17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 05:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL427SBF View Post
The problem I have with all of this "bell theory" is that you are not striking the outside of the block with a hammer
I gotta tell you guys, this is all very interesting n'all, but any SOB who smacks my Roush 511 8 stack BB with a big friggin' hammer just to hear any sound or feel any resonance better be able to run fast cause' when I catch him I'll sure n' hell will ring his chimes with my lead mallet.

Patrick, need a favor, can you work your magic and transfer the video that AL427SBF posted: "Close enough I think YouTube - Brett-Test-Run-5-12-2011-01200.AVI , so I can hear what being proposed. I cannot get YouTube in China. I would be great full to you for this help.

Thanks, John AKA, tin-man
Old 05-15-2011, 06:57 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin-man View Post
Patrick, need a favor, can you work your magic and transfer the video that AL427SBF posted: "Close enough I think YouTube - Brett-Test-Run-5-12-2011-01200.AVI , so I can hear what being proposed. I cannot get YouTube in China. I would be great full to you for this help.

Thanks, John AKA, tin-man
See if this gets through: TestRun

BTW, I was really tempted to dub in audio from a '68 VW Bug, but I left it "as is."
Old 05-15-2011, 09:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

patrickt you should have, that would have been hilarious!
tin-man, if you can't access, PM me with email address and I will send you the .avi file.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
See if this gets through: TestRun

BTW, I was really tempted to dub in audio from a '68 VW Bug, but I left it "as is."
Patrickt, thanks, I got it downloaded after about and hour then it took forty five minutes to buffer, but finally came thru and was worth the wait, sounds great but is missing that deep gutteral sound of a big block beast on steroids being gobsmacked.

AL427SBF great looking engine, my congratulations.

Cheers, John,AKA, tin-man
Old 05-19-2011, 09:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi Tech Cobra Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     

I bet its been said before in this thread but.... Carroll Shelby's 1st choice for engines was Chevy. So in essence we are building cobras that CS wanted in the beginning. Im also reminded of the 3 Chrysler Hemis that were built then disappeared. I have a Contemporary type chassis with an LS6 and M22. I'm tempted to leave it the way it is but I recently bought a Contemporary body so the clock is ticking. Ive accumulated a lot of FE parts and a T56 made for an FE so Im still undecided. No matter what car is built your always going to find SBC's in some. I say as long as its AMERICAN ITS OK WITH ME.
is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not to the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."' Patrick Henry.

Last edited by Michael4yah; 05-19-2011 at 10:45 AM..
Old 05-19-2011, 10:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary 482 all aluminum Tunnelport Self built and owned since 1980 frame#0000017 and owner of frame CCX 33961 looking for an FIA body to go with it
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Mike View Post
How many of those engines actually contained any Ford parts? Most of them are built from aftermarket parts that have been designed around a particular basic design. About the only thing common with the original engine is the placement of various bolt holes.
Just like all the GM and Mopar's that are in the competiton. They all abid by the same rules.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I used to take the most guff from fellow Cobra owners.. The Vette guys loved me though.. *grin*
Old 12-26-2011, 11:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra2 View Post
I used to take the most guff from fellow Cobra owners.. The Vette guys loved me though.. *grin*
Not surprised that Vette owners love men.

E

Last edited by Great Asp; 12-26-2011 at 06:10 PM..
Old 12-26-2011, 11:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Ass View Post
Not surpised that Vette owners love men.

E
There, that's better....

J/K
Old 12-26-2011, 06:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by undies View Post
There, that's better....

J/K
Vette owner???

E
Old 12-27-2011, 03:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes... and so are a lot of others here too. Your generality was pretty tasteless.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for reinforcing my thoughts...

E
Old 12-31-2011, 08:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Asp View Post

Thanks for reinforcing my thoughts...

E
My, my that's a big *****. tin-man
Old 12-31-2011, 12:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance#2352/Aluminum SO/490 c.i. 650 h.p. 605 tq.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Asp View Post
Not surprised that Vette owners love men.

E
keep hoping sport
Old 12-31-2011, 01:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi Tech Cobra Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     

Lest we not forget. Carroll Shelby's 1st choice for power/drivelines was ALWAYS Chevrolet. "Caint we all just git along"?
is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not to the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."' Patrick Henry.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael4yah View Post
Lest we not forget. Carroll Shelby's 1st choice for power/drivelines was ALWAYS Chevrolet. "Caint we all just git along"?
That's true, it may have been his first choice, but it didn't make the final cut.

I wonder what all else was considered but not chosen?
Old 12-31-2011, 02:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar LS427, 408w, 48IDA Webers, TKO 600, 9" Currie 4-link 4.11 rear
Not Ranked     

I have a solution! On a certain day at a certain time we ( the members if this forum) will get together and have a pity party. So it's easy to remember how about January 2nd at 2pm PT.

