28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 08:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2108
Not Ranked     
Default Alice's - The long way (up 1 from Santa Cruz to Pescadero and up)

Okay, I'm thinking of joining the Alice's crowd some upcoming Saturday morning. Anyone else want to connect in Santa Cruz and head up the coastal route to Pescadero, then up to 9 from there?

It'd be a pretty cool run?

Anyone? Got-the-Bug Doug? ShelbyRacer?

Anyone else in the Santa Cruz area?

DD

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 05-10-2009, 09:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ooops. I mean La Honda road...

DD

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 05-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Doug View Post
Okay, I'm thinking of joining the Alice's crowd some upcoming Saturday morning. Anyone else want to connect in Santa Cruz and head up the coastal route to Pescadero, then up to 9 from there?

It'd be a pretty cool run?

Anyone? Got-the-Bug Doug? ShelbyRacer?

Anyone else in the Santa Cruz area?

DD
Sounds good to me Doug. That's always a great drive and you have a number of options depending on the fog on the coast. If it looks like the coast is socked in, I usually just take 17 and meet up with the group in Saratoga, then up 9 to Skyline. Then come back on 84 to 1. Lot's of different routes available.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 05-10-2009, 11:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4788 with a Dawkins performance 490 ci iron genesis block hydrualic roller
Not Ranked     
Default absolutely!

Missed this week end, but we could always hook and and go again or somewhere else. SCCC -Santa Cruz Cobra Club ... ? .
John(;-)
Old 05-10-2009, 07:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I was thinking Alice's to connect with the rest of the BACC guys---however, heading down to Seascape for breakfast is something I've been kicking around. They have a great brunch menu, and the views from the resort are outstanding, not to mention the drive.

I just drove up to Half Moon Bay via 1 this morning (in my SUV, unfortunately). All I thought about was how fun it'd be to take the Cobra up that highway.

Shelby Racer: I met a guy while heading into the Ace hardware who stopped to look at my ERA. Said he had a SPF, and lived on the same road you're on. You know anyone out there with an SPF?

DD

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 05-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I was thinking Alice's to connect with the rest of the BACC guys---however, heading down to Seascape for breakfast is something I've been kicking around. They have a great brunch menu, and the views from the resort are outstanding, not to mention the drive.

I just drove up to Half Moon Bay via 1 this morning (in my SUV, unfortunately). All I thought about was how fun it'd be to take the Cobra up that highway.

Shelby Racer: I met a guy while heading into the Ace hardware who stopped to look at my ERA. Said he had a SPF, and lived on the same road you're on. You know anyone out there with an SPF?

DD
Doug,

Do you know if the guy with the SPF in Scotts Valley is familiar with Club Cobra? When I bought my car, the folks at Dynamic in Reno mentioned that there was another SPF owner in Scotts Valley, but I didn't have any other details.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 05-10-2009, 09:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I told him about clubcobra, and he seemed interested, but he hasn't contacted me here yet (unless he forgot my name, a.k.a. "Dangerous Doug"---hard to imagine...).

If you come across him, ask him what he thought of that cute twenty-something blond that wanted a picture of my car...

(I ended up taking a picture of her sitting in my car with her cell phone for her. She was thrilled, but I think she'd rather have me take her for a ride around the block...)

DD

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 05-10-2009, 10:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

I could be convinced to do a breakfast run to seascape-- from LOS GATOS!!!

Down ; 76 station in saratoga ; 9 saratoga over to LG, hwy 17 south , - hwy 1, seascape. -- food

--back; hwy 1, to 9 santa cruz --up 9 to saratoga.

or >?
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 05-11-2009, 07:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance :Sold
Not Ranked     

ANOTHER IDEA,

Meet at San Gregorio Store 9 to 9:30,
brunch, Half Moon Bay / Pacifica / Other idea.

Just a thought ------- -------

Lane.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4788 with a Dawkins performance 490 ci iron genesis block hydrualic roller
Not Ranked     
Default He is my neighbor

Quote:

DD
I saw the car in his garage when I moved in 2 years ago, never saw it move from there. went down and introduced myself - told him about nor cal saac and club cobra (even dropped off back issues of "driven") and have never gotten him to take it out. Oh well, I am not sure why he doesn't want to play with us or by him self.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Love to see the picture...

Quote:
I told him about clubcobra, and he seemed interested, but he hasn't contacted me here yet (unless he forgot my name, a.k.a. "Dangerous Doug"---hard to imagine...).

If you come across him, ask him what he thought of that cute twenty-something blond that wanted a picture of my car...

(I ended up taking a picture of her sitting in my car with her cell phone for her. She was thrilled, but I think she'd rather have me take her for a ride around the block...)

DD
I just broke up with my 20 something girlfriend at theend of January so I could always use a female freind who likes cobras (the ex - was not hat impressed, but then again it broke down on us once and I was constantly trying to get it running).
Old 05-11-2009, 10:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Breakfast in seascape sounds great

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANAVIA View Post
I could be convinced to do a breakfast run to seascape-- from LOS GATOS!!!

Down ; 76 station in saratoga ; 9 saratoga over to LG, hwy 17 south , - hwy 1, seascape. -- food

--back; hwy 1, to 9 santa cruz --up 9 to saratoga.

or >?
I have been meaning to go down there for a while....
Old 05-11-2009, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Shelby Racer: Your love for trouble staggers my imagination---20-something girlfriend?

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 05-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #185, Shelby Alloy 482; sold
Not Ranked     

We're getting our windows cleaned this Saturday. I could use a long run in the Cobra which could include Alice's and Santa Cruz.

President
SCC (Saratoga Cobra Club)
Old 05-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I missed the drive to Alice's last weekend, so I'm up for run on Saturday.

Alice's works for me (I love the big loop over to Saratoga to Alice's and and down the coast), but I'm flexible. If others want to propose a different flight plan, I'm open. Earlier is usually better for parking and open roads.

President SCCC (Santa Cruz Cobra Club)

Old 05-11-2009, 11:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default sounds good to me

As of right now, I am totally down for a cruise saturday. I went down to monterey to hang with my engine builder today and the car ran like a champ!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default If that impresses you, I have waaaaay better stories!

Quote:
Shelby Racer: Your love for trouble staggers my imagination---20-something girlfriend?
Ask me some time about living the S.A.S. life style, a SEAL shore patrol officer and an ex MOSAD agent - three different situations that truly show that God really does love me!
Old 05-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Broken Record: Soccer game in Cupertino at 10:30 AM, but before 9:30 AM or so, I may be good to go.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4990-shelby 427
Not Ranked     

Who is your engine builder in Monterey?
Glad to see you got the suspension issue fixed
Old 05-12-2009, 01:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Santa Cruz run to Alice's this Saturday?

Up: 17 to Saratoga, up 9 to Alices.

Back: La Honda road to San Gregorio beach, then down 1

What time should we leave?

DD

"You're kidding, right?"