Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Classic Roadster Build

Hello out there in the Cobra universe. Look, I need help, really. I'm will to pay for it too. I have a CRII under construction from the early 90s (laddered floorboards). I'm missing some key parts:

Seats, at least a decent pair of frames that will fit. I have someone that reupholster them or recover them if the color is wrong. I've tried the usual places on Ebay and a couple shops. I'm reluctant to spend big bucks on high dollar leather seats in tan unless I can be sure they'll fit my floorpans.

Rollbars, I want driver's and passenger side in 2" steel that I'll powdercoat. I've found someone who build the driver's side, but to do the passernger's side he needs the car in person and I just can't do that.

Spillwell for the Lemans Cap, once again, specific to the Classic Roadsters II body from the older mould.

That's all I know for know, but I'm hoping some old builders of these cars out there can help if the have jigs or old inventory laying around to get rid of.

Patrick Johnson
540-798-6292
Old 06-24-2010, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Patrick,
I assume you're the same Pat I talked to yesterday. Seats need to be ordered custom and not from England. I think the widest you can use is 23.5 inches wide but I can check on that for you if you want?

The Gas Well is already made for you - No changes in it from the first Rutherford Cobra to the last Cobra Don put out.

By the way "Terry Gattrell's check did not come yesterday, NOR did it come today. ?

DV
Old 06-24-2010, 07:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ed, I'm disappointed in Terry certainly about the check, I received a call back from him today but wasn't there to catch it. I guess I'll end up going with the single hoop that you mentione unless my shout out to the community yields some spare parts at hand. At this point I feel like I'm throwing money down a hole anyway, so spending $1300 on what I really want won't help at this point. As I mentioned, it just seems impossible that I would be able to get the car over to you without consider trouble and cost for the double hoop. I'm just an inch shy of telling Terry I don't need rollbars, just finish the car.

I did post some pictures of what's there now, if you want to check them.

Terry measured the pans and said the maximum base width was 18". Most of the seats I check out are usually within that spec. I had a pair of custom covered MR2 seats that I was led to believe would work originally but after I sent them to Terry, he rejected them saying there were just too big, scratch $600 worth of leather covers and labor, thank God I had those seats left over from another project.

Patrick
Old 06-25-2010, 06:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

DV...any experience or opinions on using " mid '90s two door Acura seats "
, reference is the article in Kit Car Builder, August, page 20 & 21, installed in a Lone Star

While not the traditional Cobra style seat. just looks like an alternative to be considered, with or without the headrests.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don,
Although I haven't used them I have heard and seen some Cobras with them.
I liked them especially with the head rests.
DV
Old 06-26-2010, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Patrick,
As of 6-25 NO word from Gattrell or Mrs Gatrell. Thought you might want to know. If ANYONE else I would have already sent the GasWell. Someone - SOMEDAY is going to take this guy to Michigan's Attorney General.

If His check/money order hasn't arrived by Monday I will send your "well" anyway. At least he'll have it and can't blame the hold up on the 'WELL".
DV
Old 06-26-2010, 12:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 427
Not Ranked     
Default CR Seats

I have a pair of tan vinyl seats from around 1999 for a Classic Roadster. $150 for the pair plus shipping. Do not have seat track though.
Bien Hoa 1968
Old 06-26-2010, 03:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The seat tracks for a CR can be had through Jegs or Summit!
DV
Old 06-30-2010, 08:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Rollbars

Ed,

I did talk to Terry immediately following our conversations. He claims that a miscommunication between he and Deborah has called a delay in the payment. I wish you hadn't sent the spillwell, I know you were trying to help. I'm taking this pretty seriously, if you don't receive the payment by Friday, I'm breaking it off with Terry and the build.

I would like you to complete the two rollbars. But like I said, please call me before you email them. I may have the car back by then. What's frustrating to me is that Terry has known about that spillwell for months. I keep holding out hope that he will come through but I think you're concerns are valid at this point.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Patrick,

I popped your spille-well out of he buck to mail it to terry. I found flaws in it and DID NOT send it yet. I am making you a new one as we speak. Your call, do I send it to you or Terry? As of today June 30th-two weeks after he said he mailed the money order, and of course I still don't have it!

Your call?
Ed -DV-
Old 07-01-2010, 02:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Spill well

Ed,

I don't understand. When I talked to you Tuesday afternoon, you said you had sent the spill well already. Now, two days later you're just removing it from the form and have not sent it to Terry? Is this an old message???
Old 07-02-2010, 08:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

badvnom,
MY bad. I just get in too much of a hurry trying to answer questions and e-mails. Sometimes I don't take the full time to explain a comment or building "something". OK, from the start Diane runs most of my errands for me, (I drive anymore like I type and talk.) Diane took the original well to the Post Office and was getting ready to mail it, SHE noticed a crack in circular edge of the Well where I had pulled it out of the mold to early or maybe when I dropped it. I asked her to bring it home and instead of fixing it I just made you a new WELL altogether. The above pictures are of your new well coming out of the buck. SO... since I have not heard a word from Mr. Gattrill either by phone or E-mail you tell me where you want it sent??? If it goes to you there is NO charge, IF it goes to Gattrill ( FROM ME) then he does owe me $65.00 !

Hope this clears up any problems?
Guys if you get an answer from me and you don't think it is complete, LET ME KNOW-please!

DV

PS. Patrick, My offer still stands, if you want to pick up your car and you wan't a little moral support, a little muscle ( ) , just support, I will be glad to meet you at Gattrill's. Like to meet him anyway.

Pss. Anybody have "SMILEY59's" email address? I have looked all over Club Cobra for it and Not getting anything!

Last edited by Double Venom; 07-02-2010 at 11:43 AM..