Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     
Default cpteddie your nightmare IS over!

Cpteddie,
You said you would sell the car to Okie, but he is in Ohio, you told BBQ...that you would sell the car but he too needs an MCO, George Lamb from Ill. wrote you wanting the car, but like the others George needs the MCO too!

Well the bottom line is I DON'T! Mrs. DV told me to buy the car back and end all your anxiety, and the thoughts of putting a match to your Cobra will be able to come to an end.

When she found out that you REALLY were going to sell it she told me it was time we had a Cobra back in the Family and she couldn't think of a better one other than the original DV-I.

So YOU get your motor and tranny pulled, OR I will charge you the same price I gave everyone else to pull it out-$350.00.

Now you wont have to worry about going into your garage and getting sick every time you look at it!

Since I know ALL the problems, from a leaking gas tank, (never did after three attempts tell me if it was an A.R.E. fitting or the tank.) (Unless I missed a post somewhere?), customizing that was done, etc. again you will not have to worry about a thing!

INFACT I WILL SIGN A FULL LEGAL RELEASE OF ANY WARRANTY'S, GUARANTEES, OR THE CONDITIONS / STIPULATIONS OF ENTIRE VEHICLE WITHOUT ANY STIPULATIONS, WHICH ALSO WILL INCLUDE FULL KNOWLEDGE OF KNOWING I DO NOT NEED AND MCO!

Tell me where to send the check or I will have it bank transferred/wired to your bank, OR if you want to bring it over I will pay you CASH AND DEDUCT $100.00 FOR THE COST OF REMOVING THE ENGINE/TRANSMISSION.

Don't think it can get better than that.

I will come and get it, you can bring it over, TELL ME WHEN AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE COBRA OR THE STATE OF ILL.

DV

P.S. Never had a chance to buy one of my own back!
I assume you still have my address , directions, phone number. I know you know you can get in touch with me here or through P.M.-ing at least 20 hours a day!

Last edited by Double Venom; 11-27-2010 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: Time Stamping: 12:25 P.M., 11-27-10
Old 11-27-2010, 12:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII 351W/408 Stroker
Send a message via AIM to capteddie
Not Ranked     

So.....

First WOW (for more than a couple reasons) !!!

You want to buy my car but you have the melons to say your going to charge me to pull the motor and trans.

Lets's address that first. All I have to say to the charge to pull the motor and trans is....

Camera
Laptop
broadband card
pipe bender
plasma cutter
2 CR roll bars to be used as patterns
power probe
email account

Do I need to go on....

So lets say we do this deal. Your NOT CHARGING me anything to pull the motor and tranny, period.

So lets say we do this deal. I will bring the car to you (at no cost to you) Knowing how you have a past record for providing deliverables on a timeline/schedule. How long would it take to pull the motor and trans? Do I get a hotel room for a weekend? Do I come back in a week to pick it up? Do I buy a house down the road and wait? (all more $$$ out of my pocket and not yours)

So lets say we do this deal. Lastly.... cash deal $10K in cash. In my hand as soon as the car rolls into the shop.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Okie, BBQ, George and everyone else who has either contacted me or shown interest in my car.

DVs offer does not mean a deal has been done. I am having trouble with the state of Illinois in getting my MSO back. I'm still working on it and will continue to. His offer with regards to the fact that he has no concern about not having the MSO or a title is interesting.

I'm not sure he can pull this off, so sit on the side lines and let the dust settle.

I apologize for getting some of you salivating at the chance to get a car that has had well over 50k spent on it for a mere 10 or 20 thousand. The last chapter of this story has not been penned in ink yet.

-ed
Old 11-27-2010, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cpt..,

OK, Everyone that has called me, written me, emailed me until now since my E-mail quit working today, (?) has felt all along that you have been trying to somehow back out of selling your car.

Maybe the case, maybe not?

MCO- As you should know since two, but maybe just one Cobra I built for a guy here in Michigan never did get his MCO from Don, You have met the guy and his car IS registered as a 2004, 1965 Ford 2dr REPLICA. MICHIGAN DOES NOT REQUIRE AN MCO NOR DO THEY EVEN WANT TO SEE IT IF YOU HAVE ONE. So WHAT "IS TO BE SEEN?"

