Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 05:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default door hinge

i have what i believe to be a very early body. it is on a custom frame. the doors have a metal plate inside them - with two large holes in front for the hinges. It does not seem to be configured for the generic hoop frames i see at most suppliers. does anyone have this type door/hinge setup? if so, where can i find the proper hinges? (same story on the door latches, they are cut out for install, but i have no latches, the "original" style latches don't look like they will fit the cutouts) i will have to fab some sort of hinge mount on the frame, and all of the firewall, my car has neither.....
if anyone has installed the generic hoop hinges on the hood and trunk, i would be interested in seeing how they mount to the body... my hood and trunk have threaded holes for the plates - but the body doesn't seem to have any bosses for the hinge bracket.
thanks
Old 01-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

You can check with Emerson, Emerson MotorSports - Emerson 427 - Bigger, stronger, faster, better. You heard this before, let us prove it!. His door hinges will work on the CR but the door will not open like a normal CR door does. It actually opens better. His cowl frame might even work also. The cowl frame is what the door hinge bolts to.

CR does not use original style latches. They use a bearclaw type latch. The bearclaw receptical bolts into the body and the pin bolts into the door.

Look at my photos (the camera icon under my user name). You will see the cowl bar in one or more of my photos. If you need any other pictures just let me know of what and I will post them with my other photos.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

terry, don't mean to hijack the thread but, what application is that heater control in your gallery for? you can PM it as to not clutter this thread

Fred
Old 01-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fred,

From what I understand it was from a mid 80's mopar midsized car and possibly pickup's. That is all that I found out. I changed mine to a Vintage Air unit. All of my old heater stuff has been gone for quite a while.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

very good.., close enough.....originally mine had a unit from a ford courier....quite unobtainable these days, the one you pictured may work just fine...thanks
Old 01-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

There is a whole list of modifications to do to the one in my photos in the CR manual. If you get the same one you might want to read up on it.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Try Acton Custom, he made several types of door hinges for multitude of kits. He can also make OEM style which may work with little elbow grease?
Old 01-28-2012, 10:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Maker
Send a message via AIM to Bill E Send a message via Yahoo to Bill E
Not Ranked     

I will post better pics of my hinges in my photo gallery
Old 02-06-2012, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

are the original style door/ trunk and trunk hinges/latches still avail anywhere, or were they car specific?
Old 02-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Door, trunk and hood hinges were made by CR. If you do not care for Bills "door" hinges I have an extra set. PM me for a $ if interested.

Last edited by tcrist; 02-07-2012 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: added the word "door"