Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #633, 351w stroker, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     
Default May North Bay Cobra Brunch

Hi Gang - Here is a note relayed from Lowell & Nancy Fenny regarding the May 3rd Brunch:

The North Bay Cobra Breakfast group is scheduled to meet at Filippi's Pizza Grotto on Sunday, May 3rd in Napa CA. Brunch (actually early lunch) happens at 11:00AM when the doors open. Tom, the owner and grandson of the restaurant's founders has been a friend of ours since 2005. The restaurant is situated on the corner of First Street and McKinstry, not far from the wine train in downtown Napa. We will have a separate banquet room for our "breakfast group." The menu consists of traditional Italian food, sandwiches, pizza, beer and wine. See the link below.

Nancy and I used Filippis for a rehearsal dinner prior to our wedding and tried their family style service. It was really great, and we got to sample and share many of the items on the menu. If enough folks are interested we can set up one table for family style. Of course you can order off the menu as well.

Click here: Filippi's Pizza Grotto - Serving Authentic Italian Food For Over 50 Years !

Fred and Carol showed us how to block off parking and at 11:00 AM in the morning we should have little competition for parking spots. In any case I'm gonna steal Fred's cone and tape idea from last month and block off some spaces for us.

We are still looking for ideas for a post breakfast cruise and would welcome suggestions from the group. I hope to have some ideas soon, but for those folks over towards Santa Rosa, a trip up Napa Valley through Calistoga and then back to 101 through Alexander Valley is a beautiful ride.

We will send out another reminder to try and get an approximate head count a little closer to May 3rd. We hope to see all of you in Napa next month!

thanks,

Lowell and Nancy

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Old 04-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Bob,

The link to Filippi's Pizza Grotto didn't appear in your post above.

Here's the link: http://www.realcheesepizza.com/web/locations/NV.html

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 04-24-2009, 06:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beast "Grabber Orange"/Silver stripe w/418W 520HP full roller, T5. and: Backdraft #814 RT3B "Black Label" "Magic Black"/Sterling Grey stripe, 408W, full roller, 475HP, T5
Not Ranked     
Default Shaping up to be a good time!

The North Bay group will have their monthly get together at Filippi's Pizza Groto in Napa on Sunday the 3rd of May as planned. We will then be taking a group drive up Silverado trail to Calistoga, cruise through Calistoga come back down highway 29, and cruise through St Helena, and then stop at "Taylor's Refresher" in St Helena for good byes and thirst quenching or more food.
Taylor's is a truly great old timey (50's-60's erra) hamburger stand/diner with picnic tables and lawn in the back. Drinks run from milkshakes to beer and wine and the food is great also. Gourmet burgers to Mahi Mahi fish and chip and all your 50's food favorites like cherry Coke's made with real cherry syrup, great onion rings, etc. It will take you back to high school(or before)!
We hope for a good turnout like our last month's brunch in Greenbrea in Marin. Anyone from any of the Bay Area groups are always welcome and encouraged to attend and bring the ladies.
The brunch will be at 11:AM so "be there or be square".
You can RSVP by email to: LFennie@aol.com or to: donraye@prodigy.net so we can get an aproximate head count please. But come anyway if you don't have time to email us.
Regards, Don & Jacquie Raye
Old 04-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

Hi Everyone,

I think it may be helpful to RSVP here so Lowell has an idea of who is coming. There is a slight chance of showers but that could change for the better. Low 70’s could turn out to be nice driving conditions. The Valley is beautiful this time of year.

I’m looking forward to our little get-together here in Napa and the drive.

See you soon and hoping for nice weather too!

I'm In!