Read the Michigan Department of Rules and Regulations/Department of Motor Vehicles Revised Code or even make a phone call to The Honorable Jeniffer Granholm, Governor or maybe the States Attorney Generals Office to find out yourself.

Now all that stuff that you mentioned, you forgot two used flat screens too. You bought the roll bar bender so I could make YOUR FOUR POINT which my cost just just under the cost of the bender. I could go on for pages that have been done and never reported on building your car and pieces multiple times after your changed your mind. Never mind the hours that I paid to have a electronics expert come in and try to figure out why your remote system was "junk"- his words not mine, then removing it all and running 99.5% of your wiring INTO the frame rails, making your special front cross member to fit in front of your engine to hold all the options you wanted to add.

Making you a special GAS TANK PICK UP (That may or may NOT be leaking?) for your special motor so it would never run dry regardless of the "Course" unless you ran out of fuel!

Not top mention hours of modifying your "Serpent Express Trailer" ramps so the ramps would not come off loading and unloading your car---WHICH THEY DID-Damned near tore the nose off your car the first time they were used! Very,Very Lucky I was able to get the car off the trailer without falling!

But then of course, modify and reinforce the Serpent Express to properly install a winch in the nose of the floor.
All of this and so much more was time that I was blamed for taking too long on your car!

Honestly I didn't expect a thing extra from any of that stuff. I honestly felt all the extra things I DID to your Cobra easily cancelled out the parts/tools you supplied (To work on YOUR car).

Guess not. Just so "They" know I NEVER ASKED FOR ANY OF IT! Please feel free to openly correct me if I am wrong!

Ok, I'll let you have it your way, I, obviously in your opinion did not give you a fair shake, so; I WILL PULL THE MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION FOR ABSOLUTELY FREE!
Your the one that POSTED that you would pay to have the motor pulled, I guess I didn't count. No problem!

To bad so many people that watched this "BURNABLE COBRA" including George Lamp, Mrs. DV, Tom Larson, and hundreds if not thousands of people looking over every move I made on this car AND DOCUMENTED On THIS WEB SITE, are "salivating" for it!

Mr. Ferguson, as far as I'm concerned once YOU posted the above post it has been "PENNED IN INK!" and LEGALLY SO. It may NOT be EBAY but by LAw it does not have to be. Being in Chicago I'm sure you have Internet Attorneys that can confirm. I have met your demands and I will have the CASH in hand before you even remove the car from the trailer!

All the car has to meet is it is in the same shape that it was when it left my shop.

This is obviously what you wanted, and now you have got it on your terms. I'm sorry this thing has indeed gotten dirty, not my wishes, but it obviously is done and I have come up with the best solution I know how.

As you well know PENTWATER, MICHIGAN has beautiful homes from acres and acres of secluded forest property, to multi-million dollar homes on the "Lake". Give me the word and I can put you in touch with some very good REALTORS!

TIME WISE: A FULL 7 day week to pull your motor and transmission. That's it. Hotel, two trips, camping out, buying a home is up to you!

Oh and by the way, I never ONCE asked you for anything extra! NEVER. I did tell you if you wanted a four point I needed a bender and parts. The "I-Pod" was a total surprise when it came in the mail, thank you again. The Laptop was a used one along with the screens you had in a "Closet" and that I was welcome to them especially since they were better than anything I had. Again, Thank you! Camera, wow, I had one that quit right after you brought your car in. You supplied me the camera so I could take all those pictures of your car. Of course I have used it for personal reason too and once again I Thank You. "Power Probe" never heard of the thing until you walked into the shop and handed me one! And once again I Thank You.

Enough is enough, this is ready to be put to bed. Up to you..........
Just give me notice when and that I have enough time to get to the Bank and back. Any particular denominations?

DV in Full.
P.S. I ASSURE YOU HE, ME, DV, ED COMBS CAN PULL THIS OFF!

Last edited by Double Venom; 11-27-2010 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: 7:31 P.M. EST. 11-27-1O
Old 11-27-2010, 03:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WOW your a trip...

