Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Double Venom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     
Default CRII as Great Lake Roadsters ?

The Feb 2011 edition of Kit Car Builder on page 26 mentions " Classic Roadsters by Great Lakes " Appears to be the CR II product line. The web site is dated as 2010.

Don't recall having previously seen the name of the company, GLR. Does anyone know the details or did I miss the announcement or old news or ?

http://sebring-mx.com/
Old 12-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

GLR is Terry Gatrell. Old news, has been around for a long time. I'll let DV tell you about him. DV knows more than anyone else about Terry Gatrell.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Terry, Hmmm, One step along side of Mr Rutherford! Know Mr Rutheford?
Terry, has/is selling cars he does not have. Terry is selling cars he never has had, nor will he get them.
Terry is advertising, on his web site, dreams and unfortunately lies.
Terry is taking deposits and orders for cars he can't get parts for nor is he legally able to do so.
Call Terry he will tell you that "At anytime, usually in two weeks" he will be the owner of all of CR's II. (That is impossible-physically and realistically!)
Terry will tell you he is working with Don's Banker to buy all the assets from CRs and should be done again in two weeks.
More than one person on this board have talked to Don's Banker personally (including me) -the involved Bank and Banker have never heard of Terry Gatrell!

Are you familiar with CMC, Streetbeasts, Fiber fab, Innovative Streetmachines? Well the Feds are and they just permanently closed them down. All it is going to take at this point is to get a few of the people Terry has promised parts, cars, labor too, is for them to file formal Complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, The Michigan Attorney's Generals Office before anybody else gets hurt.

"TERRY GATRELL" IF any of the things I say is/are NOT true and can not be proven in Court, you know where to find me! I'm sure after feeding me a line of absolute and pure BS for three years you still have my address and phone number!
By the way- DON SCOTT wanted me to tell you he really appreciates your help in him going flat broke and Bankrupting CR's II with your lies and innuendoes!

Can you still buy CR's? Lottery, inheritance, backer -(How many of those people have run, not walked away from you? How many times did you tell me you had backers ready to sign only to come up with MORE excuses why they didn't?

Can you still buy the CR's Cobra body's-NO, "CR I" still and always owned them and they aren't turning them loose! Can you"Splash" them? Sure if you can find one or talk the Canadian molders to take your check!

This post is MINE ALONE and DOES NOT Represent Club Cobra or its tributary's in anyway!
Now if you still buy anything from Terry Gatrell without at least ordering COD, don't say you weren't warned!

Being in "Curt SCOTTS " SHOES SUCKS!

"BUYER?" Damn it- do your homework!

(Am I bitter? Do I sound bitter? I hope not, just truthful. This month 12/10 I offered to help Gattrel out of a bind by offering to build a contracted Cobra he got from Don Scott, (When Don Scott thought Gattrel was real) for free! Just supply me the parts in his contract with this other party that originally wanted his car build. #1, the owner of the Cobra, not only being months and months if not years behind in Terry's scheduled build wanted to know what right I had to even ask Terry If I could help him without the owners position?!!! It was made very clear to Gatrill that this could only work IF the owner was advised well in advance and approved the work to be done by me. Then Gatrell started to rip me for trying to take a "job" away from him!

THIS was only done after Gatrell sent me two pictures of the roll bars I had made for him and his customer, complained they had to be totally sanded down and smoothed out because of the grinding marks (Which ARE supposed to be there prior to sandblasting) were too deep and the bars did't and wouldn't fit! He even sent me pictures of the two bars sitting on the back raw frame of the Cobra.

OF Course they WOULDN'T FIT! THEY WERE ASSEMBLED BACKWARDS!

I never learn...here I tried to help a guy out, 1st by selling him a complete kit at less than 1/2 price so he could full fill a Complete Cobra build he promised and took money for and never had the first part! Remember ("Scarey 59"?) He turned me down on that one as soon as I mentioned COD only! Now even though I offered to build this other guys Cobra for free that he has had ordered for years, Terry got righteously Indignant, telling me he "Had it under Control!"

I'm done...............Ask "Wreckerboy" for more info if you want it...........
5321674 likes this.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:00 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Terry & DV.......thanks

Kit Car Builder presented GLR along with 28 other vendors, section is titled as " Cobra Replica Resources Quick Reference Guide "
Old 01-01-2011, 09:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have NOT VERIFIED this, but I was told that after my latest post on "Great Lakes Replica's" that his phone had been disconnected? Anyone else tried, have a new number for Mr. Gattrell? I certainly do not want to loose contact with him OR his "Great Lakes Replica's" business!

What comes around.........
Old 01-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Now DV!!!!!

I did notice that it is now "Great Lakes Roadsters". When did he change the name?
Old 01-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

DV......the phone number listed for GLR in Kit Car Builder is:

Old 01-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That is the same phone number that is in his web site.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Heee-Heeee,
Since he LEGALLY has NO "REPLICAS" he is now in the "Roadster" business! ? Gee, remember, "CMC", Fiberfab, Innovative Street Machines, StreetBeasts, etc., etc.? How these guys stay in business for years and years is beyond me. How ever Terry Gatrell does NOT have the lousy Florida Business definitions/laws to protect him here in Mi.! Fraud is Fraud, Mail Fraud is Mail Fraud, Tort Laws ARE SEVERE in Mi., I personally hope he doesn't find this out the hard way, BUT only time will tell.

Is the "MARLENA" still on his web site along with the advertisement for "Dealers"? Classic Roadsters (I) dropped the Marlena in the mid to late '80's AND that WAS the last time they were available! Don never even had the Marlena! They were "Cute" but a true Kit Car all the way!

Stage 2, I guess is now underway. I wonder if he still wants me to be his Spokesman and Tech. support guy?

Hmm, speaking of "Tort" law maybe I should go after him for the (Now) money he would owe me--loss of employment over the last four years, $200,000.00, Money's that he would owe me personally, $1,500.00 a month for four years, plus selling fees (?), building fees? "Terry" I can verify every statement I have posted. Where do we go from here? Maybe if I get one more -proofable-report you took money and failed to deliver........

Bitter!? NOT ME, I am just sick and tired of this family of ours getting ripped off! I got taken big time by "Rutherford-CR's". Thirty years later it is time to stop this crap!

PS. I have no idea when he went to Replicas/Roadsters but he says he is still a AUTHORIZED CRII builder, still trying to sign up Dealers, Still has the Marlena listed- Oh-My!

Last edited by Double Venom; 01-02-2011 at 09:07 AM..
Old 01-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The Kit Car article has:

" Classic Roadsters by Great Lakes Replicas "
Old 01-02-2011, 05:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ClassicRoadster 4.6 supercharged
Not Ranked     

Stay away from Terry just plain BaaaaD news. He's just a wolf in sheeps clothes
Old 01-02-2011, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Just dreaming at this point
Not Ranked     

I don't know these guys from Adam but my father always told me that when someone starts mixing their religion with their business, or telling anyone how they are a Christian based business you better watch your pocketbook with both hands.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 01-02-2011, 09:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Your father is/was a bright man! I wanted to say the same thing but didn't know how. I wonder if all the money he has taken in the name of Christianity, that he has Tithed at least 10% of it?
Old 01-02-2011, 09:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

He has good hair

________
Old 01-02-2011, 12:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane, 351W bored and stroked to 408
Not Ranked     

Slider701 hit the nail on the head! I found out from experience in my younger days. They are usually the biggest crooks. As somebody once said....The price of education is sometimes high.

Sam