A this exact time all Cobra owners, replicas or originals, from around the world will say a prayer and sigh a very large "ahhhhhhhhhhh" for all of the people who were naive enough to think that they would not get a negative reaction when showing their car. In fact, let's not just do it for the author of the thread, but let's do it for every owner who felt they got their feelers stepped on when they were asked "is this a kit car?" and they did not know what to say, so they had to post the question here too.

Also, let's also remember at this time the guys with SBF who also could not believe that someone would say something negative like "why don't you have an FE in it?" - we need to have a pity party for the guys who had no idea that was going to happen. Let's do it also for the guys who are not fortunate enough to own an aluminum bodied car just to be asked "is this aluminum or fibre glass?" for the 3,000 time. For the people who did not know that was going to happen, let's include them too!

Again - I want to be clear, I am not saying we should do this for everyone who has a Chevy under the hood in their Cobra, nor am I saying we should do this for all of the replicas or "kit cars" either, as well as everyone who has a SBF in their Cobra - I just think we should do this for the ones naive enough to not know someone was going to say something and that something was going to be negative, even unexcusably harsh at times. If I am forgetting a certain group, let me know, we can include them as well - hell, we don't want to hurt anyone feelings do we?

I think this should help these people, maybe it would make them feel special, warm and fuzzy. Perhaps by doing so, we can keep topics like this from popping up in the future.

Who's with me! How about it, who's in?
Old 12-31-2011, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #647 brushed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
I have a solution! On a certain day at a certain time we ( the members if this forum) will get together and have a pity party. So it's easy to remember how about January 2nd at 2pm PT.

A this exact time all Cobra owners, replicas or originals, from around the world will say a prayer and sigh a very large "ahhhhhhhhhhh" for all of the people who were naive enough to think that they would not get a negative reaction when showing their car. In fact, let's not just do it for the author of the thread, but let's do it for every owner who felt they got their feelers stepped on when they were asked "is this a kit car?" and they did not know what to say, so they had to post the question here too.

Also, let's also remember at this time the guys with SBF who also could not believe that someone would say something negative like "why don't you have an FE in it?" - we need to have a pity party for the guys who had no idea that was going to happen. Let's do it also for the guys who are not fortunate enough to own an aluminum bodied car just to be asked "is this aluminum or fibre glass?" for the 3,000 time. For the people who did not know that was going to happen, let's include them too!

Again - I want to be clear, I am not saying we should do this for everyone who has a Chevy under the hood in their Cobra, nor am I saying we should do this for all of the replicas or "kit cars" either, as well as everyone who has a SBF in their Cobra - I just think we should do this for the ones naive enough to not know someone was going to say something and that something was going to be negative, even unexcusably harsh at times. If I am forgetting a certain group, let me know, we can include them as well - hell, we don't want to hurt anyone feelings do we?

I think this should help these people, maybe it would make them feel special, warm and fuzzy. Perhaps by doing so, we can keep topics like this from popping up in the future.

Who's with me! How about it, who's in?
So are Kirkham owners with nice FEs excused from this pity party?
Old 12-31-2011, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Don't forget to feel sorry for all the poor original Cobra owners who get asked "Which kit is that?"

Happy new year everybody!

(Former Vette owner and big fan of the new ZR-1)

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 12-31-2011, 05:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar LS427, 408w, 48IDA Webers, TKO 600, 9" Currie 4-link 4.11 rear
Not Ranked     

Buzz,

Good point, but the original Cobra owners won't be included because they are smart enough (I think) not to go on web forum and whine about it.

I think the qualifications must be specific;

- you must be very sensitive
- exhibit low "common sense"
- you are not a rebel, you need a shoulder to cry on (see point one)
- you are waiting for the perfect car show or event where there are ten Cobras, some built with Mazda rotary engines, some with donor parts, some without doors and no paint. Regardless everyone asks the owners what original model it is, treats them with respect and EVERYONE (all ten cars) win best of show!
- Or you did not know people were going to question how and why you built the car the way you did, even if the guy happened to be named Carrol and was once a chicken farmer.

I have another idea! How about I develop a consultation program where you guys can send me a payment of $1 (Paypal accepted) and I will consult you as to what to expect and say once you take your car out into the public. For an additional fee, I can even give you a script as to what to say for difficult questions like;

- is this a kit car or replica? That can easily confuse anyone....
- what kind of Mustang is that?
- wasn't that the car in Austin Powers?

Or the most feared and treacherous comment.....

- why is your distributor behind the air cleaner on your Ford?

I am even coming out with an iPhone app! Yes, for a limited time you too can be part of this (for a dollar). Of course, since this is a big issue here and some of these questions and answers are beyond my comprehension I will need an advisory committee. A group of close minded people who can immediately relate to the common needs of the retro-sexual Cobra owner.

$1 is a steal! Who needs help?