"Being in Chicago I'm sure you have Internet Attorneys that can confirm."

LOL no, but my wife has 3 of them on her side of the family.

The car is yours and lets just stop beating this dead horse. I'd prefer to let you have it and not go through the on going issue with the fine state of IL to find my paperwork or let let someone else deal with its "issues"

I'm heading to NJ and then DC tomorrow. I'll bring the car over on 12/4. I'll be back on 12/12 (7+1) to collect my engine and transmission. ("TIME WISE: A FULL 7 day week to pull your motor and transmission. That's it.")

Cash is king! All quarters.... Oh well wait hundreds will be OK
Old 11-27-2010, 04:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Done. So it shall be.
DV

Last edited by Double Venom; 11-27-2010 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: 7:24 P.M. EST 11-27-10
Old 11-27-2010, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
Done. So it shall be.
DV
End of story.........

Somebody please shovel the dirt back over this and do the 4 corners.....
Old 11-27-2010, 08:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Just dreaming at this point
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by capteddie View Post
End of story.........

Somebody please shovel the dirt back over this and do the 4 corners.....
Thank God!

Listening to the two of you piss and moan back and forth between each other is like being forced to watch back-to-back episodes of "The Golden Girls" with your eyes and ears taped open.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Well Slider, you could have just not clicked on the post.

I feel sorry for the guys that were on the list first for a good, no, great deal and are now OTL.

JMO
Old 11-27-2010, 09:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wow what bewilders me is how you two can meet in person, drop off car, come back and pick up engine and transmission and not get into a brawl.

You both deserve credit for not getting the attorneys involved, or maybe you were both too ignorant to get them involved.

I dont know, but in Texas I fear this would have resulted in multiple gunshot wounds, and maybe for the better, JUST JOKING LOL
Old 11-28-2010, 04:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tcrist,
I have or will be sending a PM to everyone that was on the assumed list that I know off. I will title the car here in Michigan and get a legal VIN, then we will see what is to be seen.
Sorry Canada, I know better than to even try!

Until I get my E-mail server set up, I will need to be reached by PM's-sorry. This soap opera has a long way to go!

So, anyone that has contacted Cpteddy or me about his Cobra and feels they were shut out please PM me with your name and phone number. I want to contact everyone of you, especially the time and date that you first PM'd Ed about the car!

About guns and Lawyers, believe it or not I still have a tremendous respect for Ed, He just got into the wrong car, experienced to many set backs, spent to much money on un-neccassary and replacement parts. His frustration level was reached just a little to soon. About the Attorneys. I think we both know what that outcome would have been and done nothing but add thousands to the cost of the car. Ed can proceed to his 34'cp(?) now, getting a car he can truly fit into and drive safely. I think everything is now amicable
allowing all parties involved to "Move On"!
DV

Keeps things motivated around here, don't ya' think? NO carpet Baggers on this side of the Lake!

Ah just a chance to write A new chapter: How to pull a motor and auto without damage to the car.
Changing from an Automatic to a T-5, putting in the Clutch assembly and hooking up a proper cable. (Been asked how to do that more than once!)

Motor will be a SVO 351 Stroker(?)- the rest of the car needs nothing to suspension, steering, etc.

I think I will/might add a "removable" 5th down bar to the Four-Point, Goes from the left center of the bar,straight down and forward on the left side of the passengers arm, attaching to the right inner frame rail. (Much like the DV cars) Acts as a great arm rest/Chicken bar for the passenger!

(This bar will require covering if it is put on a track, suspected times- 12's? or less.)
RPM's +/- 1900 at 70 mph in 5th gear?
Shuld be a greet car with the right tires at Run N Gun!

Everything right now on the Re-build is just speculation- this part is really fun!

Last edited by Double Venom; 11-28-2010 at 05:02 AM..
Old 11-28-2010, 07:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider701 View Post
Thank God!