John
Old 04-28-2009, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cutting Edge Replicas, 427 World block SBF, TWM Injection
Not Ranked     

weather permitting, girlfriend permitting, I plan to be there for brunch. Curtis (FFR) and his wife also plan on being there, weather permitting, work permitting ... Not sure about the drive after .... See you there!
Shell Valley Daytona #27
Old 04-29-2009, 03:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beast "Grabber Orange"/Silver stripe w/418W 520HP full roller, T5. and: Backdraft #814 RT3B "Black Label" "Magic Black"/Sterling Grey stripe, 408W, full roller, 475HP, T5
Not Ranked     
Default North Bay Cobras reminder

Hi all, Sorry about the big mistake I made in my reminder note yesterday(to the North Bay Cobras mailing list) regarding the time.
The lunch/brunch is 11:00AM as Lowell noted so be sure you have that correction instilled in your mind, (and not my mistake).
I am wondering if anyone in the North Bay Group or elsewhere is interested in meeting up somewhere on the 101 corridor to drive over to Napa as a group, much as we did for the Greenbrea, Marin lunch last month?
I may be the only one coming from Petaluma this month since Paul is not able to make this one but there are other from Santa Rosa or north.
So if anyone has any ideas on where to best meet that would be convenient to those of you from Santa Rosa/north and to Novato/south please let us all know and we will try to form some consensus on the meeting point(s) to drive over as a group.
I would be happy to keep it here in Petaluma at the 101 Lakeville Hwy. exit "Park & Ride" as last month for those north of there but someone may have a better idea since I am NOT one who knows Napa well or the best routes to get there.
I suppose Hwy. 37 is the way but there may be other ideas. I was thinking that maybe meeting here at the Petaluma Park and Ride like last month and then meeting the southern (Novato/Marin) folks at the intersection of Hwy. 37 and Lakeville Hwy. The problem would be that there is only the side of the road to park/wait there unless someone can think of a wide spot or something nearby? I guess cars meeting there could just pull to the right side shoulder at the end of Lakeville Hwy. just before the stop at the Hwy. 37 "T".
Some of you "brainiacs" out there must be able to come up with a better plan for a good place (or a couple of them) "on the way" so let's try to form a group and drive over together somehow. So don't be shy about telling us.
If it turns out to be rainy and we're in the daily drivers I guess we need not do that but still could if we wanted.
At any rate I'm open to someone putting forward a plan if anyone is willing and I'll go wherever it is decided or we can use the one I outlined above.
Don & Jacquie

Last edited by donraye; 04-29-2009 at 03:49 PM..
Old 04-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

Sounds like a great time. Rain or shine, we always have a good group show up.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance w/452FE, FFR Spec Racer for NASA TT
Not Ranked     

Nancy and I drove up to Taylor's Refresher in St Helena today. We met Matt who will be in charge on Sunday. He liked the idea of all the cars......, of course we brought ours to show off, and although he can not guarantee to save us enough spots to park together he will do his best. It was a good meeting and I have confidence we scored some points with him. We will call him Sunday when we know more accurately how many cars we will need space for.

In any case, there is parking in the back so we will be fine for our good-byes and one last drink break and bathroom call before heading home.

We also stopped at Filippi's Pizza Grotto and all is fine for Sunday morning at 11:00. We will have our own room which is not booked by anyone else for our day.

It was great seeing folks from the East Bay and South Bay last month and we hope some of you can make the trip up here for a little Napa Valley hospitality and road trip through the vineyards!!!! See you all Sunday!!!

Thanks,

Lowell
Old 04-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Lowell,

I'll come down early on Sunday to hangout with you and Nancy. I'm hoping for one of those fresh and beautiful puffy white cloud spring days in the wine Co.!

See you soon, John
Old 04-30-2009, 11:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Sound like a fun time!

Hi Lowell and John, We are hoping, preying, and doing the "anti-rain" dance so Sunday will be nice wine country weather. But it it does turn out to rain a little we're coming in our "other" car anyway.
We hope to see some Nor-Cal, East, and South Bay folks there like we did in Marin last month, as well as "the usual suspects" from the North Bay group.
We'll be there for sure rain or shine!
See you all then, Don & Jacquie
Old 05-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Where’d all this rain come from Lowell? It was looking promising last night, well, at least between 9 & 10.