Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 09:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     
Default I would feel terrible if I didn't at least let everyone know...

I have taken in a full bodied, full frame of a CR's 'VIRGIN' Cobra on trade for a complete partial build/paint job. I had every intention of keeping this last known untouched CR Cobra for my wife and I. Visions of one last spectacular build; A new Ford GT 500 motor, complete electric tilt front end, fully independent rear end, and the wants/wishes list was long and spectacular for my final build.

Reality hits hard.... It has come to real reality and I was now entertaining just selling off the last 'untouched' CR Cobra to pay more than my share of bills.

I waited until 5 AM yesterday and finally forced myself to officially make this car known- on "Craigs List" no less! (I knew I should have tripled the price! )

As of tomorrow, 11-22-09, I have three people coming from all over the State of Michigan to see what I have. I fully expect it to sell, but I started getting guilty pains by not mentioning it here before I said "I Do!"

So... if there is someone in Club Cobra Land that is or would seriously want to make an offer on this ***Kit, by all means let me know asap.

*** Classic Roadsters Cobra, Kit form; full bodied (Un-touched), full frame (Un-touched!), many of the kit parts, BUT NOT ALL! However, many, many other parts needed to build one of these cars that would NORMALLY be purchased separately ARE included.

Simply make make an honest offer and we'll go from there.

IF I DO SELL TOMORROW OR EARLIER, I WILL POST IT IMMEDIATELY

DV

IF.. you do not want to invest the time or the risk of e-mailing or posting threads by all means simply call me at 231-869-4608.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

DV, I called you about a week ago about building my kit. I put $500.00 down for kit in August 1992. Its a 1993 frame with 1998 body almost complete with MSO. It is also a virgin kit with the only work done being painting the frame. Now we have 2 known unmolested kits. This is my first post and I look forward to starting this project soon. I do have many parts like AVO coilovers, tubuler frontend, Corvette brakes rotors, 86 Mustang HO drivetrain, Compomotive 16'' wheels, steering column and most parts to finish. Man was my exwife mad when she found out I had found and bought back my car after loosing it in divorce. Life is sweet. Sunman out.

Last edited by sunman; 11-22-2009 at 11:47 AM..
Old 11-21-2009, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Welcome to "HERE!"

Someday I would like to hear the "Divorce-Cobra" story!
DV
Old 11-21-2009, 02:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

DV, Its a very sad but now funny chapter in the book of this cars history. I couldn't have done it without "A little help from my friends''. Hey, his name is Ed too. I'm out to the shop now to sort out what I have and get started. This site is very inspiring! Check ya later. Sunman out.

Last edited by sunman; 11-22-2009 at 08:40 AM..
Old 11-22-2009, 07:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: '99 Classic Roadsters 427SC
Not Ranked     

Sunman,

I would like to welcome you to this wonderful and educational (thanks to all the other Club Cobra Members, especially DV) forum. I have been a member since the purchase of my Classic Roadster in 2004. Having said that, this is my first post. You stated you called DV from "Okla City", I currently live in Choctaw and was thinking we should exchange contact info.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Ed - As always, be cautious (read paranoid) when selling stuff on CraigsList. Good luck on the sale of your car.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it

Last edited by Got the Bug; 11-22-2009 at 09:15 AM..
Old 11-22-2009, 10:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Doug,
I couldn't believe the offers I have had from C-list! A lot of them were tracked back to China no less - and - not one of those were legit! Thanks to my #1 (and only one) son-n law, who tracked these few people down for me! And they actually thought I was going to turn 'MY' Cobra over to them! Ha....
DV
Old 11-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
Doug,
I couldn't believe the offers I have had from C-list! A lot of them were tracked back to China no less - and - not one of those were legit! Thanks to my #1 (and only one) son-n law, who tracked these few people down for me! And they actually thought I was going to turn 'MY' Cobra over to them! Ha....
DV
Yep, you can't let your guard down for a second. Cash in hand on the sale or meet somebody at the same bank that the cashiers check is drawn on.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 11-22-2009, 12:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

jrite8888 Thanks for the welcome. I would rather not exchange info due to what DV is going thru right now. I sell lots of things on C list and have learned not to trust anybody. I meet people in public places that have cameras ect...ect. I'm looking forward to meeting at a car show in the future. Two Classic Roadsters at the same cruise ,what a gas. Sunman, grilling some T bones, hangin with my sweetie, out.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sunman,
Great idea about "TV" coverage. Might as well make Big Brother work for you for a change!
DV

PS, I'm really not going through anything right now, Fell off the Turnip truck long ago, but I was a little surprised that the 'CL' scam was originating from CHINA and not Taiwan!
Old 11-22-2009, 06:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: '99 Classic Roadsters 427SC
Not Ranked     

Sunman,
That works for me. I will look forward to seeing another Classic Roadster at the local car shows.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

DV,
Hey, you've never said, did the car sell? Is there a MSO? What were the Chinese trying to do? I still sell a few 66 Mustangs and parts on C list and I'm amazed at how many people don't call back when I don't give them my home address. I've had people from out of state calling about guitars I've listed who wanted me to ship the guitar to them and they would pay me later if they like it. Ya, I'll ship that right out!

Turkeyday and still warm enough to do a little lake kayaking. I've gotta rig a sail.

Sunman
Old 11-25-2009, 06:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

sunman,
Still got her,,,, now the only qualms I have is either keep it listed or just "keep it" ?
NO, legitimate receipt is all NO MSO.

Didn't stay in touch with the Chinese to get their full plan!
DV
Old 11-28-2009, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Tri-County Cobra Club here in Southern California has two Classic Roadster members and at one time three showed up. Our faithful leader has one, and when I can attend....well that makes two. Next meet is Sat. Dec 5th, getting out the duster and polish.

John
Old 11-28-2009, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I can arrange California Shipping!
DV
Old 11-29-2009, 12:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic ND 427 big block 427 ford with tri power I know the 427 didnt come with tri power just wanted something different. 9 inc. ford rear end top loader four wheel dic brakes.
Not Ranked     

I have a 1992 Classic. Five of us brought our cobra at the sametime and all live in Port Orchard Wa. I did not pick my Cobra up when it was done as the other four guys brought there Cobra home on one truck. I was working 12hrs days and had just lost my wife. Classic closed there doors in ND and all I got was the frame and boby. I took me while to get parts together to build the Cobra as when classic when under it was hard to find anything, there was no web site or e mail at the time. I did get the Cobra built and she is still running today. no cracks in the boby or frame after seveteen yrs. I grown to love the shape and they reall;y hook up good when there built right. Mine is the only one left in the area.

Andy
Old 12-01-2009, 09:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Update:
12-1-09 Waited three weeks that I promised a guy from the U.P. of Michigan, but as it goes, he never showed or called. Moving on, two more of the Michigan group showed up, saying they thought that maybe their eyes were bigger than their combined talent and were afraid they wouldn't get it together.

Moving on.......
DV