Listening to the two of you piss and moan back and forth between each other is like being forced to watch back-to-back episodes of "The Golden Girls" with your eyes and ears taped open.
Dude!!!! Thank you so much for the early Sunday laugh my a$$ off!!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

DV,

Just picked up a trailer. Will have the car loaded up tonight and will be on the road by 6am CST tomorrow 12/11.

We got a dusting of snow last night, so the roads are a bit sloppy right now. Tomorrow is suppose to be a mixed bag weather wise on this side of the lake. The car might need a bath when its gets to you.

Not much I can do. Nobody is renting enclosed haulers over here for some reason.

-ed
Old 12-10-2010, 12:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A bath is expected and in order to finish the final buffing! Looking forward to it. Be careful! The weather is not bad here at all, nor are the roads. Now Sunday is another matter, 8 to 10"s by nightfall and then another 8" to plus unknown over Sunday night. (Never heard them say "Unknown!?" Makes me nervous!

Looking forward to tomorrow, bucket, hot water and sponge ready to go!
DV
Old 12-10-2010, 04:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
A bath is expected and in order to finish the final buffing! Looking forward to it. Be careful! The weather is not bad here at all, nor are the roads. Now Sunday is another matter, 8 to 10"s by nightfall and then another 8" to plus unknown over Sunday night. (Never heard them say "Unknown!?" Makes me nervous!

Looking forward to tomorrow, bucket, hot water and sponge ready to go!
DV
The car is on the trailer and strapped down ( just as a winter storm watch was issued ) got the cover on it for the night and will pull it off in the morning. Now lets hope the weather holds till I drop it off to you.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Just dreaming at this point
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Now Sunday is another matter, 8 to 10"s by nightfall and then another 8" to plus unknown over Sunday night.
Maybe the two Ed's will be trapped in the snow storm together, break out the hot chocolate, and make some smores together and put this relationship back together.

If they are stranded long enough they can have an "Extreme Cobra Weekend", "Pimp-my-Cobra", or "Overhauling" moment and finish the car off together.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Edit: Double post of all things?

Last edited by Double Venom; 12-11-2010 at 02:06 AM..
Old 12-11-2010, 01:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wow,
You guys sure have taken this thread wrong! At least from my point of view. Ed wanted a fabulous Cobra custom made, and like every new Cobra owner, wanted it now. (Relatively speaking anyway.) Ed simply took the car home before it was "knowingly finished" then found some things that he just wasn't happy with and likely so. Leaking modified gas tank/fitting- bad thing in any capacity, then a "shameful" display of not finalizing the car and leaving the "test" bolts in place for the roll bar instead of the actual "correct length" bolts! Never did that before and I assure you it will never be done again-at least out of my shop.

I have preached safety about these cars for 40 years or more, I even "tried" to form a safety guide like the NSRA uses 15 years ago and caught every kind of hell you can imagine on this web site! Strictly on a volunteer basis, the same rules and guidelines the NSRA demands. But I felt like the #1 Democratic nominee for President! Geesh!

Ed is a Big man...especially compared to me! I made the car as ergonomically as possible for Ed, dropping the floor, modifying the interior especially the rear firewall, changing the dash, etc. More changes needed to be made for him especially since he got the car home and got to examine/use it more. Lot of things that were very custom and just did not work out. All of which Ed poured a lot of money into and they were either faulty components or simply did not or would not work and had to be removed. Dozens of areas from CR-II with faulty construction, (one of the last bodies that were delivered from CR II) like all of the hinge plates that had to be cut out / re-glued, re-fiberglassed in place. Just adding days and weeks to the build. Then he gets it home only to find the rear license plate was so thin the special "Jack Nuts" I use in areas like this actually pulled through the glass! (This will be fixed absolutely permanently by inserting a steel plate behind the license plate holder and the fiberglass.-Daring it to pull through again!)

AND a biggy that I was absolutely responsible for but none the less totally embarrassing AND dangerous! I don't even remember if he posted about this, When his car was ready for the custom interior, (Which held us up months, three special trips to the upholsterer -150 miles-). Ed's car was the hardest Cobra I have ever manually had to push! As big as Ed is, and two other people pushing the car, simply leaning on the car and it should have pulled a "wheelie" and left burn marks on the pavement! In reality it should have been a Huge red flag to yours truly that something HAD to be wrong. But no, for what ever reason it never entered my mind. I wanted to make up for time lost and get his car done!

