Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 02:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LS427/Roush 342R
Not Ranked     
Default Veh purchase

I am looking at a car on Ebay and wanted to know if its hard to get parts for these vehs and what everyone thinks about this veh if its a good buy or stay away never heard of this brand but like the body on it.
Thanks Scott
Item number is 180742107882
Old 10-23-2011, 03:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

Hey Scott, Classic was a good builder and a lot of other manufactures parts will work. Don't like the dash & cheap gauge's, but looks like a good car, drive train & motor . I'll look at it further in detail later.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Car Purchase

Thanks, its between this vehicle and a Factory five this one caught my eye body and Big block. The other one is a M II with a 302 same miles.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 838
Not Ranked     

Look at as many Cobras as possible before buying. There are significant differences between the various manufacturers.

Know what you want and then go find it.

It is a great time to buy. Many good deals are out there.

John
Old 10-23-2011, 03:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Although it seems like a good price, I agree with John, look around and ask a lot of questions, here and elsewhere.

Start a question list and call the company.

Don't care for the backup lighs, dash or the cheap gauges.

Direct link- Replica/Kit Makes | eBay

What's your budget ?
Engine size & brand ?
Tranny ?
Solid rear axle or IRS ?
How true to the original or does not matter ?
Used or newer/new
etc......

Last edited by FUNFER2; 10-23-2011 at 04:01 PM..
Old 10-23-2011, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA154 427 HR
Not Ranked     

By the doors, that looks like a stretched (96") cobra... just sayin'..
Old 10-23-2011, 04:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good question. But, some makes have that front revile longer so it's easier to get in the car. Have to ask the owner.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

It is a 94 1/2" wheel base and 4" wider than an original.

The headers and side pipes do not look like standard CR but it is an earlier number than mine so who knows (other than maybe DV). Maybe they are correct for a big block.

Gauges and other items can be changed to suit personal preference. Of course at a cost so you would have to make account for that if you were to put in a bid.

The tires are also a concern. Not the best for these light cars (too hard).

I have a few of the brochures that I can scan and send to you if you really get interested in it.

No it is not mine and I do not know anything about it. Just trying to help you make an informed decision.

Last edited by tcrist; 10-23-2011 at 07:35 PM.. Reason: changed wheel base
Old 10-23-2011, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have a 94" and like it very much, but the 96" & 98" is really long.......

Scott- here the info for you to look up the cobra on cobra country. Wish they had a link for each car for sale.

For Sale: 1966 Hurricane 427S/C Cobra. Ford Vermilion Red w/white stripes and black pinstripes. The BIG Picture: Click Here! Under the hood: 428 Keith Craft stroker (461 cid). All engine info and dyno sheet (600 hp/ 619 ft.lbs. Torque) included for you. Engine outfitted with all the good stuff: MSD distributor, 6AL box, Holley 750 carb. Canton front sump T-style oil pan. Edelbrock Hypo water pump. High-volume aluminum radiator with high rpm fan (2,800 cfm), March pulley setup. BIG Photo of powerplant: Click Here! Geartrain: Lakewood scattershield, Tremec 500 gearbox, rugged 9" Ford rear end (3.25:1 gear ratio), Moser axles. Suspension/brakes/rolling stock: 4-wheel 11" disc brakes, four QA1 adjustable, chromed, coil-over shocks. Wilwood pedal assembly and master cylinders, adjustable front upper control arms; rear end has three link adjustable control arms and panhard bar. Vintage Wheels fitted with Mickey Thompson tires. In the cockpit: period-correct hardwood-rimmed Cobra steering wheel, Classic Instruments gauges, fire extinguisher, black vinyl dash, seats and door panels with black carpet, black floormats trimmed with rich red piping; stainless steel footbox and upright support covers, 2-speed heater, wind wings and visor, doors and trunk weather-stripped, battery cutoff switch, trunk carpet. BIG Photo of cockpit: Click Here! You also get: black hard top with insulation and windows (sliders on each side), and a complete photo album of build and maintenance record. Very well taken care of, and this serpent has all the 'bugs' worked out. 8,800 miles on car and 8,000 on engine. This nimble little Cobra handles very well; it's extremely quick yet very streetable and driver-friendly; you can see and read more about it at the Hurricane-Motorsports.com website. BIG hardtop shot: Click Here! $33,000 obo [with the hard top; will sell as roller alone (everything but the engine & transmission: $25,000; this is your opportunity to possess and drive a really premium-quality Cobra for a considerably reduced price]. Contact Mike at (256) 483-9472 CST, or email: MikeDLane@comcast.net
Florence, Alabama
14 August/October
Old 10-23-2011, 07:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

I built a Classic Roadster a few years ago. For a fun street cruiser I think it is a good car. If you're planning on racing, that's probably not the best choice; there are better chassis available. But all in all, I can't really point to anything as a bad design. The longer wheel base makes it a smidgen more stable on rough roads and at highway speeds. That shelf behind the seats is pretty handy, too.

Parts are fairly easy to come by, and most of the come from other cars. You can easily go down to Autozone and get new brake parts, suspension, etc. The problem is that the parts come from a lot of differant cars. So make sure you get the build manual so you know where those parts come from.
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto
Old 10-24-2011, 05:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2007 BDR FR Boss 302
Not Ranked     

I have one for sale also. Same make vehicle. Built by DV from this forum. See Capteddie build thread. $32,500. Let me know if you're interested. Cobra has 60 miles on it.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well guys I bought the big block out of california, Im hoping ill be happy with it, a few things can be changed the veh seems to be in good condition and a good kit.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Awesome Scott !

Post pics of you sitting in the cockpit smiling when you can.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Make sure it is SB100, it will save you a lot pain and time
Old 10-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

SB100 is not a big deal for you as you are in Texas. Once you register it there I don't believe it is valid anymore. If the car came back to Ca it would probably have to go back through the SB100 process again. Of course I could be compleatly wrong on that.

Check with a few guys in your area and find out what you will need there. lots of help there in Texas.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks guys for all the help, now I have to find a shipper who will not rape me to get it to Texas, shipping has gotten very expensive, SB100 is no problem here, the veh gets a basic safety inspection and no emissions check.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Scott: Use the search feature and a number of Threads on car transport companies. One that I have used 3X.

America's Premier Enclosed Auto Transport Company for vintage race cars, collector cars, classic car, show cars, antique car, concours and auction transport: Automobile transportation is our only business - Door to door car transport service from Int