Old 01-10-2007, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindrrrr
Hey Edley, got it!! Thanks!!!
Does that give you any ideas? Feel free to change anything, if you like.

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 01-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

yea its good!!

Lets do Humphreys later on in the spring, for this first one, maybe keep it simple and easy for people that drive a little farther.

Rick Parker, this means you too!!

John Peterson, this is a valley group!!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance with 460
Not Ranked     

Cindrrr, I live the name Central Valley Cobra Club. And I like Sharroll's idea for a logo. Very creative and very effective... good idea Sharroll. Let me know when the first meet is.. wont' have the cobra done yet but will still show up...Atmking
Old 01-10-2007, 09:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     
Default Club meeting

I have already made a few calls to people in the Fresno area who do not frequent the clubcobra site. I will continue when I get time to set up a list.

I also thought about Humprey's however it would be hard to find for people who are not in the area as Jamo pointed out.

Morgan LeBlanc
gone-n-60@msn.com
Fresno
Old 01-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Atmking, at this point, it also may be a weather issue, and if it is, I think its fair to say we might all be driving different cars!! Ones with heaters and tops!! Thats OK!! I just want to get this off and rolling so to speak, and the Dam diner (no I am not swearing!!) is easy for those coming in off the fwy to find.....its a straight shot across to Friant.

But of course its going to be georgeous sunny bluebird day, no fog, and a Cobra drive is in the works!!! Please come down whatever your driving!!

Theres a couple of guys in Modesto that need to join you, I am hounding them via email also!!

Jamo is 11:00 too late, or is that about a decent time for a morning brunch and still get you time to be there? Just say the time that works with your schedule.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default January 27 first meet for Central Valley Cobra Club Yeah!!!

sorry atmking, a date would be good here!

January 27.

we'll work the particulars out at the brunch for future and regular meetings/brunch/lunches!!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk 3 408 530 - 585 T- mustang Dyno at B&R
Not Ranked     

You California guys can drive over to Phoenix if you are bored....How is that car driving Cindrrr?
Old 01-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Fitz! the car is running like a champ....a few little tinkerings I need to do, but overall just a great car. Its going back up to Gary as soon as he has time to dial some things in.

as cold as it looks to be here soon, AZ is looking like the place to be!!! Of course its probably cold desert over there too! I have to get the heater switch fixed on my car, its stuck on high & HOT, and while thats nice in the winter, its sucks in the summer!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 10:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk 3 408 530 - 585 T- mustang Dyno at B&R
Not Ranked     

Good to hear the car is running good. Since I replaced my 460 that blew up on the dyno (I had too much crap on the engine), I put Levy's 408 in with some goodies. The thing is really fast and fun to drive. Keep it running. I still like that dark blue color.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Cindy for CVCC President!

See what happens when you start something on the internet with a bunch of people who love Cobras, before you know it you'll have to find a place with a large enough parking lot, rooms, and tables just to host you.

We are all watching CVCC history unfold right here in front of us. You got the Passion!

Last edited by decooney; 01-10-2007 at 10:38 PM..
Old 01-10-2007, 10:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I dont know about any Presidential stuff, I am just tired of driving my car by myself when I know there are so many Cobras around this valley!! One Cobra is great, 10 are better, 200 rock!! This is going to be alot of fun!!! There are SO many places around this area that are terrific for drives!!! I HATE having my car in the garage....it belongs on the road rumbling and roaring not just sitting there.....arrggg
Old 01-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Its great to have connections regarding those pesky security issues like car corrals!!
Sounds like a plan!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Sorry Cindy...deleted it by mistake instead of saving an edit. Duh

Anyway...Clovis Chamber of Commerce has tentatively set the Strawberry Festival Car Show for June 2 at the Clovis Rodeo Grounds. Rods, customs and classics...by invitation only.

I'm a member of the Board of Directors and one of the events folks, so I can make sure we get a good corral location.

I'll keep everyone updated.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindrrrr
I dont know about any Presidential stuff, I am just tired of driving my car by myself when I know there are so many Cobras around this valley!! One Cobra is great, 10 are better, 200 rock!! This is going to be alot of fun!!! There are SO many places around this area that are terrific for drives!!! I HATE having my car in the garage....it belongs on the road rumbling and roaring not just sitting there.....arrggg
Well said.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Cindy,

I just finished reading every page of this thread and it sounds as if you have something really great going there. I must confess to laughing when I got to the HONDA part. Good luck with getting everything going and after a few meetings to get things organized, you will have a great bunch. Believe me I know what it is like to go driving by yourself as we have only a few cars up here and none of them will drive with the others. So I make my runs to the old mining towns and Lassen by myself. Jamo, Turk, Pat, and Daniel did come up once for the big April car show but Jamo couldn't find the Adult Book Store and won't come back.
Good luck and hope you get started soon.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 01-11-2007, 06:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Ron!! I know, its going to be fun, and I intend to get as many people around this valley together as possible! There are Cobras up and down this valley and its nuts to not have group events!! There is one in my town that was a surprise as its a pretty small town!! We tried to track it down and make it '06 Bash Aware, never could find it. Theres been sightings!! I think it must not run that goood.......

As far as the Honda name, thats ok.....Edley may lose his hat, and well, Duane, anyone who fesses up to selling them has been there. Just as long as no Honda trys to pass itself off as a Cobra
Old 01-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default January 27

Ok Rick, but the next one you better be there!!! JUST because the next meeting is in Modesto area, hmmm maybe we better make the 2nd meet in the Bakersfield area......

its cool, work is important, this I understand!!!!

we're going to have to coolest, loudest?, funnest, group of Cobra people and when we do the south route, we'll get a group from SoCal to meet us??? (maybe) and the north route the NOrCal group can meet us????

Just a thought....
Old 01-11-2007, 03:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     

The South Valley meeting location should be Willow Springs!
Old 01-11-2007, 03:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe under construction
Not Ranked     

or Buttonwillow? I haven't even ordered the car yet, but count me in.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Willow Springs & Buttonwilllow

Now that sounds like a plan!! Track time!! I'm in!!

Might be interesting to look into track info while I am at it and check on their schedules.....Ive never been to Willow Springs, would be happy to go to either track!!