3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-20-2001, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I was wanting to hear any feedback (except why not use a ford; LOL)on putting a 400 small block chevy in a ffr kit. I really like the kit and I called them and tried to ask if anyone had done this before but the guy I spoke with acted like i was bothering him and didn't really care to help me. He wouldn't tell me if I would run into any major problems or he wouldn't say that he just did't know either. If anyone can give me any feedback it would be very welcomed.
Thanks,
Jon (jwrdn)
Old 03-22-2001, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Jon,
If you want a 400 SBC in your FFR I say go for it. I don't think the manufacturer is
going to put in the mounts for you. That
is something you will have to do. This is
not a difficult task. If you don't feel that its within your ability then any street rod shop will be glad to stick in those mounts.
If you aren't completely sold on the FFr please call Midstates or Shell Vally, they
offer Chevy powered options in their kits.
Also Everett Morrison offers them too.
If you do put a chevy in an FFR you would most likely be the first one.
So keep your nomex suit handy cause you
might get flamed on these forums for it.
Lots of folks here think that its sacralidge
to put anything but a ford motor in it.
It is a replica Jon so put in whatever
trips your trigger. The main thing is have
fun!
Your Friend,
BT SNAKE
Old 03-22-2001, 09:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ultima GTR, chebby stuff
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Jon,
Drop Jim Riddell a line at Riddell462@aol.com
or call California Custom Cobras at
219-605-0931 he has an FFR that had a 468 all aluminium SBC running injection at 680 horsies. That wasn't enuff so he is building another that will turn 10K and put out 750-800 ponies. He is a gear head and a ball to talk to. Tell him I sent ya'.
Later,

Greg
Old 03-23-2001, 04:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
greg ,it's 435ci but that was close call me i have your sleaves and the phone number is 209-545-4653 my cell is 209-605-0931 i emailed the guy and got no responce fron him. i have a set of headers for that combo also a polished weber manifold .the new motor will be done next week then i can get it on the dyno and spiner up should make 2.2 hp per c.i. 4.185 bore 3.50 stroke 6.125 rods motown block 18 deg. heads (brodex) ,2.11/16 hilborn inj.4 stage dry sump and last but not least pete ardemeas overhead cam kit i will post a picture when i get the heads bock from the porter . jim
Old 08-22-2001, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default I'm Putting A Chevy In A FFR

Jon, hey you are fighting the same battle many of us have fought and I am fighting. As far as FFR is concerned they told me they would sell you a frame without the engine or trans mounts no problem. The only other thing they said is you would have to get the exhaust custom because of the footbox they use they have to custom their ford pipes so your going to have to get the exhaust custom. If you find or know of a good place to get this done I am looking for the same. I am putting a 383 in mine. It should turn out 548 hp & 537 # torque. Let me know what you find out. And yes people do look at me like I'm the devil when I mention putting a a chevy in the cobra.
Old 09-16-2001, 06:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via Yahoo to mountain_man4u
Not Ranked     
Default Header Setup for Small Block Chevy

If you need headers for the small block Chevy Engine call Kustommetal Works at 1-208-482-7197 $1000.00 for the headers and $300.00 more for the coating plus shipping and handling. He has a 4 to 6 weekes back log so order early! I hope this helps ypou guys that are all Americans all the way!
Yours Truly
mountain_man
Bill Davis

P.S. Currently building a Hunter Cobra Kit Car! It uses Corvette suspention so I figured why not Chevy engine too! I'm not predjudice! I just have a love of cars and 100 % American!
Old 05-01-2002, 04:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: shell valley
Not Ranked     

Good jwrdn I to have a sb 420 that is ready for my car have been quiet about the motor (was not quite ready for the flake yet) but used to run in circles and had a motor with more money than cent ( the other one) so why not?
Ken McMahan
Old 05-01-2002, 04:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Perhaps the only downside of running a Brand X motor in a Cobra is that most of the Ford/Cobra clubs that run open track will not let you run unless you got Ford Power. So you can run with the Corvette Clubs.
Put any motor you want in it. If it don't have CSX in the serial number it don't matter anyway.

McCranky