Club Cobra Eight Stack Injection  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Bowtie Snakes

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Midwest Classic Insurance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Shell Valley Companies
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Shell Valley Companies
September 2014
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 04:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdoug View Post
I don't know. I have a warming drawer in my cobra. Some would call that excessive. I call it my glovebox.
Oh come on now. Glove box? That is just plain wrong. What's next? Portable BBQ in the 12V outlet?
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct vintage 427 SO, standard bore/stroke
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Oh come on now. Glove box? That is just plain wrong. What's next? Portable BBQ in the 12V outlet?
I have a 12v outlet, but I need to remove the passenger seat to install the BBQ. That was a good suggestion of yours.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
What's next? Portable BBQ in the 12V outlet?
Everyone knows that the 12V outlet in a Cobra should be plugged with an LED Voltmeter.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdoug View Post
I have a 12v outlet, but I need to remove the passenger seat to install the BBQ. That was a good suggestion of yours.
Not if it was one of those George Foreman grills.

If we're talking about BBC's in Cobras, then what about non-stock paint jobs like Patrick's titanium paint with black stripes. I don't remember any "original" Cobras being painted in that color scheme.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
...then what about non-stock paint jobs like Patrick's titanium paint with black stripes. I don't remember any "original" Cobras being painted in that color scheme.
It's not titanium; it's beige. And it was available on original Cobras. No one simply afforded themselves of that option.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOERA-SC7XX View Post
but I don't think those who live in glass houses should throw bricks.
How about shoot BBs? I dislike chebbies in T-bucket replicas to, does that count?
Old 05-25-2010, 04:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovehamr View Post
How about shoot BBs? I dislike chebbies in T-bucket replicas to, does that count?
With that avatar, you can say anything you want.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliber View Post
...my GF has been asking about a roll bar for her side, I reckon I'll be single again shortly.
I'd offer to buy her a helmet. If she doesn't accept...... well, she's just being difficult.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thats brilliant!!! I'll let her wear my full face motorcycle helmet next time were out.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliber View Post
Thats brilliant!!! I'll let her wear my full face motorcycle helmet next time were out.
I'd just figure you were riding with the Stig.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     

Quote:
then I have to say that "dual roll bar" Cobras may have to follow them down into the same dunghole.
Who would commit such sacrilege???

E
Old 05-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Wow guys ... quite a thread!

Well, I don't have any Cobra stories yet ( my ERA is still under construction ) but I do have an observation.

I think many on this forum would agree, one of the greatest car collectors of all time was Bill Harrah. For any of you that went through his collection (as I did in the early '70's) before it was broken up, can attest to the amazing quality and quantity of the cars ... all of them as best I know were 'stock' and operational. Evidently Harrah was a stickler for having each car correct.

Some of the collection still exists at the National Automobile Museum and what really caught my eye when I visited a few years ago was one of Harrah's personal cars, the 1977 Jerrari Wagoneer. He also had a Lincoln with a Chrysler motor in it, if I recall correctly.

So here is someone that clearly knows cars, can have pretty much any car in the world and chooses to have some one of a kind cars. In a similar fashion, Jay Leno certainly knows automobiles too and he has a few 'different' cars as well (the Leno Toronado for example), along with his 'correct' cars.

What's the point ... people like what they like, and sometimes the more knowledgeable the person, the more unusual the car.

Just my .02
Old 05-26-2010, 05:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkb289 View Post
Wow guys ... quite a thread!

Well, I don't have any Cobra stories yet ( my ERA is still under construction ) but I do have an observation.

I think many on this forum would agree, one of the greatest car collectors of all time was Bill Harrah. For any of you that went through his collection (as I did in the early '70's) before it was broken up, can attest to the amazing quality and quantity of the cars ... all of them as best I know were 'stock' and operational. Evidently Harrah was a stickler for having each car correct.

Some of the collection still exists at the National Automobile Museum and what really caught my eye when I visited a few years ago was one of Harrah's personal cars, the 1977 Jerrari Wagoneer. He also had a Lincoln with a Chrysler motor in it, if I recall correctly.

I went through that collection many times when I would be working over in that area. Even got to know the machinists that worked on the cars and they let me sit in the GT-40 that won Le Mans in 1966. He had started collecting World War 11 fighters and such also. One he had just gotten still had grease and gunpowder on it from the firing of the machine guns and a couple of holes in it where a German fighter had shot at it. That was the greatest collection ever I think and I wish Nevada had stepped in and taken it over to keep it intact. I even rode the old two decker busses they ran downtown that had came from England. That was a great place to spend a day or two when you were there.

Ron

So here is someone that clearly knows cars, can have pretty much any car in the world and chooses to have some one of a kind cars. In a similar fashion, Jay Leno certainly knows automobiles too and he has a few 'different' cars as well (the Leno Toronado for example), along with his 'correct' cars.

What's the point ... people like what they like, and sometimes the more knowledgeable the person, the more unusual the car.

Just my .02
That was a great collection and I spent many days there when I would be working in that area. I got to know the machinists that worked on the cars and they even let me sit in the GT-40 that won at Le Mans in 1966. But they refused to let me drive it in the parking lot. Never could understand that. HA!!

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 05-26-2010, 12:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Brock Coupe #88, Keith Craft 427w
Not Ranked     

Peter Brock just put a LS7 in his Daytona Coupe, so consider yourself to be in rare company.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 With Roush 427SRTW. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Man, this thread took a hard left turn about three or four pages ago.