Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     
Default Don Raye Says Its In

Don had a good day today. You may have seen him posting questions on CC to help him along on his 408/418 build (it started out as a 408 and grew to 418). It was assembled and ready to go in. A couple of us dropped by to provide extra hands to guide his new stroker into the engine bay.

Don pumps it up while Ed steadies the beast.

Open heart surgery

Ed makes final adjustments while Don bolts things up underneath.

Success!

Don smiles after successful surgery.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beast "Grabber Orange"/Silver stripe w/418W 520HP full roller, T5. and: Backdraft #814 RT3B "Black Label" "Magic Black"/Sterling Grey stripe, 408W, full roller, 475HP, T5
Not Ranked     

I just want to thank Paul and Ed for their critical help in getting this install done well and efficiently.
The whole thing went very well and we had the new 418 full roller (which should produce about 550 HP at the crank) in after only 20-30 minutes.
Would have been a bear to do alone and I really appreciate their help. Cobra folks seem always willing to help out their Cobra fellows and are the best!!
Hope to see the rest of you BACC guys and gals soon at some of the upcoming events and shows, etc.
Don't forget that we North Bay Cobras have a regular monthly breakfast or lunch each and every first Sunday of the month. The next one will be in Greenbrae, Marin County on Sunday April 5th at 10:AM at the "Wipeout Bar and Grill" in the Greenbrea shopping center right off 101. All BACC members are always welcome to join us this coming and every month.
Again, Thanks to Ed and Paul for their help on this project and I'll have the car finished up in time to drive it to the April 5th club brunch where all can see and here the beast.
Hope to see many of you at the "Not Knotts" weekend as Jacquie and I will be going to that one. Or consider taking a drive up to Greenbrea, Marin this April 5th and hang with us for the brunch!
Warmest Regards, Don & Jacquie Raye
Old 03-23-2009, 03:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

nice job don! if that armando pan doesn't work out send it back, i need it now, engine on the hoist looks like one of them caterpillar units.

looks like you did a nice job on the engine and the cobra is sweet looking also.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

Nickname for car "Citrus Buzz" .
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 03-26-2009, 10:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beast "Grabber Orange"/Silver stripe w/418W 520HP full roller, T5. and: Backdraft #814 RT3B "Black Label" "Magic Black"/Sterling Grey stripe, 408W, full roller, 475HP, T5
Not Ranked     
Talking Car , valve cover, and air cleaner color

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANAVIA View Post
Nickname for car "Citrus Buzz" .
Thanks but no thanks on the "Citrus Buzz" name.
This would be better named "Parnelli's Passion" since the car and the engine accents are all in "Grabber Orange" which is a Shelby color and the one Parnelli Jones chose for his Shelby race cars back in the days when he raced for Shelby.
So let's be respectful of our roots and Mr. Shelby and Jones as they are where it all started. Somehow I don't think either of them (nor I) would want their car named after a lemon.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

I was thinking of the Orange Flavored Monster energy drink when I saw it. (Ingredients caffeine, guaran-na-na-na, and apparently PPG parnelli yellow) --

http://fourwheeldrift.wordpress.com/...t-color-names/
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 04-05-2009, 11:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Racing MKIII Roadster 347
Not Ranked     

Congrats on the transplant. I have to say I LOVE that oil pan!!!!
Good luck on firing it up.