Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Double Venom
  • 1 Post By Mother

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 05:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     
Default Another First for DV!! WoW!

You all know that Blue & White Cobra I now own...And I thought Double Venom was fast at 133.00mph-11.00 seconds flat in the 1/4! Well whom ever Cpt Eddy had build this motor had NO fear!

I took it out today for it's initial run, I had the windshield out of the car with the posts still in place, (Easier to replace the brass inserts this way.) Each post still had the Chrome Bezels in place. That is until I hit about 1/3 throttle in 2nd gear!
Damnn, this car is fast, both bezels decided they had had enough and left me, both flying up the entire posts, around the curve... and away they went!

Good thing Finishline has extras!

All I know is, whoever ends up with this beauty is going to end up with one very Fine AND fast Cobra, even if I do say so my self.

I'll post some pretty neat pictures after new carpeting (slush box to 5-spd.) change over and when the body finally gets All buffed!

DV
Old 05-17-2011, 10:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

ED, your lucky the one from the drivers side isnt stuck in your forehead....
Old 05-17-2011, 01:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rusty,
They went straight up and out so fast, it took me a coupled of minutes to figure out was exiting the car. Damnn, this car is instant fast! Although 3.73's work absolutely beautiful, a year of two older 3.55"s or even maybe 3.08's would make a guy not urinate his panties!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
Rusty,
They went straight up and out so fast, it took me a coupled of minutes to figure out was exiting the car. Damnn, this car is instant fast! Although 3.73's work absolutely beautiful, a year of two older 3.55"s or even maybe 3.08's would make a guy not urinate his panties!
Panties?.........Is there a back story here? tin-man
Old 05-18-2011, 03:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This thing can make an old guy (like me) squeal like a girl when the back two barrels kick in!

DV
Old 05-18-2011, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

sssooo whats under the hood.....a FE ??
Old 05-18-2011, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A very serious 351 stoker! I'll post numbers when I pull the Dyno sheet out of the files.
Going through a TKO-600, and out the 3.73's
Old 05-18-2011, 07:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII 351W/408 Stroker
Send a message via AIM to capteddie
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
A very serious 351 stoker! I'll post numbers when I pull the Dyno sheet out of the files.
Going through a TKO-600, and out the 3.73's
Yes it is a very sweet little stroker you have... Let me know what the chassis dyno says, but I don't think your going to anywhere close to the numbers my 06 GT put up on the dyno tonight...

Thats on pump gas and running through a stock 5R55 automatic
Old 05-19-2011, 02:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And that aint bad!
DV
Old 05-27-2011, 05:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     
Default What Exhaust?

Ed,
What headers and exhaust support those numbers? I have a built 302 that should easily make 300 at the wheels and only does 207. It runs great, but I'm certain the headers are choking it. They had cracked and when removing them I was amazed how restrictive they are. I'm pretty sure they are identical to the factory CRII 302/351 headers with a small 4 bolt flange and less than 2 inch merged exit. I'm looking for something better that will fit even if I have to fab the connection. I don't want to ruin my depends because they have to last at least a week, but it's a shame to have such nice parts and get so little results.

I know about the restrictive side pipes and will address those as well, but that won't matter much with so little cross section at the header flange. If this is too off topic, PM me.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by cobraduke; 05-27-2011 at 08:12 AM..
Old 05-27-2011, 08:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     
Default Edit previous post

Couldn't get the edit function to save and got bored after watching the spinning arrow for several minutes (ADD I guess).

I found a photo of the CRII SBF headers. What I have on my Excalibur is not even close- shouldn't even call them headers. I can see I need something like a set of the CRII's as a starting point to opening up my exhaust. Since CR is defunct, what are the options?

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 05-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Mike,

You have a PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike,
I am well familiar with Exc. headers. If your still using the system they made up for the "cats", your right, Your headers are killing you engine! Choke, choke, cough, cough!
You need to find a stock set of CR's headers- (they will bolt in place), my guess is you will gain 25/35 useable HP!

Then modify the sidepipes and you'll think you swapped in a BB engine!
DV
Old 05-28-2011, 12:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Pm

DV,
You got mail!

Mike
Old 06-13-2011, 01:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadster,408cu
Not Ranked     
Default 3.73

DV i also put the 3.73s in and its like the engine has one big powerband !! one guy told me he went for a test drive in a fac 5 and had a gas can sitting on the rear when he got on it the tank fell off and before he could turn around he ran out of gas , all to to the laughter of his neighbors...WD
Old 06-13-2011, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I had 3.73's in Double Venom, I just don't remember "DV" having that kind of torque!
DV
Old 06-22-2011, 07:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic 427, I purchased it May 2005, the kit was bought in 1991. I'm not sure when it was completed! Installed GMPP Connect & Cruise 376/525 with T-56 S/M 3.55 gears about 2 years ago! 1/4 miles is with old setup!
Not Ranked     

The SBC headers are no better! My 388 SBC has been sitting on an engine stand from 3 months now, it's starting to drive me crazy! I have had so much stuff going on I have not had time to get into the header issue!

The Guys at Schoenfeld Headers seem to be willing to work with me! I want either 1 3/4" or 1 7/8" with 3" collectors and mufflers.
I'm looking at their IMCA Short Header.
IMCA Modified-Schoenfeld Headers

Last edited by Lightingrod; 06-22-2011 at 08:04 PM.. Reason: Photo would not work!
Old 04-28-2015, 02:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 91Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     
Default battery grounding

DV. Some time ago I read your post about proper battery and chassis grounding. Could youpost it again please. It seems I never have enough battery to start my warm 460. By the way you probrably wont remember you painted my Classic Roadster from NW Ind. Back in about 1996.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I hope your still happy with our work! For what it's worth you are the oldest
(Business wise) that I've been in contact with! Now if I could hook up with the late 70's! ��

GROUNDS: A single ground to the frame is NOT a proper ground! Battery ground to the motor/bell housing FIRST. Then using a flexible ground strap from the engine /motor mount to the frame. Your grounding problems are over! (This critical for EFI engines or any engine using electrical accessories! I.E. MSD's etc.
ironhead likes this.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Boss Replica Motors BB 460 by New Generation Engines
Not Ranked     

I have a 468 Ford BB. With a 1/2 inch id fuel line. (Carbourated) 650 reflowed to 780. Runs on shell high test. (No ethinal) Gas disappears way faster than I can wipe the grin off my face. So far no-one has caught the 50 off the dash before the bill hits the floor pan.
Double Venom likes this.