Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 09:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadster II 351 win
Not Ranked     
Default dimension for CRII leman Stripe

Need help !!! My classic roadster is in the paint shop and the painter lost the dimension for he the stripe . I tried searching the threads for the lemans stripe dimension but couldn't find them. I want the double stripe with the pinstripe on each side. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 12-16-2010, 05:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

Try this.Name:  stripepattern_001.jpg
Views: 5304
Size:  38.4 KB
Old 12-16-2010, 05:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2007 BDR FR Boss 302
Not Ranked     

Get a hold of forum member Double Venom as he should know this info for you.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Reference, includes comment by DV, with dimensions by Snake.

Stripe Dimensions

Last edited by Don; 12-16-2010 at 07:14 AM..
Old 12-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL now SOLD
Send a message via AIM to jdean
Not Ranked     

I used the ones from the ERA website. The ones typically seen on the CRs are a bit wider than the original dimensions.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Sorry Bill Bess, but FFR is NOT even close to the originals OR CR's.

Rockman if you don't have the answer you want by tomorrow, I will put them on here once again. I put the measurements on this morning just in time for them to be deleted as I was pushing the "Post" button when my lap top battery turned over with little red "X's" in its eyes!
Old 12-17-2010, 02:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

To start with use the two center drilled/tapped holes at the back bottom of the windshield. Make a small but permanent small mark between these two holes. This can save your painter hours of grief trying to find center! I actually use about an 1/8th drill bit, marking the center on the body-UNDER- the front seal.

From here you can use 2" tape from front to back. This allows you to see "straight" the stripe from front to back.

The front stripe starts at the cowl roughly 10.5"'s but can be run all the way to 11 to 12"s depending on yours tastes.

Then the stripe will taper down to 8.5"'s to 10.5"'s, again depending on your personnel style.

Paint the entire center of he car, front to back with stripe color. the stripe is then masked off and stripe will be covered in masking paper. The pin stripe is normally placed 1/8th away from the center color. Move to the outside of the stripe, this time lay out another 1/8th" stripe just inside the edge of the outside. Mover outwards and 1/8th " and then mask off the edge of the stripe.

Paint the color of the car, wait about and hour with BC/CC before removing stripes. This is also the formula for the rear stripes, only they will start out anywhere from 91/2"'s to 10/2 inches then these two will taper to the rear and downward.

Believe it or not when done the stripes will appear to be parallel and NO taper is visible to the eyes!

Questions?

P.S. Haven't figured out the "?" mark for the photo's yet. Right click and then open.

Last edited by Double Venom; 12-17-2010 at 05:44 AM..