the southern folks will meet. Anyone wanting to join the cruise from the northern group can meet at the same old spot as last time. The main Salinas Airport parking lot off Hwy 101 between 9:30 and 10:00. If the northern folks need to reach me, my number is 831-624-1456 and on the day of the cruise my cell is 831-402-1873.

This cruise is not only open to us Cobra owners, but anyone that wants to join us. So if you have friends or know of clubs with any type muscle car, hot rod or sports car, please invite them to join us. Just make sure they RSVP for the food and pay the entrance fee for the park and mark the envelope with cobra Club. So Spread the word.

There will also be a professional photographer there to take pictures like last year and we will be parked right next to the lake. So shine up your car.

Last year it was cold and wet in Salinas, but not quite raining. By the time we hit King City the weather had gotten up in the 80’s and at the Lake it was in the low 90’s. So wear layers.

The BBQ will be at the main marina lower parking lot at South Shore. Anyone that can not make the meeting times for the cruise can meet us there at the lake at noon.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Last years Cruise and BBQ was a smashing success, so lets try and do even better this year.

Best to all and tell your friends.

Michael C. Kaplan

Old 03-22-2009, 12:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2808 Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Is anyone from the Mountain View Breakfast group going for the ride down to Lake San Antonio next weekend. Originally I thought I would go then voted for the Tank Tour. Now that the Tank tour is no longer an option, the ride down 101 is back on the calender. If anyone is up for the trip we could meet up and head for Salinas together and then to the lake. This ride does requires a longer leash then the normal breakfast run but you never know, the hot dogs may be worth it.

Jerome & Jo Ann