Took it to a very, very professional shop to have it 4-wheel aligned (Straight axle no less but with custom rear adjustable arms) and to change the transmission to an AOD to work with his 3:73 gears. Again a small fortune spent, new tranny, torque convertor etc.!

Horror's AGAIN, his brand new totally awesome expensive motor refused to start again, (Blown power valve on his new Holley! OK, now three BIG men and me pushed Ed's Cobra into this shop for the work to begin. An hour later I got a call from the owner, said they found a problem, hem-hawed around and finally after being told, "Spit it out" what problem now!? Seems in the haste to get his car done I called one of my friends in to help out install the front wheels and a few other things. Now this guy was no rookie in any sense, has owned his own shop for almost as long as I had. He self admittedly, after seeing the "Bad parts" this shop had found, determined the Front Wheel Bearings where put in "BACKWARDS!. Bearings totaled, of course, races gone, spindles scratched, ego flat as a skipping stone and of course more money and more delays while all the parts were replaced/repaired!

So much for trying to gain time!

And of course Ed who was taking all this in, I called him every time and told him about the glitches that kept popping up. Ed was emotionally great regardless of the problems, cost, time lost, cost of Rolaids and Pepto-Bismal!

Buffing: I actually "Planed" Ed's paint job. Very long and tedious process, then wet sanded it with 600 Wet/Dry paper, then 800 W/D paper, then started the Buffing. The way I finish a custom paint job requires at least three full buffing treatments. By the time #2 was finished the car was looking pretty damned good! Also by this time Ed's car was late by months! Ed wanted to take his car home! His friends were questioning him weekly wanting to know when his imaginary Cobra was going to show up?

Ed wanted to know about buffing, said he was taking the car home and he would put the final buff coat on over the winter. I showed him a few buffers, the compounds that I used and a real quick lesson in buffing. I think he even posted here -somewhere- asking the forum if anyone had ideas on what type of buffer they used and where to get a good deal on one?

This is about the time the dull/glazed spots on the body showed up, the gas tank started to leak - months after it was done! (?). The roll bar bolts that were too long, the trunk fiberglass.

If the shoe was put on my foot I think I would have gotten a legal DV-Hunting license!

Ok, Ed's lost his abnormally Hi-level cool, and simply said to heck with it. AND, even though everything was fixed or corrected and what wasn't, was going to be. (WE even picked a new start AND finish date!)

Ed decided he had had enough! Time to move onto another/different project.

I know a very large Lot of you watched his car from the first bolt to what should have been the last. You saw the body fitment, a lot of the customizing, almost the end of the buffing, the car did and still should look pretty darned good! But, again enough is enough. WE all know that your/a Cobra is NEVER DONE, but you should at least be driving it after a given amount of time! When Ed decided to sell, I waited for some people that wanted this special Cobra to grab one hell of a deal, it seemed to me that the whole thing was about to fall through, so I BOUGHT IT! Who better to finish this Cobra to the ENTH' degree? Besides I have been Cobra-less since I gave the original Double Venom to Cystic Fibrosis and personally since I could NOT afford to buy DV-I back what better choice then this one!

Cpteddie is very welcome at my table ANYTIME! Pass the Smores and Hot Chocolate please.
DV
P.S. Just went back and read some of the latest posts! Wow, does appear that this whole thing was getting both of us a little hot under the collar. Oh-well, never a dull moment on Club Cobra!
All is well that ends well.

Last edited by Double Venom; 12-11-2010 at 02:10 AM..
Old 12-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

DV,

Maybe because I am not right in the middle of this, but I saw this coming over a year ago.
Some posts were a bit testy and I can see both sides to this. There was a lot of stuff behind the scenes that most of the people on CC don't know and do not need to know about. That said, I hope this works out for the both of you.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters; 351w, Crane Cam, AFR 185's
Not Ranked     

Pardon my ignorance but...
How is it even possible to install front wheel bearings backwards?